Thread: Adian Pitkeev

Medalist

Adian Pitkeev

I think he deserves his thread here.

Silver medal performance at Junior Worlds 2014: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exxPJNdNqLI

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Eteri said she picks him and Yulia up and they ride together to the rink everyday. At least according to my translator. He's got potential to say the least!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Eteri said she picks him and Yulia up and they ride together to the rink everyday. At least according to my translator. He's got potential to say the least!
    LOL he didn't look very happy with his performance...

EDIT: I think he's a little like Yulia in the sense that he's hard on himself.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I think Yulia is learning to show a little more and as he grows I'm sure the same will happen for him. These kids and their lofty expectations...sheesh. Ill definetely keep my eye on this one!

Medalist
    do you think we'll see him next year with the seniors?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by alebi View Post
    do you think we'll see him next year with the seniors?
    Adian was 5th at Russian Senior Nationals 2014.
    But it is almost impossible that he will be at 2014/2015 at Senior Internationals without quad. He is very young, born 16 May 1998 - same age as Julia.
    And Russia has good Men in Seniors - Kovtun (4th at Worlds), Voronov, Menshov (medalists of Euro), no need to send 16-years-old Adian to Seniors.

At Senior Internationals may be other Eteri's student - Moris Kvitelashvili (born 17 Mar 1995), at Final of Russian Cup 2014 he landed 4T+3T both in SP and FS and two quads in FS.

Medalist
    I really liked him at nationals but yes, I too doubt he'll get a chance to show up in the senior circuit Maybe the Russian Fed will better need to help Gachinski's reputation or reinforce Voronov's one before "throwing into the fray" another still so young skater

Medalist
    For a junior, his jumps are pretty big... He just needs to work on his landings and follow-through.