Kaetlyn Osmond 2013 World Champion? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond 2013 World Champion?

gmyers

Record Breaker
It was posted that her pcs would be lower than Yuna mao and kostner but that's it. Those are the only three people that her pcs would be lower than potentially! She will obviously be 4th. But probably not in their near 70 area just like 60+. One Of them would have to get maybe below 40 on tech? Or 50? To medal. But maybe she will get near 70 pcs too. She is he mist promising young skatEr in the world right now.

Last edited:

vera01

Final Flight
:clap::bow::yay::love:
Kaetlyn just won Nationals with a score over 200+!!!
:eek:

But unless top skaters like Yuna, Carolina, and Mao makes a major mistake, Kaetlyn won't be the one with a gold medal at Worlds. Plus, it's not a score from international competition. Let's wait and see how she does at 4CC, if she's going to compete there.

However, I'm still impressed by Kaetlyn. She has improved so much...

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This was Canadian Nationals. They are notorious for inflating scores. No way does she get 130 points for a skate like her LP last night. Obviously she has potential though.

Last edited:

Nadia01

Final Flight
:clap::bow::yay::love:
Kaetlyn just won Nationals with a score over 200+!!!
:eek:

True, but it was nats & her free wasn't clean at all. I don't see her getting that kind of score from an international sr-level comp if she repeats her nats free.

flying camel

Medalist
This was Canadian Nationals. They are notorious for inflating scores. No way does she get 130 points for a skate like her LP last night. Obviously she has potential though.

She is such a breath of fresh air for the canadian ladies. She is so exciting to watch. I think she just needs a little more experience competing. She may be a world champion in the near future. She has some things to work on. Some of her jumps have that lazy quality to them. But I hope she can build on her weaknesses and keep her confidence.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Champion ? no
but top 5 is achievable if others have meltdown plus she will get Canadian home ground inflation score
she might have a shot with the bronze and pull a Laura Lepsito with her doubles and edge lutzes ?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Champion ? no
but top 5 is achievable if others have meltdown plus she will get Canadian home ground inflation score
she might have a shot with the bronze and pull a Laura Lepsito with her doubles and edge lutzes ?

Laura had a clean 3Lz in 2010
She might win but only if the other ladies fall apart. I would give her one or two more years to improve. She is quite rough around the edges BUT she looks to be a very good competitor which is the key for succes

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Laura had a clean 3Lz in 2010
She might win but only if the other ladies fall apart. I would give her one or two more years to improve. She is quite rough around the edges BUT she looks to be a very good competitor which is the key for succes

I watched the LP definitely was not near clean and that did not merit a 130+
she would beat Yuna's score which is unlikely to happen, her pcs will be lower than Yuna, Mao, Carolina, Ashley but will get higher pcs than Tuk and Gracie :mad:
still at least Rochette now has a successor

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Remember that her inflated score is still lower than what both Yu-Na and Carolina received at their Nationals!! (both well above 140)

tulosai

Record Breaker
It was posted that her pcs would be lower than Yuna mao and kostner but that's it. Those are the only three people that her pcs would be lower than potentially! She will obviously be 4th. But probably not in their near 70 area just like 60+. One Of them would have to get maybe below 40 on tech? Or 50? To medal. But maybe she will get near 70 pcs too. She is he mist promising young skatEr in the world right now.

Her PCS will be lower than Wagner and Adelina potentially, not just Yuna, Mao, and Kostner. Also Suzuki, potentially, though I know she beat her before. It could still happen. Korpi too if she is well.

I think, generally, both sides of the Kaetlyn debate are way overboard. To say there are only three skaters who can potentially beat her on PCS is ridiculous- at least the 7 skaters I mention can beat her on PCS. On the other hand, to say she has no chance of a top 5 or even top 3 finish is also ridiculous. Especially if she is clean, of course she does.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Just watched Kaetlyn's long program at Skate Canada. Yes . . . she could medal at Worlds. I could see that happening, easily. If Mao has a meltdown or lots of URs; if Carolina has a subpar performance (very possible after so much time off); if Akiko again doubles lots of jumps; if Ashley's not fully recovered; if Yuna isn't at her best . . . A lot of ifs, I know, but all this could easily happen.

This girl is very, very talented. Just a natural performer. What I like is she's a very complete skater, especially for her age. Great jumps, good difficulty, excellent transitions and choreography, wonderful performance quality and speed, good overall skating. The other younger girls--Tukt, Adelina, Julia, Gracie--have a half-baked feel. There's something missing with each of them, either musicality and performance quality, or consistency with the jumps, or overall packaging. Not so with Kaetlyn. She really has it all--no serious weaknesses. So far.

I agree with your evaluation, Eyria. I just watched her short program, and she has such sparkle. She displays a great deal of spontaneity, not that programmed quality that so many very young skaters have. How old is she? She's very impressive.

She certainly has a chance to do well at Worlds, if she retains her self-assurance. As for how high in the rankings she'll end up, a lot depends on how well everyone else does. But if she stays on her feet, she's sure going to make Canada look good.

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I agree with your evaluation, Eyria. I just watched her short program, and she has such sparkle. She displays a great deal of spontaneity, not that programmed quality that so many very young skaters have. How old is she? She's very impressive.

She certainly has a chance to do well at Worlds, if she retains her self-assurance. As for how high in the rankings she'll end up, a lot depends on how well everyone else does. But if she stays on her feet, she's sure going to make Canada look good.

She's 17 years old.

noskates

Record Breaker
I think Kaetlyn has alot of potential but I still think she looks kind of "heavy" on the ice. The fact that she's only 17 years old is in her favor. She has the jumps and the spins - just needs the finesse. It's nice to see a Canadian lady back in the hunt though.

skatel80

On the Ice
Im not sure about her worlds chances, but this girl is one for surprises! wherever she places I will enjoy watching her enjoy her time on the ice like she always seems to do, the joy she skates with and the way she presents everything is terrific:yay:

shine

Record Breaker
Just watched Kaetlyn's long program at Skate Canada. Yes . . . she could medal at Worlds. I could see that happening, easily. If Mao has a meltdown or lots of URs; if Carolina has a subpar performance (very possible after so much time off); if Akiko again doubles lots of jumps; if Ashley's not fully recovered; if Yuna isn't at her best . . . A lot of ifs, I know, but all this could easily happen.

This girl is very, very talented. Just a natural performer. What I like is she's a very complete skater, especially for her age. Great jumps, good difficulty, excellent transitions and choreography, wonderful performance quality and speed, good overall skating. The other younger girls--Tukt, Adelina, Julia, Gracie--have a half-baked feel. There's something missing with each of them, either musicality and performance quality, or consistency with the jumps, or overall packaging. Not so with Kaetlyn. She really has it all--no serious weaknesses. So far.

I totally agree. Osmond's talent is undeniable. And I enjoy her skating more than any of the wonder babies these days and find her even more impressive than the so called skating prodigies like Kim and Asada when they were the same age (mind you, I've never stepped on either of their bandwagons). They had impressive jumps, but Osmond has EVERYTHING, imo. What I'm particularly excited about her skating besides the big jumps and difficult transitions is that she seems to be able to handle any tempo of music and has a wide range of movement and expression. Of course she still needs to work on refining her elements and other little things like holding an edge steadier in her footwork and extending her moves longer but the maturity and performance quality she has displayed for someone who is barely 17 is incredible and very rare, imo, and promises many good things to come in the future. Oh, and I love her Carmen.

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I totally agree. Osmond's talent is undeniable. And I enjoy her skating more than any of the wonder babies these days and find her even more impressive than the so called skating prodigies like Kim and Asada when they were the same age (mind you, I've never stepped on either of their bandwagons). They had impressive jumps, but Osmond has EVERYTHING, imo. What I'm particularly excited about her skating besides the big jumps and difficult transitions is that she seems to be able to handle any tempo of music and has a wide range of movement and expression.

I'm not a fan of Kaetlyn, but I honestly feel like she seems happier than Mao or Yuna (when they were her age) when she's on the ice. It's not a happiness that is borne by portraying a character, but it seems more ... genuine.

Exudes happiness, this one.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I totally agree. Osmond's talent is undeniable. And I enjoy her skating more than any of the wonder babies these days and find her even more impressive than the so called skating prodigies like Kim and Asada when they were the same age (mind you, I've never stepped on either of their bandwagons). They had impressive jumps, but Osmond has EVERYTHING, imo. What I'm particularly excited about her skating besides the big jumps and difficult transitions is that she seems to be able to handle any tempo of music and has a wide range of movement and expression. Of course she still needs to work on refining her elements and other little things like holding an edge steadier in her footwork and extending her moves longer but the maturity and performance quality she has displayed for someone who is barely 17 is incredible and very rare, imo, and promises many good things to come in the future. Oh, and I love her Carmen.
You must have not seen Yuna's debut at Worlds in 2007. She had everything even then to become a Olympic champion. And this was from when she was just 16. Osmond is good but i don't think this good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bYtM0vmtkM