Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread: 2013 Japanese Nationals Men

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itoja View Post
    So why to cast pearls before swines?
    Perfect description of the right attitude to ISU.

On the Ice
    I'm glad some words to imply judges who like hanyu are sadist disappear.Thank you Tonichelle !

Custom Title
    Hmmmm... so the ever probity JSF has become injusticed organization because they has switched their focus from favoring Takahashi into favoring Hanyu. Love it!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 12-29-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Hmmmm... so the ever probity JSF has become injusticed organization because they has switched their focus from favoring Takahashi into favoring Hanyu. Love it!
    That is what is entirely wrong with this sport. Sport organizations are not supposed to favour any skater. They are supposed to be impartial, and judges- independent. I just see if FIFA would start favouring this or that national team, or Premier League- this or that domestic club, what a roar among fans would get to life the same instant. And it's not like football never ever had judges's scandals. It did, but they found the way out due to one simple reason- fans made them do it! But in figure skating fans speak about favouring like a matter of fact, having fun with that by "loving it", even fans of the winner claim it was the federation's arrangement. And then people complain about popularity of this sport. It could be almost funny if it were not that sad. I hope the new 2013 year will bring some soberity in fandom. And people- to the arenas. Oh well, I am a gravy optimist, I know.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    ^^^^

Let's stick to the skating/skaters, not each other.

Custom Title
    I've never said it was right. I have just pointed out the fact that the roar on JSF's favoritism has just broken out after Takahashi was subsided in Japan as the second best.

Japan has been having favoritism all the time, long before Hanyu was on the scene. Last season, Takahashi was clearly the favorite and won the overall competition with the infamous 3 fall in one single program. But the deslike on the favoritism of JSF has hardly come up at that time.

Every federation has its favorite skaters. JSF has never been an exception.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Japan has been having favoritism all the time, long before Hanyu was on the scene. Last season, Takahashi was clearly the favorite and won the overall competition with the infamous 3 fall in one single program. But the deslike on the favoritism of JSF has hardly come up at that time.

Every federation has its favorite skaters. JSF has never been an exception.
    And who should have won the Nationals last season? Hanayu lost 22 points to Dai in SP, which is a huge gap to cover. Kozuka lost 11 points, which is not that small either, but still possible to "catch". He failed to do that so Dai won overall. Repeating lies won't make them true.
    Favoritism is unaceptable a priori. When it comes to shameful judging, then the concept of chanflation and hanyuflation shows up. JSF had the worst event this season with NHK (thanks to Ladies) getting quite close. Both events were in Japan, where JSF will be beating SC controversy in fs world quite soon. While Russian Nationals is probably the only official event this season that didn't arise any questions regarding medalists in all segments. The later issue with the 3rd spot for Euros in Men only proved it. The diference between 3rd-5th place was quite small. So, if judges were under the influence of federation's favoritism, they would fix the score "right". They didn't. So, the statement about every federation has favourites has no merit either.

I think we need to remember that a lot of this discussion still comes down to everyone posting an opinion. I think that's where folks are getting confused/angry/offended. It's ok to put "IMO" after your statements once in a while.

And, beating the same horse to death over and over just to have the last say and come out looking the victor gets old for the rest of us. Everyone's said their bit, let's move on in the discussion or to the next competition.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22