Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Galindo, Nichol Named to U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame

OMG at first I thought, "Maaaaan, Rudy wouldn't get inducted if Lori is up!" then I realized, they CAN induct more than one personelle to the HOF. So HAPPY for both of them!

Congrats to Rudy & Lori! Re: Rudy, I wish it had happened last year in San Jose, but better late than never. I think it's so cool that he coaches Kristi & Brett's daughter Emma.

Custom Title
    OT When did Kristi move to California? I thought she lived in North Carolina.

Bret Hedican had a home in North Carolina when he played for the Carolina Hurricanes (they won the Stanley cup in 2006). I think that was their primary residence while he was there. Besides a house in California, I think they also have, or had, a house in St. Paul, Minnesota, which is Bret's home town.

Trivia: Hedican was once traded (from Vancouver to Florida) in a deal that also involved Brad Ference, Michelle' Kwan's ex-boyfriend.

Congrats to Rudy & Lori!

So pleased for Rudi. One of the nicest guys in figure skating! Congratulations to Rudi & Lori.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    That's an interesting trivia question...has any skater/team/coach/choreographer/whatever been in 2 or more different countries hall of fame?
    I don't think any other country besides the United States has a figure skating hall of fame. (?)

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    ... Of course, considering her other contributions, she might also end up in the Canadian hall of fame (for Jamie and David among others) and the Chinese hall of fame (for Shen and Zhao). I wouldn't complain!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    That's an interesting trivia question...has any skater/team/coach/choreographer/whatever been in 2 or more different countries hall of fame?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I don't think any other country besides the United States has a figure skating hall of fame. (?)
    Can't tell whether everyone/anyone clicked on the link in the OP to the full USFSA press release re Galindo and Nichol:
    It mentions Skate Canada's own selection of Nichol as a new member of its Hall of Fame. Skate Canada made its announcement last month.

The Skate Canada HOF dates back to 1990.
    Last edited by golden411; 12-18-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Custom Title
    Bret Hedican had a home in North Carolina when he played for the Carolina Hurricanes (they won the Stanley cup in 2006). I think that was their primary residence while he was there. Besides a house in California, I think they also have, or had, a house in St. Paul, Minnesota, which is Bret's home town.

Trivia: Hedican was once traded (from Vancouver to Florida) in a deal that also involved Brad Ference, Michelle' Kwan's ex-boyfriend.
    Didn't realize the Hurricanes had won the Stanley Cup. That's some high-achievement household!

Rinkside
    Oh, thank you so much for posting that Long Programme from 1996. It always makes me pink away a tear whenever I watch it, and so it did again. It is so beautiful te watch, and has been one of my favourite programmes for many years now. On the same level as that wonderful SP Winter by Alexei Yagudin in 2002!
    Last edited by Christine; 12-18-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Didn't realize the Hurricanes had won the Stanley Cup. That's some high-achievement household!
    Scroll down for photo with baby in the cup

Custom Title
    congratulations to rudy Galindo and Lori Nichol, well deserviced, and jamie and david for canadian and shen and zhao for chinese. well deserved honor all.

Custom Title
    I'm very happy for Rudi. I still remember the thrilling and poignant US Nats in San Jose when he won the gold medal. Such a hard luck story and wretched childhood. So nice to see someone find something that pulls them out of the mire. Rudi is such a nice guy and this was well-deserved.

I think Lori is fantastic and I, too, wouldn't care how many HOFs she ended up in. They would all be more than earned. Her contribution to skating has been significant on so many levels.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Canada I think, has a Sports Hall of Fame, and skaters are admitted?
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...avid-and-Jamie

Custom Title
    Yes, Kurt has been inducted into something. (If you ask me, he should be inducted into everything!)
    Last edited by Olympia; 12-18-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast