2013 Japanese Nationals Men | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2013 Japanese Nationals Men

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Wow at the gap between Yuzuru&Dai and the rest of the field. And Machida really went south.

I kind of think that maybe such a tight competition is the best thing that could happen to Daisuke in preperation for the next season. He knows he must be perfect. Lots of pressure. But maybe it's for the best.

He is now on Fuji.

merleice

Rinkside
Congrats Yuzuru!! So happy for him! :) happy to hear that Dai skated a phenomenal FS, can't wait to see both performances. I feel sad for Kozuka, it seemed like he had a bad skate, and I really love his FS this year :cry:

Nadia01

Final Flight
Dai was GREAT. Too bad his free is not a flirty program; else all the ladies at the rink would've swooned.

He got -1 deduction. I *think* it's for some piece of cloth falling off his custom at the very end (during his final spin) b/c there was no fall and I don't think he went over the alloted time.

Last edited:

yude

Record Breaker
I've just watched Daisuke's performance...-1 deduction = falling of a part of his costume :cry:
The first 4T was wonderful!!

Nadia01

Final Flight
Wow at the gap between Yuzuru&Dai and the rest of the field. And Machida really went south.

I kind of think that maybe such a tight competition is the best thing that could happen to Daisuke in preperation for the next season. He knows he must be perfect. Lots of pressure. But maybe it's for the best.

He is now on Fuji.

Machida was not at all good. He also looked like he was laboring to execute his elements / jumps. Though he tried really hard to sell his program, it just wasn't enough.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Daisuke looked so happy, after his free skate. Absolutely ecstatic. :cry: I hope he can still be happy. And Yuzuru has nerves of steel, I guess. Can't wait to watch his Free.

That deduction is a bit ridiculous. But it didn't change a thing in the end game, so I'll let it slide. :disapp:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Daisuke looked so happy, after his free skate. Absolutely ecstatic. :cry: I hope he can still be happy. And Yuzuru has nerves of steel, I guess. Can't wait to watch his Free.

On the bright side, he is the champion of the fans :biggrin:
Dark will be the day when he retires.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Yeah, they just fixed it. But I liked Nobu in 3...

Mura is a great skater too, but I'm pretty suprised he beat Kozuka. Now it's going to be interesting who will make the world team.

I'm pretty sure they're going to send their top 3 to the worlds... unless there's some other secret / hidden criteria I'm not aware of. Kozuka is not being pushed by the federation to be their top skaters. Those spots belong to Hanyu and Dai.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
This performance should be great for Dai's confidence, to prove to himself that he can land both quads and skate a clean free :) Did he only do a 2T at the end of the 2nd 4T though? feed is choppy... couldn't really tell.

I saw the black piece of cloth fall at the end and wondered about that; unfortunate :no:

Nadia01

Final Flight
This performance should be great for Dai's confidence, to prove to himself that he can land both quads and skate a clean free :) Did he only do a 2T at the end of the 2nd 4T though? feed is choppy... couldn't really tell.

I saw the black piece of cloth fall at the end and wondered about that; unfortunate :no:

Yes on his combo. He did 4T/2T. The landing on the 4T wasn't as clean as it needed to be to add 3T, but it was a good save to add the double.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Nakamura is tears after his score's announced. I think he's just overcome at the good score. He looked very happy after his program.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I wish they could all go to Worlds. But then Worlds would be another Japanese Nationals, which doesn't really make sense, hehe. :laugh:

Nadia01

Final Flight
Too bad for Oda, but he had too many errors. He didn't look that invested in his program, but then it's hard to be when you made so many errors with Mura, Kozuka & Hanyu left to go.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Machida was not at all good. He also looked like he was laboring to execute his elements / jumps. Though he tried really hard to sell his program, it just wasn't enough.

Machida looked like he gave up at the end, from what i saw he finished way earlier than his music and didn't even do the energetic wing-flapping move to close out his program. :cry:

No idea what they're going to do for Worlds... This is like the toughest situation that could've happened for them. Mura is arguably the least successful of the 6 men in contention and therefore risky to send, but Kozuka wasn't even 4th, he was 5th: they'd have to skip over Oda to send him :think:

Nadia01

Final Flight
Machida looked like he gave up at the end, from what i saw he finished way earlier than his music and didn't even do the energetic wing-flapping move to close out his program. :cry:

No idea what they're going to do for Worlds... This is like the toughest situation that could've happened for them. Mura is arguably the least successful of the 6 men in contention and therefore risky to send, but Kozuka wasn't even 4th, he was 5th: they'd have to skip over Oda to send him :think:

There's no way Machida's going to 4CC or WC. He did too poorly here. I missed the beginning of Machida's program, but when I started watching him, he was trying so hard, but after some errors, he sort of lost steam.

I don't think the federation can justify sending Kozuka over Oda, and I don't think they want to send Oda to WC either. Which means they're more likely to send Mura. He did manage to survive the pressure of the Nats, which is brutal for Japanese men.