Pity Party for Cleveland FS Fans | Golden Skate

Pity Party for Cleveland FS Fans

JOHIO2

Medalist
OK, it is now after 3:30 AM. Do you know where your network coverage for the US ladies free skate is???????

Now that even the West Coast people have seen the Ladies free skate (maybe even the fans in Hawaii have already seen it by now), I'd like to point out that we fs fans in Cleveland, Ohio have not. I would have loved to see Kween Kwan win her 8th US title LIVE-----LIKE THE REST OF THE EASTERN US, but our local ABC affiliate chose to air the Lou Rawls United Negro College Fund telethon.

(aside to everyone -- I like Lou Rawls. I think the UNCF is a very worthy cause. And I was watching Stevie Wonder on the telethon on the Chicago superstation just a few minutes ago.)

Why is it that the "theys" in power think nothing of postponing fs coverage?? Or even cutting into it for any other reason they choose????

This is my Superbowl!!!!! And I have to wait until Sunday afternoon for a chance to see what the network carried LIVE on the East Coast.

Oh wait, maybe I won't even see it all then. Maybe some Browns player will sprain his ankle in his off-season or King Jame (Lebron -- the Cavs player) will develop a hangnail or a local politician will get nailed for a DUI at 4am and the local airing will be cut.

Please have pity on the fs fans in Cleveland..........

I'd like to say that made feel better, but it doesn't.

Linny

Final Flight
Not just Cleveland had problems

My cable (outside Philadelphia) was so fuzzy that you could bare recognize the skater's faces. During the afternoon when they broadcast the men, I watched it, but during the evening when the woman where on, it got so bad that you could see almost nothing at all.

My sister has DirecTV and recorded it for me. I'll get to see it on Wednesday. In the meantime, I couldn't wait for the results and checked the spoiler.

Which brings me to another point that is still eating at me: during the coverage of the men's final for the Grand Prix, our station broke in to tell us that the terror alert went to Orange. They didn't broadcast that last half of ES's program and completely covered up Plusy's program.

Believe me, my sister and I are talking about the switch... she's explaining why she went to DirecTV and what factors make it successful. I've obviously got two very good reasons already to switch...

Linny

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I think everyone had that Alert Warning. As Joe said, what are we supposed to do, go out and buy duct tape???!!!