2013 Italian Nationals (19-22 Dec) | Golden Skate

2013 Italian Nationals (19-22 Dec)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Who will be the third Italian lady at worlds?
No-one, I think: except Caro and Valentina, no-one has the minimum TES for Worlds. However, the battle for the Bronze (and the Euros third spot) is between Roberta Rodeghiero and Francesca Rio... In the Ladies SP, Sara Casella landed a clean 3Lz: I think that it's the first time since Carolina that a Junior girl does it in the SP in Italy! (I know that for Russia/Japan/USA is a "normal" thing, but for Italy it's something really positive!)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Carolina Kostner scored 70.13 for her SP: 3Lo, 3T+2T, 2A, everything really perfectly executed, the PCS (36.20) is obviously inflated, but she really skated her heart out, it has been artistically incredible, so emotional! (Yes, I'm biased, but I'm telling you just what I felt :biggrin: )

skatel80

On the Ice
Very impressed to see that paul parkinson attempted a quad sal in senior mens, Im happy that carolina skated so well and I know her skating skills are great and her program is beautiful but that score is ridiculous, especially if she landed only 3t+2t , I know that national championship inflation is pretty much a given but that is too much, she is in a league of her own though in this event and it was lovely to watch :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Very impressed to see that paul parkinson attempted a quad sal in senior mens, Im happy that carolina skated so well and I know her skating skills are great and her program is beautiful but that score is ridiculous, especially if she landed only 3t+2t , I know that national championship inflation is pretty much a given but that is too much, she is in a league of her own though in this event and it was lovely to watch :)
"Too much" considering the Nationals standard? Makarova received 66 for her Merylin Monroe program with one fall and many mistakes last year! ;)

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Hopefully the vid will be clear.
Also I think if Kostner skates clean she should get high pcs like that.

figureskate

On the Ice
Carolina's short is just amazing, she truly delivered artistically, stunning interpretation. Ok, the score was very high, but I wouldn't care that much, these are national championships and she looked like a heavenly creature compared to other skaters. She had a massive practice with 3lutz and 3f-3t perfectly landed, let's see if she can deliver tomorrow.
Anna and Luca were great too! scored 72

skatel80

On the Ice
"Too much" considering the Nationals standard? Makarova received 66 for her Merylin Monroe program with one fall and many mistakes last year! ;)

Oh gosh I had forgotten that ...surely you can forgive me I seem to have supressed the memory of anything to do with that awful program :/ I like carolina but i just think that 70 points is too high for a program with that technical content JMO

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Oh gosh I had forgotten that ...surely you can forgive me I seem to have supressed the memory of anything to do with that awful program :/ I like carolina but i just think that 70 points is too high for a program with that technical content JMO

Her PCS at 36+ means 9+ on average for each component.
I would put her SS at 9+, IN, CH at 9+, but TR should be in the 7. P/E for today should be in 9+, too.
So at most, her PCS should go down by 2 points max.
I think 68 is a fair score for this kind of skate. The jumps are easy, but that's reflected in the TES already. Her PCS should be very high!!!!

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Great score from Carolina. When i watched the program i didnt expect 70 i expected more like 67-68 because of the 3T2T but good on her anyway. Program looks great

Hope she can deliver tomorrow a good 3Lz and 3F+3T

burntBREAD

Medalist

66 is awful for an LP (which was her Marilyn Monroe program) ;), did she get 66 for her SP? That SP was/is nice though.

I really like this program, the second half is especially interesting!

Tanja90

On the Ice
66 is awful for an LP (which was her Marilyn Monroe program) ;), did she get 66 for her SP? That SP was/is nice though.

I really like this program, the second half is especially interesting!

I think it was for Pcs... 66 for that program was way too high....i agree that 70 is a little infilated but for how she skated Carolina really deserved 36 on her pcs