Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaetlyn Osmond 2013 World Champion?

skating philosopher
    If Suzuki skated her short program as planned at SC. She would have received a score around 60. She lost 4.2 BV on the DG toe loop and 1.6 on the lutz jump. I still think Kaetlyn Osmond's PCS boost was a bit excessive between the SP and the FS. Gracie Gold did not get that much of a boost between the two programs at COR and she was first after the SP as well.

Custom Title
    Her score at Skate Canada was something like 176, wasn't it? That is far below what the top ladies are capable of, even if they make mistakes. Kim, Asada, Wagner, Liza Tuk, Suzuki, Kostner (if she skates), Kiira Korpi are all likely to end up ahead of her. Akiko was only about a point behind at SC after making several mistakes.

Custom Title

Kaetlyn Osmond 2013 World Champion?

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Worlds are not in Canada...
    Huh????? I assume pangtongfan has been thinking Worlds is in London, England?
    Last edited by rvi5; 12-14-2012 at 02:41 PM.

I doubt it.. bronze medal at best..

Custom Title
    She will win Silver.

Custom Title
    I think it is to early to think of that, people tend to get very excited of young staters like Kaetlyn, Adelina, Gracie and expect too much of them. It doesn't make any good to K to be tweeted as a possible contender. Let her be, let her skate free of pressure and emotions because she can still do that now at her first big competition. And if she finishes in top 10 as I think she will, than the pressure will come for the next years. But this worlds, she should be free as she was in Skate Canada. But if you make too much fuss around her, she might became the new Adelina. Because the same thing happened to her. And also to Gracie. The more experienced and talented (talent grows with time, with every competition in a row) know better how to handle pressure.
    I would like to see Akiko winning. Skaters who win worlds at an early age very often settle for that and don't find the motivation to became truly artists like Akiko did. And don't get me wrong, I really like Kaetlyn and I am happy that I discovered her and I hope to see her many years from now on. I have never liked Carolina or Kiira like I like them now, never liked Miki until she won her second title (she didn't tell me anything in 2007), and... even though I am upset about her weak technique which shouldn't allow her to win so easily, I never liked Mao (especially in Vancouver, not at all) until now. It takes time to become more than just a good skater. And the lady who wins worlds has to be more than that.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Worlds are in Canada and a sixteen year old girl doesn't need even more pressure announcing her a competitor for Gold. I think she is lovely to watch but I haven't seen her much to know more. Mirai had skated a fantastic Carmen at the Olys and everyone hurried to announce her the next big thing, and the pressure at worlds caught her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Osmond sort of reminds of Meissner, Wagner, Flatt - perfectly good skaters but not special.
    Yes, Osmond reminds me of Wagner.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    She will win Silver.
    I think that's possible. And if she does, it will be a deserving win of that silvery medal (assuming other top contenders all fall apart badly).

Custom Title
    well she has to win nationals first.

Custom Title
    Will be interesting. With Osmonds successes so far this year if something happens at nationals and she does not win, will Skate Canada have a "skate-off" at 4CC like last year or will the National champion go. You notice I didn't mention Lacoste as National champion as I think the top 4 or 5 from challenge could beat Lacoste. And Osmond is still the only one qualified for Worlds. Will be an interesting Nationals!!

Custom Title
    And Japan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    And Japan
    Not Japan.

Osmond is talented. If she keeps improving, she will get there some day. Maybe post Sochi. I wouldn't count this delightful lady out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    well she has to win nationals first.
    not hard for her to do, considering it's Canadian Nationals...

Custom Title
    Canadian ladies do not get the hype of the big 3 - Japan, Russia, and US. For the majority, if a ladies skater is not from these three they do not deserve good PCS or there is something wrong with their skating. What will posters come up with if Osmonddoes well at 4CC? I am sure they will try to link SC somehow other than accepting that osmond deserve the scores

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast