Celebration on Ice Report-Patrick's new EX! | Golden Skate

Celebration on Ice Report-Patrick's new EX!

SGrand

Final Flight
Saw the show in Stratford tonight, was fun, I had never seen live FS before. Patrick performed his Kingdom Come and new "I Need A Dollar" ex, the one with the hat. He was great, but I honestly think he must be so tired, both physically and mentally, not to mention the jet lag! He just didn't seem as fast or skate as big, although maybe that has something to do with being in a smaller arena??? He still had his smiles though and I was so happy to see him skate! In fact, I have to say, seeing our 4 World Champions skating together (and alone) was just plain awesome, I'm so proud of all of them and it's amazing that they're all SO incredibly different with regards to their styles. Very impressive.
Honorable mention goes to Elvis, he skated to My Sharona and it was so much fun, it really took me back to when he used to compete, even though he wasn't the most artistic, he was powerful, and he still is. My mom was like: "he's still got it". He also did a more lyrical skate to a Christmas song that I should really remember, but for the life of me cannot. It was very nice, lots of breaks, but nice just the same.
And Kurt did Singing in the Rain, he's just so damn cute and entertaining, I can't believe he still does this!!!
Oh, and of course Jeff did a fantastic job, seriously, I wish he still competed, I miss his artistry!

spikydurian

Medalist
Here's the four World Champs.

Thanks SGrand for the update. Much appreciated. I would have love to be there to watch those great skaters ..everyone of them. And you are so right. They have different styles and are well known for certain characteristics: Browning for his personality and jumps, Elvis for his powerful skate and jumps, Buttle for his artistry, and Patrick for his bladework. I would have love to be able to watch these four male skaters. And I think Elvis seems to better looking now than when he was younger.;)
How was Christopher Dean's hat program? Did Patrick drop the hat? Hope not.. particularly if there's not enough practice following a hectic competition just a week earlier.

STARushka

Rinkside
Thanks SGrand for sharing ! I hope there will be video :) Join Spikydurian's question - How was new EX ? Did you liked it ?

spikydurian

Medalist
SF ... I hope and pray that you are correct.
On another note... yeah I will see him skate tomorrow.

Your report too, emdee.. please. Photos will be good, if any.

Lori watched Patrick grew up and I would love to believe that a relationship which span nearly or more than 10 years should be less brittle and more enduring. We cannot make sincere and lasting relationships and friendships if we cannot appreciate the goodness in each other whilst accepting the shortfall that comes with human nature. I remember Patrick saying that 'Lori and him are still friends' ..(something to this effect). It was part of the interview at the Skate Canada training camp recently. I do not know why he said that ..maybe someone posed him a question in relation to Lori.

And I agree with you, SF, that the next season is very crucial to preparing for Sochi 2014. PJ Kwong's recent article emphasized the need to be well prepared, and I hope Patrick knows that he cannot mug around any more if he seriously want to medal in Sochi. I am still dreaming of another killer foot/blade work skate from Patrick, his signature skill IMO.

naan

Rinkside
SGrand, thanks for sharing! I hope to see his new EX. How was it? Is this his new costume?
Many fans there are saying "Patrick is sexy, good looking!" on twitter :biggrin:

SGrand

Final Flight
New Ex was really good and he looks great! Costume was black with red accents and a black and red baseball cap. He was so cute, I think he missed a trick with the hat where he kind of flicks it off his foot and catches it.....I'm not sure, I was trying to get a pic lol, but when he ended, he then did the trick and more little hat 'illusions' and was having fun with it. I've always liked that song, but it is repetitive after a while lol. He looks so trim and fit live too (not that he doesn't on TV, but sometimes the TV can be a little distorting), I even didn't mind his pants that he wears for Kingdom Come, they may have actually been a different pair because they seems a little longer and fitted.......or maybe I'm just crazy lol. I thought he was awesome and the crowd was super receptive and cheered lots. His jumps were great for the most part too, only maybe two jumps with either a forward or step out landing, but they all had that. Like I said, I think he must be insanely tired, I don't know how he couldn't be at this time of the year in competition. I'm sure he's had better performances, but I was still impressed and really want to try and go to Nat's in January. Oh, and he had one little slip up during a slow, almost stopped part of KC, it was very 'Patrick' heehee, but he just laughed and and shrugged his shoulders and was a good sport.

Spikydurian, yes, Elvis looks way better now, although I'm sure we all do since the 90's was not the prettiest decade LOL! He was honestly so so good and did a HUGE double axle (I realize that sounds funny, it's only a double lol, but it was BIG and he's not the youngest kid ;) ). And of course he did his tricks and some hydro-blading which was pretty cool and his connection with the audience seems to have grown too!

Was anyone else there? I could have sworn that the announcer introduced Jeff as "Olympic Gold Medalist"! I could be wrong, but that's what it sounded like to my Mom and I haha!

I have some pics, but the next few days are crazy for me so I probably won't get them up until sunday or monday. They're not the greatest, but at least you'll get an idea.

Have fun to everyone else who's going to the other shows!!!!

Teenes

On the Ice
Ooh a Celebration on Ice topic!

Here's my review of the Stratford and Newmarket shows:
http://kurtfiles.com/reviews/celebration12.php

Photos still to come.

It was a FANTASTIC show. If anyone has the opportunity to see it tonight in Sault Ste Marie, I'd take it. Kurt Browning and Geoffrey Tyler's group number concepts and choreography were inventive and fun, and there are quite a few group numbers for such a small tour. Even better, one of them features Kurt, Elvis Stojko, Jeffrey Buttle, and Patrick Chan skating together to "Some Nights" by fun, and it's awesome. The show also gives local skaters a chance to shine, from the cute little Learn to Skate kids to the local synchro team to higher level skaters in the local clubs.

And yes, Geoffrey introduced Jeff as "Olympic Gold Medalist" by mistake - it was a slip of the tongue, apparently he didn't even realize he'd said it until I pointed it out later to tease him.

Also, all the skaters were exhausted because they only had one and a half days to learn and rehearse the entire show, and there were quite a few group numbers. Kurt told me he was on the ice from 9:30AM to 1:30AM the first day. So if Patrick or anyone else seemed tired, that would be why... And then they had to hop in the bus and do Newmarket the next day and then Sudbury the next. They finally got a day off yesterday. Hopefully they got some rest!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the reviews and reports. Sounds like a really great show. I hope that some videos surface soon.
Looking forward to seeing your photos Teenes.