Thread: Kostner at Golden Spin of Zagreb (vids)

Hybrid View

On the Ice
    WOW! What a program. Delicious music too!

Woooow, she tried 3 lutz! I don't especially like her sp but I must admit Bolero suits her very well and it's a nice free program.

On the other hand, she performed only 4 triples, including 2 underrotated, one with a step-out and only one succesfull 3 toe in a combination with 2 toe.
    Last edited by Cherryy; 12-16-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Custom Title
    It seems that in the long she goes for seven triples or at least I hope so...it is very challenging and I hope to see it at full potential! It is wonderful however! and the short too.
    this is what I love of Carolina, every year she came with different things!

well i think this was a great comeback 4 triples (even if they weren't all perfect), and all her spins and steps where level 4. I think the music suits her well!

Custom Title
    Wow, the long program looks good! The jumps still need work, but that will come with time, I think. And it's good to see her attempting the 3Lutz. I like how the program builds strongly at the end.

We are definitely seeing some great long programs this year in the ladies division--with this Bolero, Ashley's Samson & Delilah, Akiko's bird program, and Mao's Swan Lake, we could be in for a treat in the final flight at Worlds. (And I haven't even seen Yuna's Les Miz yet!)

Custom Title
    I was very disappointed. Yes, Carolina tried different music and kudos to that but she has no connection with the music; the music seems like an afterthought. Good try with the bigger jumps but truly disappointing for a world champion forget the color or style of her costumes. The music seems like it is just there. She sould be proud she has a world gold and move on perhaps? I know she is loved by so many but show skating could be for her. These jumps are almost equivalent to katarina Witt 25 years ago! although I give credit for the 3 lutz attempt.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I was very disappointed. Yes, Carolina tried different music and kudos to that but she has no connection with the music; the music seems like an afterthought. Good try with the bigger jumps but truly disappointing for a world champion forget the color or style of her costumes. The music seems like it is just there. She sould be proud she has a world gold and move on perhaps? I know she is loved by so many but show skating could be for her. These jumps are almost equivalent to katarina Witt 25 years ago! although I give credit for the 3 lutz attempt.
    Have to agree. Thank goodness Kim is back.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemann View Post
    Have to agree. Thank goodness Kim is back.
    If you can call Kostner's LP choreography weak then Kim's is just garbage.

Lack of inbetweens, fine. But not sure how anyone watching the same program as me can say that she has no connection to music. She interpreted the heck out of the music, even if it's not what you like.
    Last edited by shine; 12-19-2012 at 11:26 PM.