Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaetlyn Osmond 2013 World Champion?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Carolina hasn't competed all season and quite frankly, I will be very surprised if she competes at all.
    Carolina has officially comfirmed that she will compete at Golden Spin this weekend as well as Italian Nationals next weekend. Those two competitions will be her preparation for Europeans and Worlds.

Custom Title
    I think it is farfetched for Ms. Osmond to win world gold she should be thrilled if she makes top ten. Outside chance at top 5. However, I don`t think it has been a long long long time since Canada has had a top notch lady. I consider Joannie Rochette just over 2 years ago as a top notch skater - maybe a little underrated now that I see her programs and thet ransitions. Yes Osmond needs some work on refining her skills, a little more oomph and finesse and stronger spins and musicality but she has done very well. She is getting fairly consistent but she does need some bigger triples.

Edgy Details
    I think she is really brilliant, a strong candidate for the 'next big thing' in figure skating. Her radiant smile 'enhances' all her skills. Her jumps are big, powerful, fully rotated. She still needs to work on her spins and positions, but I adore her and cannot wait for her progress.

World Champion this year?? Probably not, but if she skates like that, she will have chance to medal. A young, radiant personality, when skating the lights out at big competitions are prone to receive high PCS.

Custom Title
    Kaetlyn's PCS was not inflated at Skate Canada and she deserved the gold medal there.
    Though her PCS was not inflated at SC, she will have a hard time to break 30 (SP) and 60 (LP) thresholds, the scores that a worthy (not just lucky) gold medal contender is supposed to routinely achieve. I'm no expert, but this is my impression: Even when Mao or Yuna falls or messes up on an element, their in-between skating is so smooth like silk, effortless like feather, clear like miracle spring water....Kaetlyn's skating didn't translate that kind of feeling. It was somewhat (just so slightly) murky, blurry, heavy, lacking clarity or sureness. I don't know how to describe. To me, it is just not the same level of quality yet. I agree there is a chance she might win a medal, but if she wins the gold....Ugh....that will be a disappointing competition.

Custom Title
    First off, Kaetlyn's PCS was not inflated at Skate Canada and she deserved the gold medal there. Aikiko quite rightly won the LP, but her short was weak. Carolina hasn't competed all season and quite frankly, I will be very surprised if she competes at all. I don't expect her to win Worlds, but I'm not dismissing her chances out of hand.
    She did deserve her PC's, but I expect they may not be quite so high at Worlds due to things beyond our control

Custom Title
    Probably not this year, but a surprise bronze might be in reach.

First off, Kaetlyn's PCS was not inflated at Skate Canada and she deserved the gold medal there.
    , since when does a new skater recieve a PCS as high as 28's, I think her inflated PCS will continue since it will be in Canada
    but wont be that high anymore since Yuna, Mao , Carolina will be competing
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 12-14-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Custom Title
    Or they keep Osmond's as is and inflate everyone else

Custom Title
    Another thing about Kaetlyn's skating is that nothing really stands out--good enough, but not outstanding. She completed a lot of jumps but none of them has a wow effect like Oda's (soft knee), Yuna's (distance), Plueshenko's (height) and so on. Her busy pawing arms, though surely deserving credits for her effort, reminded me of a cat fight. Any move that involved a catch foot was done awkwardly (Perhaps her weakness in extension?). Her footwork, regardless of the difficulty level she achieved, made me feel like wanting to oil her blades or smooth the ice for her. I think Kaetlyn is talented and has lots of potentials. But if she pulls a Kimmie Meissner at this World Championship, I'm afraid it will dramatically cut short her skating career. Winning is not necessarily a blessing for one who is not ready.

Miserere Nobis
    She'll be world champion if and only if Yuna, Wagner, Mao, Kostner, Suzuki, and Leonova fall on every single triple. Honestly, with the projected field for 2013 Worlds, Osmond may not even make the top 5. I think top 10 is a much more realistic goal for her.

Harsh, I know, but she is far from the level of the top senior ladies.

Custom Title
    I don't believe Suzuki fell on every single triple and Osmond beat her at SCI!!

Custom Title
    Worlds are not in Canada and Asada, Kim, Wagner, and Kostner are all MUCH stronger contenders for Worlds than Suzuki is.

Custom Title
    The title for Kaetyln is a stretch. With Yu-na possible , maybe caroline kosnter, and maybe Miki Ando.

However i can see kaetlyn in the top 6 .

if the above go to worlds. i can see it

1) yu-na kim
    2-4)-mao, ashley, caroline kostner

5-6) tied between kaetlyn and a russian lady. adelina, elizaveta, alena,

depends on who goes to worlds and who don't. who wins what at their championships.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    I don't believe Suzuki fell on every single triple and Osmond beat her at SCI!!
    Suzuki had a disastrous SP at SCI, and still came close enough to Osmond's final score that many believed she'd been robbed of the gold.

Custom Title
    Osmond sort of reminds of Meissner, Wagner, Flatt - perfectly good skaters but not special. Unlike Wagner she has not had time to mature or get experience but in two years she could be like Wagner - she certainly is Canada's best or only hope right now to secure two oly spots.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast