24 木村真人 Masato Kimura 42.66 2A 3S-2Lo 3T
--------------------------------------------
25 則松亮 Ryo Norimatsu 38.22
26 江口涼一 Ryoichi Eguchi 38.10
27 近藤眞樹 Masaki Kondo 37.40
28 堀之内雄基 Yuki Horinouchi WD

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Wow, Yuzuru...97.68 ! How can anyone ever beat that?

Unless Yuzuru bombs totally in the long his reign for the next years will begin now.

He had a meltdown of epic proportions at Skate America this season but I don't expect it to happen again. He is 10 points in front of Daisuke :eek:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Yes, I know. You just never know with Yuzuru. I'm so conflicted, I really like him, but the fact that he is dominating everything like this will only mean the chances for Daisuke are dimishing by the minute. Daisukes only hope is that Yuzuru makes mistakes. It feels awful that you cannot win, even if you've done well.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
I dunno, a clean Dai can definitely come close. I think Dai UR'd the quad + shaky landing, plus I think I heard the commentator say something about an edge call.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Yes, I know. You just never know with Yuzuru. I'm so conflicted, I really like him, but the fact that he is dominating everything like this will only mean the chances for Daisuke are dimishing by the minute. Daisukes only hope is that Yuzuru makes mistakes. It feels awful that you cannot win, even if you've done well.

I read that Daisuke's 4T was UR and he received an edge call to his 3Lz. He still won on PCS

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
The fight for the bronze is really close, too. Kozuka and Mura are close! Imagine Mura beating Kozuka tomorrow :eek: It's really no fun being a male skater in Japan in this age. You would easily dominate the field in any other country and here you have to be happy if you're sent to worlds.

You guys misunderstood what I was trying to say. I didn't think Daisuke skated perfect. But even if he does, it is still hard to beat Yuzuru and Daisuke often has little mistakes. It just seems so hard to beat Yuzuru.

Last edited:

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Little scared for Dai, he's less than 4 points ahead of Kozuka and Mura... Kozuka in 4th would be :eek: but I really like Mura too...

:bang:

ETA: I know, I was just saying that if Dai had skated clean, he probably would've come pretty close. I get your point about Yuzu being hard to beat though, but what are you going to do when a guy skates perfect shorts 3/4 times since the start of the GP season. Yuzu is a monster, when he hits his elements they're worth + massive GOE, and he's generally been hitting his elements. I think this isn't a situation where Dai looks at his marks and doesn't know what's going wrong. It's pretty clear what he needs to do, it's just hard - he needs to a) skate completely clean b) make sure the quality is there too.

Last edited:

merleice

Rinkside
Wow Yuzuru!! Kozuka will probably still get the 3rd spot even if he somehow finishes in 4th behind Mura. Besides performance at Nationals, Japan's selection of its Worlds/Olympics team takes into account GPF ranking and World ranking. Kozuka already has the advantage on the other 2 factors

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Hanyu, what a monster score! Dai and Kozuka were wonderful too. Loved the top three!!!!!

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I think the caller was a bit strict with his 4T
Even Nationals became holy cooked. Shameful sport. Those jugdes and J-Fed's officials must be fancily dumb if they think that a cooked champion will be accepted by public. Look at areans in NA. Japan will ge the same stuff in the future. Maybe then all those CoP manipulators will finally relize who provided a job for them. But it will be too late for the sport in general.

There is no UR on his quad. I actually think that if some jump should get UR, then it's more likely the case with his 3A rather than the quad. Yuzu obviously got Hanyuflated GOE a la Yuna even if his jumps are no way better than Mura's. They are actually worse in quality, but I don't see these GOEs for Mura. :laugh: Waiting for the protocols. :popcorn:

phaeljones

On the Ice
I just noticed that Dai's yellow jacket matches his fans' banners!!! That's ingenious.

Hanyu's SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJw2kqoaw_Q

Such a beautiful skate!!!!! No inflation in the scoring. That kid has it!

Turning up the volume you can hear Orser telling Yuzuru to enjoy the next couple of hours but then TOMORROW (as in, focus on what is coming next).

I can't help but notice how Yuzuru has transformed Orser (he looks a lot happier and has more personality in public) as Orser has also transformed Yuzuru. Beautiful to see this work out so well.

NMURA

Medalist
FS starting order
(Saturday 17:50)

1 木村真人 Masato Kimura
2 小沼祐太 Yuta Onuma
3 松村成 Jo Matsumura
4 山田耕新 Koshin Yamada
5 川原星 Sei Kawahara
6 服部瑛貴 Eiki Hattori

7 本田太一 Taichi Honda
8 吉田行宏 Yukihiro Yoshida
9 郡山智之 Tomoyuki Koriyama
10 坪井遥司 Yoji Tsuboi
11 野添紘介 Kosuke Nozoe
12 磯崎大介 Daisuke Isozaki

13 宇野昌磨 Shoma Uno
14 木原龍一 Ryuichi Kihara
15 町田樹 Tatsuki Machida
16 田中刑事 Keiji Tanaka
17 日野龍樹 Ryuju Hino
18 佐々木彰生 Akio Sasaki

19 高橋大輔 Daisuke Takahashi
20 中村健人 Kento Nakamura
21 織田信成 Nobunari Oda
22 無良崇人 Takahito Mura
23 小塚崇彦 Takahiko Kozuka
24 羽生結弦 Yuzuru Hanyu

Hanyu's win is pretty much set.

herios

Medalist
FS starting order
(Saturday 17:50)

1 木村真人 Masato Kimura
2 小沼祐太 Yuta Onuma
3 松村成 Jo Matsumura
4 山田耕新 Koshin Yamada
5 川原星 Sei Kawahara
6 服部瑛貴 Eiki Hattori

7 本田太一 Taichi Honda
8 吉田行宏 Yukihiro Yoshida
9 郡山智之 Tomoyuki Koriyama
10 坪井遥司 Yoji Tsuboi
11 野添紘介 Kosuke Nozoe
12 磯崎大介 Daisuke Isozaki

13 宇野昌磨 Shoma Uno
14 木原龍一 Ryuichi Kihara
15 町田樹 Tatsuki Machida
16 田中刑事 Keiji Tanaka
17 日野龍樹 Ryuju Hino
18 佐々木彰生 Akio Sasaki

19 高橋大輔 Daisuke Takahashi
20 中村健人 Kento Nakamura
21 織田信成 Nobunari Oda
22 無良崇人 Takahito Mura
23 小塚崇彦 Takahiko Kozuka
24 羽生結弦 Yuzuru Hanyu

Hanyu's win is pretty much set.

I don't think his win is "set". Yuzuru has never managed a clean LP and artistically that program is actually less valuable as far as I am concerned than his SP.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Glad Dai is skating first in his Group. Less time for nerves, he can sit back and relax and see what unfolds. GO Dai!!!

NMURA

Medalist
Hanyu's 88+ points TES with very imperfect FS at NHK is higher than Takahashi has ever scored in past 4 years. Takahashi needs his best performance + judges' full supports to attain that level. I simply don't expect that they are going to give that. If Takahashi skates like at GPF, the score will be less than 170. He can't get away with underrotated "quads".

Last edited: