Weaver injures ankle | Golden Skate

Weaver injures ankle

Shaba22

Final Flight
I heard that Kaitlyn Weaver suffered a broken ankle in a training session this evening. If so, not good news. It's not official yet... but it's so sad, if it's true...:cry:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
The IFS post is the only one I can find and it's not a confirmation - just a "I heard" statement.

I really hope they heard wrong. (Though if you're going to be injured, this is the season to do it.)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I really hope this is not true, because they've already had a "not so good" first half of the season, an injury like this could really put them out of the games for a 4CC medal or a good place at WC, and, since they've surely worked hard to make their FD better, I would like to see the results of this!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not good news, if true. Whatever the case, best wishes to her - a full, speedy recovery!

Icey

Record Breaker
Omg, I read the whole thread before I finally figured out you weren't talking about Osmond.:rolleye:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Oh God please no!
I love their fd and want to see it again.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Omg, I read the whole thread before I finally figured out you weren't talking about Osmond.:rolleye:

Me too! :laugh: *facepalm*

And selfishly, although I like W&P and was hoping for them to come back strong in the second part of the season, I guess I'm relieved the rumor isn't about Osmond, since Canada has so much hope for winning back that second ladies' spot resting on her. Hopefully though, neither Kaitlyn is injured.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
facepalm me too. i just saw kaitlynn and assumed Osmond. A sprain can be worse. So hopefully, it's not complicated, and a fast heal. What I have noticed is that figure skaters are young aned most are superfit. They recover from injuries that a non-athlete would have for life. I love thisn team, and enjoy them as much as the fancy Oly gold Canadian pair.

I hope it is wrong, and as Toni said, no confirmation, and a facebook comment is by no means somethiong you can hang your hat on. Hope it is just false hearsay.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
It's not looking good you guys :cry: No direct confirmation yet, but PJ tweeted this :
I have not spoken to Kaitlyn directly but have it on good authority that it's true - more details if/when I hear -#cbcskate

emma

Record Breaker
This really is horrible, horrible news. I love this team and wish for them the very very best. For now, I'm just hoping that whatever it is, Kaitlyn is able to heal fully and quickly and that they both have a great support team/system to get them through this very trying time.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I guess their dream of a World podium finish is done for good.
This year was supposed to be the year they overtake P/B and they couldn't beat B/S. PCS took a step back. Now, another set back. By the time they are healthy again, B/S, C/L, even I/K are already way ahead.

In ice dancing, PCS are so important, it's impossible to catch up when you're away for so long. Like D/S a few years back, couldn't crack top 5 at the Olympics.