Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Galindo, Nichol Named to U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame

News Galindo, Nichol Named to U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame

Three-time U.S. champion Rudy Galindo and choreographer Lori Nichol have been elected to the U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame Class of 2013. The induction will be held in conjunction with the 2013 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championships Jan. 20-27 in Omaha, Neb.

More

Galindo, 43, coaches in San Jose. Among his students is Emma Hedican, the daughter of Yamaguchi and husband Brett Hedican

And in honor of Rudi's induction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lH9mg_ZneA

Custom Title
    Tremendous news! I'm so glad both of these fine contributors to American skating have been recognized.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Kristi Yamaguchi ‏@kristiyamaguchi
    A heartfelt congratulations to Rudy Galindo on the US Hall of Fame! You've touched skating & my life in such an amazing way. #inspiration
    11:55 AM - 17 Dec 12

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    So thrilled for Rudy! I'm smiling from ear to ear.

Custom Title
    Congrats to the inductees, both of whom advanced the sport in a meaningful way.

Medalist
    Very glad for Galindo. I wish he had been inducted last time so his ceremony would have been in San Jose, but such is life.
    Last edited by Riemann; 12-17-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Thrilled for Rudy! Congratulations!

Custom Title
    Thrilled for Rudy. he deserves this. I am puzzled about Lori. I thought to be inducted in the US Hall of fame you had to be american.

I think Lori Nichol was born in the U.S.A. She married a Canadian man and moved to Canada.

Actually, I don't think you have to be an American to be in the U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame. Just someone who made a big contribution to skating in the U.S. British subject John Nicks is in the hall and so is Italian Carlo Fassi.

Custom Title
    Great news. Wish it was last year.

Custom Title
    Surprising how emotional this news made me, especially after hard weekend. Go Rudy! Glad to see Kristi still has her former partners back too

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    Glad to see Kristi still has her former partners back too
    He coaches her daughter now.. I think it's very safe to say they will be friends for a lifetime

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think Lori Nichol was born in the U.S.A. She married a Canadian man and moved to Canada.

Actually, I don't think you have to be an American to be in the U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame. Just someone who made a big contribution to skating in the U.S. British subject John Nicks is in the hall and so is Italian Carlo Fassi.

She has certainly made a contribution to American skating. If she had just been Michelle Kwan's choreographer, she would deserve to be in the U.S. hall of fame. But she's also choreographed for many other Americans, including Evan Lysacek the year he won the OGM. Of course, considering her other contributions, she might also end up in the Canadian hall of fame (for Jamie and David among others) and the Chinese hall of fame (for Shen and Zhao). I wouldn't complain!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    That's an interesting trivia question...has any skater/team/coach/choreographer/whatever been in 2 or more different countries hall of fame?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast