Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Skating & Gymnastics Spectacular show

Well, at least Ashley is skating even if she isnt jumping.....gives me hope for nats.....
    As for MathMan and the four prettiest ladies, well, I have to agree, but as pretty and interesting as their faces are, they are so different....which I find interesting....not like the marketing cookie cutter blondes we see on TV at all....are we just biases?

Disson posted some backstage photos of the event on their Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1882236&type=1

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Well, at least Ashley is skating even if she isnt jumping.....gives me hope for nats.....
    As for MathMan and the four prettiest ladies, well, I have to agree, but as pretty and interesting as their faces are, they are so different....which I find interesting....not like the marketing cookie cutter blondes we see on TV at all....are we just biases?
    I absolutely agree. They're not even a skating "type"--they're different heights, different builds, and certainly different faces--each one beautiful largely because of their individuality and expressiveness.

And I'd like to add a vote and a sigh for Charlie....

ETA: Looking at the photos, I see that Nastia is there! How wonderful to see her as well as the Fierce Five.
    Last edited by Olympia; 12-16-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victura View Post
    Disson posted some backstage photos of the event on their Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1882236&type=1
    Gold: Raisman and Shibutani

Silver: Wieber and White

I try and look at them and not thinking of them as the skaters I know, but it is impossible...that is why I think I am biased....Maia is of course beautiful even if you dont know who she is, but knowing who she is makes her more so....re-watched Worlds 2011 Ladies long tonight....as the wind blows and the snow piles up.....that was a pretty close competition...
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I absolutely agree. They're not even a skating "type"--they're different heights, different builds, and certainly different faces--each one beautiful largely because of their individuality and expressiveness.

And I'd like to add a vote and a sigh for Charlie....

ETA: Looking at the photos, I see that Nastia is there! How wonderful to see her as well as the Fierce Five.

Custom Title
    Such a thrill to see the worlds of skating and gymnastics collide! Everyone looks like they are having so much fun. Can't wait to see the show on TV.

As an Asian-American, I am probably biased but I have always thought of Maia as such a beautiful person, both inside and out. She always presents herself in such a lovely and mature way, even from when she only 11 years old. Now 18, she is just blossoming before our eyes into SUCH a beauty. Impeccable taste in clothes too!

Custom Title
    Binthere, I don't think you're showing bias at all. Everyone seems to think of Maia as beautiful inside and out. Some people just stand out, don't they? I always felt that way about Michelle Kwan, whom I've watched since she was twelve, and I'm not Asian-American.

The fact is, we're uncommonly lucky in our ice dancers right now in North America, aren't we? It's a splendid turn of events.

I'm happy to see some of my favorite skaters and gymnasts photographed together-but in all honesty I'm none to fond of these Skating and Gymnastics 'Spectaculars'. They tend to be cheeseville imo.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Some fancam videos from the show are surfacing:
    Davis & White
    R5's "What Do I Have To Do": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzdBATqWHiE
    Adele's "Someone Like You": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_CmT5bp0po

Gracie Gold
    The Show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IJTek32izg

Lord, that is a terrible rink layout for the skaters to have to cope with. Kudos to Gracie for managing to do something in all parts of the ice surface.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Binthere View Post
    As an Asian-American, I am probably biased but I have always thought of Maia as such a beautiful person, both inside and out. She always presents herself in such a lovely and mature way, even from when she only 11 years old. Now 18, she is just blossoming before our eyes into SUCH a beauty. Impeccable taste in clothes too!
    I agree. Maia is just a beautiful young girl and always seems so cheerful and happy. I love her look. She reminds me a little of Kate Middleton in that her clothes are always attractive and fashionable, yet tasteful and age-appropriate as well.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar

New NBC air date for Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular: Jan 13

New NBC air date for the Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular:

Sunday, January 20, 2013
    4:00 – 6:00 PM EST
    Check your local listings!

(I will go back and edit the original post of this thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Binthere View Post
    Such a thrill to see the worlds of skating and gymnastics collide! Everyone looks like they are having so much fun. Can't wait to see the show on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Binthere, I don't think you're showing bias at all. Everyone seems to think of Maia as beautiful inside and out. Some people just stand out, don't they? I always felt that way about Michelle Kwan, whom I've watched since she was twelve, and I'm not Asian-American.

The fact is, we're uncommonly lucky in our ice dancers right now in North America, aren't we? It's a splendid turn of events.
    Quote Originally Posted by eyria View Post
    I agree. Maia is just a beautiful young girl and always seems so cheerful and happy. I love her look. She reminds me a little of Kate Middleton in that her clothes are always attractive and fashionable, yet tasteful and age-appropriate as well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    New NBC air date for the Skating and Gymnastics Spectacular:

Sunday, January 20, 2013
    4:00 – 6:00 PM EST
    Check your local listings!

(I will go back and edit the original post of this thread)
    Thanks. I've made a note on my calendar and hope I have the smarts to look at it in time.

^ We'll remind you a few times, Olympia!

ny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast