Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaetlyn Osmond 2013 World Champion?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    IMO, the podium will likely be (in any order) Kostner, Yu-Na Kim, Asada; Korpi, Suzuki, Wagner, a Russian lady and Osmond will jockey for placements in the top 10.
    That's another reason I think Osmond should go to Junior Worlds--Her only chance to be a "world" champion in 2013 (which will significantly improve her international recognition and pave the way for the Olympics) and perhaps her best chance ever to beat Elena Radionova, who in my mind has the wow factor like the young Asada or Yuna Kim that Osmond lacks. No Canadian lady has ever won Junior Worlds since Carolyn Skoczen in 1977. It is a proud title within her reach. Why not go grab it before that cute Russian Elena grows to be a formidable threat?
    Last edited by skatinginbc; 12-15-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I had thought earlier in the season the reigning World junior Champion Lipnitskaya would have a strong chance at a World medal, but she seems to not be dealing with the pressure of Senior competition well, and many of her flaws which didnt matter that much at the junior level she is really being docked for by Senior judges. Such a shame. I hope she doesnt get discouraged and retire, the poor thing. She must be heartbroken.
    She wasn't age eligible this year anyway.

Custom Title
    At JW, Osmond would be facing both Lipnitskaia (not eligible for Worlds) and Radionova, so it's not a forgone conclusion that Osmond would win gold. Lipnitskaia may not have been thrilled with her GP results, but Julia did score higher at CoC and TEB than Kaetlyn did at SC. JW Ladies judges: AUT, BUL, CRO, FIN, GEO, GRE, NED, ROU, SRB, SVK, SLO.

Gold is not guaranteed for her at 4CC, either. 4CC is in Japan this year, and the Ladies panel includes judges from CHN, TPE, JPN and KOR.
    Last edited by chuckm; 12-15-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Let's stick to the topic of the thread and the topic of skating - not insulting groups of people/posters. Thanks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    They use WORLD RANKINGS only. The ISU created Seasons World Standings when they awarded bonus $ for the top skaters, but they don't use it for anything any more.
    Strangely, I guess, it is World STANDINGS and Season World Rankings.

Custom Title

Kaetlyn just won Nationals with a score over 200+!!!

Custom Title
    It was posted that her pcs would be lower than Yuna mao and kostner but that's it. Those are the only three people that her pcs would be lower than potentially! She will obviously be 4th. But probably not in their near 70 area just like 60+. One Of them would have to get maybe below 40 on tech? Or 50? To medal. But maybe she will get near 70 pcs too. She is he mist promising young skatEr in the world right now.
    Last edited by gmyers; 01-20-2013 at 04:54 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post

But unless top skaters like Yuna, Carolina, and Mao makes a major mistake, Kaetlyn won't be the one with a gold medal at Worlds. Plus, it's not a score from international competition. Let's wait and see how she does at 4CC, if she's going to compete there.

However, I'm still impressed by Kaetlyn. She has improved so much...

Custom Title
    This was Canadian Nationals. They are notorious for inflating scores. No way does she get 130 points for a skate like her LP last night. Obviously she has potential though.
    Last edited by Jammers; 01-20-2013 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post

True, but it was nats & her free wasn't clean at all. I don't see her getting that kind of score from an international sr-level comp if she repeats her nats free.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    This was Canadian Nationals. They are notorious for inflating scores. No way does she get 130 points for a skate like her LP last night. Obviously she has potential though.
    She is such a breath of fresh air for the canadian ladies. She is so exciting to watch. I think she just needs a little more experience competing. She may be a world champion in the near future. She has some things to work on. Some of her jumps have that lazy quality to them. But I hope she can build on her weaknesses and keep her confidence.

Banned
    Champion ? no
    but top 5 is achievable if others have meltdown plus she will get Canadian home ground inflation score
    she might have a shot with the bronze and pull a Laura Lepsito with her doubles and edge lutzes ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Champion ? no
    but top 5 is achievable if others have meltdown plus she will get Canadian home ground inflation score
    she might have a shot with the bronze and pull a Laura Lepsito with her doubles and edge lutzes ?
    Laura had a clean 3Lz in 2010
    She might win but only if the other ladies fall apart. I would give her one or two more years to improve. She is quite rough around the edges BUT she looks to be a very good competitor which is the key for succes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Laura had a clean 3Lz in 2010
    She might win but only if the other ladies fall apart. I would give her one or two more years to improve. She is quite rough around the edges BUT she looks to be a very good competitor which is the key for succes
    I watched the LP definitely was not near clean and that did not merit a 130+
    she would beat Yuna's score which is unlikely to happen, her pcs will be lower than Yuna, Mao, Carolina, Ashley but will get higher pcs than Tuk and Gracie
    still at least Rochette now has a successor

Custom Title
    She is actually FUN to watch! A breath of fresh air amidst alot of boring free skates.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast