Galindo, Nichol Named to U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Galindo, Nichol Named to U.S. Figure Skating Hall of Fame

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Funny story. In Nov 2008 I was at Pacific Coast Sectionals and Rudy and his student were sitting two bleacher rows ahead of me, so I said to the other fan (next to me) a bit loud, "Boy, I sure wish Rudy would go out there and skate YMCA!" He turned around and gave me a big ole smile....wonderful memory....man it was cold in the Coyote Rink but the other three fans and I had a great time. Got to see Lynn and Logan skate seniors too.
about darn time-galindo 19956 nationals-one of the gret men's comeback skates. loved it then, still do. YMCA was fab u lous! And Lori-finally-MK would have been so much less without Lori's work. Who whooo!

Riemann

Rinkside
about darn time-galindo 19956 nationals-one of the gret men's comeback skates. loved it then, still do. YMCA was fab u lous! And Lori-finally-MK would have been so much less without Lori's work. Who whooo!

That moment was so great. Not only a story of one man triumphing over hardship, but it had a much bigger meaning to the "community" given his openness and the then-recent history of the many losses of beautiful, gay, male skaters to AIDS. And despite his being poz since at least 2000, Galindo is still with us today. A victory in so many ways.

Last edited:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
That moment was so great. Not only a story of one man triumphing over hardship, but it had a much bigger meaning to the "community" given his openness and the then-recent history of the many losses of beautiful, gay, male skaters to AIDS. And despite his being poz since at least 2000, Galindo is still with us today. A victory in so many ways.

It is great to see Rudy happy and healthy living with HIV. That horrible disease wiped out almost an entire generation of gay men, including some of my friends. To have the courage to be public with that and let others know you can still achieve great things with your life while battling a chronic disease is IMO his greatest contribution to this world.