Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular show

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    ^ We'll remind you a few times, Olympia!
    I have transferred my note from the calendar to the TV set. It is taped right onto the front. Shame on me if I miss this one. And no one better call me up on the phone while it's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I have transferred my note from the calendar to the TV set. It is taped right onto the front. Shame on me if I miss this one. And no one better call me up on the phone while it's on.
    Just let it go to the answering machine or voicemail. Hehehe.

OK, Olympia. here's your "official" reminder for today. The show will be aired on NBC this afternoon, 4-6 PM EST. As always, check your local listings!

Custom Title
    Thanks! The countdown begins. Imagine getting to see the skaters and all the gymnasts in one fell swoop.

It's on right now here. I'm watching Ashley.

Custom Title
    Well, it's not on here. They're showing a rerun of Access Hollywood. Who knows? Maybe we'll get a shortened version at 4:30.

Team sports as usual...hockey went into overtime.

I hate when skating gets pre-empted due to other sports coverage ...

I recorded it & was glad that I did as I wound up ffing through commercials & gymnastics. Not a fan of either.

Custom Title
    I REALLY didn't like this show. First of all, i kept worrying that the skaters would run into that ridiculous stage, I like competitive gymnastics and not this foo-foo stuff, and why on earth when people are skating do they have to show the band! I don't care what the band members look like- I want to see the skaters! I dont' know who produced this show but they didn't do a good job of it. I can watch MTV if I want to see band members. I will say Ashley looked very graceful and the Shibs were cute. I was most worried about Charlie and Meryl running into that stage because they cover so much ice. Same thing with Jeremy.

Well - at least the skaters probably got some $$$ out of this.

i agree that the "rink" was a joke, that would be so difficult to skate on. There's hardly any room to jump. And i TOTALLY agree about them showing the bands, i want the camera on the athletes, not the musicians! we hear their music and that's good enough for me. my favorite performance were the Shibs, it was adorable! (a pairs team at my rink skated to the "anything you can do, i can do better" song in an ice show a few years ago, it was SO cute. Jaylyn kelly and gabe woodruff, not sure if anyone remembers them...2007 novice bronze medalists i believe). Are the gymnastics routines improv or choreographed? Gah the watered down content kills me. just at least to a double back or something, not another back handspring...

Nadia's left eye looked odd. Hope she is okay! I too was worried they would hit the stage or the lights.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3