Kostner at Golden Spin of Zagreb (vids) | Golden Skate

Kostner at Golden Spin of Zagreb (vids)

Cherryy

On the Ice
Woooow, she tried 3 lutz! I don't especially like her sp but I must admit Bolero suits her very well and it's a nice free program.

On the other hand, she performed only 4 triples, including 2 underrotated, one with a step-out and only one succesfull 3 toe in a combination with 2 toe.

Last edited:

Tanja90

On the Ice
It seems that in the long she goes for seven triples or at least I hope so...it is very challenging and I hope to see it at full potential! It is wonderful however! and the short too.
this is what I love of Carolina, every year she came with different things!

mary01

Final Flight
well i think this was a great comeback 4 triples (even if they weren't all perfect), and all her spins and steps where level 4. I think the music suits her well!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I was very disappointed. Yes, Carolina tried different music and kudos to that but she has no connection with the music; the music seems like an afterthought. Good try with the bigger jumps but truly disappointing for a world champion forget the color or style of her costumes. The music seems like it is just there. She sould be proud she has a world gold and move on perhaps? I know she is loved by so many but show skating could be for her. These jumps are almost equivalent to katarina Witt 25 years ago! although I give credit for the 3 lutz attempt.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Wow, the long program looks good! The jumps still need work, but that will come with time, I think. And it's good to see her attempting the 3Lutz. I like how the program builds strongly at the end.

We are definitely seeing some great long programs this year in the ladies division--with this Bolero, Ashley's Samson & Delilah, Akiko's bird program, and Mao's Swan Lake, we could be in for a treat in the final flight at Worlds. (And I haven't even seen Yuna's Les Miz yet!)

adamanna

Rinkside
I see reminiscences of Maurice Béjart choreography in her FS, that's cute:) I suppose she did qualify for the Worlds?

Taan

On the Ice
I dont like her lp. No transitions and lots of telegraphing. Feels empty And slow. Forgettable bolero.

Get rid of it!!!

her lp last year was magnificent, maybe she should bring it back?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I wonder how her injuries are....thanks for posting these vids....very interesting arena...very steep pitch....I know lots of folks who would have issues going up or down that steep of a pitch to their seats....

Nadia01

Final Flight
This was not the kind of outing I expected from the current WC, esp. her LP. She only had 1 decent triple. I hope she improves by March.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wouldn't say she skated like royalty she is still learning her programs. I give her credit for stretching herself but so far it isn't really working. Yet.