3lz
2a
3f3t
3l
3t2t
3s2t2l
3sal

That's quite ambitious.

wow!! if she skates this program cleanly she really has a good chance! and if she doesn't land the 3f3t she can do 3t3t in the second half...a lot of points even in this case!

sapphiresky

Rinkside
I like her SP much more than her LP.

That LP music doesn't work very well without a lot of transitions between jumps...ugh...Bolero...it just makes it really dull to watch. And I'm not sure I understand the middle of the program, when she was posing to the music...??

But I'm glad that Caro is getting back into it.

Riemann

Rinkside
SP was OK.

But oh my goodness at the FS. Weak choreography, boring performance, generally poor execution. The most difficult triple she executed well (positive GOE) was the 3T. Even managed to throw a few single jumps in there. Impressive work by the reigning world champ.

Last edited:

Riemann

Rinkside
I was very disappointed. Yes, Carolina tried different music and kudos to that but she has no connection with the music; the music seems like an afterthought. Good try with the bigger jumps but truly disappointing for a world champion forget the color or style of her costumes. The music seems like it is just there. She sould be proud she has a world gold and move on perhaps? I know she is loved by so many but show skating could be for her. These jumps are almost equivalent to katarina Witt 25 years ago! although I give credit for the 3 lutz attempt.

Have to agree. Thank goodness Kim is back.

shine

Record Breaker
Have to agree. Thank goodness Kim is back.

If you can call Kostner's LP choreography weak then Kim's is just garbage.

Lack of inbetweens, fine. But not sure how anyone watching the same program as me can say that she has no connection to music. She interpreted the heck out of the music, even if it's not what you like.

Last edited:

guanchi

On the Ice

Lack of inbetweens, fine. But not sure how anyone watching the same program as me can say that she has no connection to music. She interpreted the heck out of the music, even if it's not what you like.

How can you criticize Kim's choreo as garbage, yet enjoy the decayed corpse of a Lori Nichol program skated by a posing zombie who has no sensuality to even begin to interpret bolero?:laugh:

Nadia01

Final Flight

Sorry. Posing and wriggling hips don't count as "connection to music."

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I have to say you can see some people's heavy biases in these posts; let's try to stick with the skating. Before we say this or that is Caro's performance I think saying it is one thing but doing it is another. Have we really see a 3F 3T combo recentliy in competition? I think Kostner will get better as the season goes on but I am not sure she can hold off Kim among others. She doesn't have the jumps but mind you and this is just my opinion if Carolina and Kira are getting huges pcs despite watered down or esier programs then I think Chan logically deserves higher pcs. At least he tries the big tricks and difficult transitiosn and footwork. But we all seem to look at things differently

guanchi

On the Ice
^^ Chan always has big tricks- his quad toe is a thing of beauty. But his footwork and transitions may be so difficult that it often affects his jump consistency. maybe "dumb" it down a bit, his programs would still be more difficult than others.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
The more I watch Bolero, the more I'm liking it. Carolina does it just right. There's no extraneous arm movement, no pulling up her legs for no reason. It was just so beautiful. Her 3Sal at the end of the program was so awesome, it made me sit up and rewatch immediately. This girl is experimenting with all sort of music her entire career. Always have interesting programs. Can't believe Lori Nichol did both programs. Maybe you need the skater to bring out the programs.

jiggs

On the Ice
It was so utterly awesome that a < was put next to it just to indicate how awesome it was.

:rolleye:
It is placed right at the VERY end after an amazing and exhausting 40sec step sequence, which is very risky and which makes it awesome?

treeloving

Medalist
:rolleye:
It is placed right at the VERY end after an amazing and exhausting 40sec step sequence, which is very risky and which makes it awesome?

+1

I really like Kostner' borelo and I think she has such a great interpretation; but now it look a bit like great dance program on ice and the program doesn't look completed, I hope she will add more transition and working with the details for future competition. This program can be another masterpieces, Kostner is the skater that make me appreciate Lori more.

shine

Record Breaker
How can you criticize Kim's choreo as garbage, yet enjoy the decayed corpse of a Lori Nichol program skated by a posing zombie who has no sensuality to even begin to interpret bolero?:laugh:

Just because you use big hyperboles and metaphors it doesn't mean your post makes any sense.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Kostner is my favorite ladies skater currently competing. I think she's wonderful and has been getting Nichol's best and most creative efforts for years (yes, better than when Nichol was working with Chan). And so it is with real regret that I must say that I strongly dislike the Bolero LP. Leaving aside the question of whether it is ever a good idea to skate to music as iconoic as Bolero, I just don't think this is a good program, or one that does justice to Kostner's skills and strengths as a performer. I suspect if a skater of lesser reputation were to skate this same program, it would be criticized by some of the people who are now so positive about it - because it is seriously lacking in content and choreography between many of the elements, with some of the jumps more telegraphed than we've seen from Kostner in years. Also, there was enough dancing and posing in place for me to wonder if this was inspired by some of Florent Amodio's recent efforts.

I am really, really disappointed. Last year's LP was brilliant and it would have been hard to come close to that, but I didn't expect the quality to drop this sharply. I think this might be my least favorite LP that she's done, at least among those that I can remember.

I'll give the SP another chance because the quality of the video I saw was too poor for me to form an opinion.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Kostner is my favorite ladies skater currently competing. I think she's wonderful and has been getting Nichol's best and most creative efforts for years (yes, better than when Nichol was working with Chan). And so it is with real regret that I must say that I strongly dislike the Bolero LP. Leaving aside the question of whether it is ever a good idea to skate to music as iconoic as Bolero, I just don't think this is a good program, or one that does justice to Kostner's skills and strengths as a performer. I suspect if a skater of lesser reputation were to skate this same program, it would be criticized by some of the people who are now so positive about it - because it is seriously lacking in content and choreography between many of the elements, with some of the jumps more telegraphed than we've seen from Kostner in years. Also, there was enough dancing and posing in place for me to wonder if this was inspired by some of Florent Amodio's recent efforts.

I am really, really disappointed. Last year's LP was brilliant and it would have been hard to come close to that, but I didn't expect the quality to drop this sharply. I think this might be my least favorite LP that she's done, at least among those that I can remember.

I'll give the SP another chance because the quality of the video I saw was too poor for me to form an opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I1DFZ4qZP4&feature=youtu.be
Here's the SP with better quality.

I can't believe it's a Lori Nichol program. It's just so different compare to her previous effort.
And I said it every year when Caro debuts her new programs.

guanchi

On the Ice
Just because you use big hyperboles and metaphors it doesn't mean your post makes any sense.

Haha, shoot the messenger because the truth of the message is painfully obvious- Kostner's program is lifeless, but you enjoyed it anyways (and will crap on other's programs just to make yourself feel better). Oh well, good for you...:p

shine

Record Breaker
Haha, shoot the messenger because the truth of the message is painfully obvious- Kostner's program is lifeless, but you enjoyed it anyways (and will crap on other's programs just to make yourself feel better). Oh well, good for you...:p
I'm not sure if you realized that someone else actually mentioned Kim's comeback and referred to her as a "goddess" in a thread that's about Kostner's programs. I took it to mean the person was implying that Kim's programs are better. Did you expect to ignore that?

shine

Record Breaker
Because it is seriously lacking in content and choreography between many of the elements, with some of the jumps more telegraphed than we've seen from Kostner in years. Also, there was enough dancing and posing in place for me to wonder if this was inspired by some of Florent Amodio's recent efforts.

Stylistic preference aside, I don't see how this LP is so much worse than last year's LP content and inbetween-wise. I LOVED her Mozart LP, but it's not like it had that many inbetweens.