2013 Japanese Nationals Men | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2013 Japanese Nationals Men

pitterpatter

On the Ice
This is heartbreaking to watch... :cry: Kozuka

ETA: I'd be happy for Mura if he went, I love his free program this year and prefer him to Machida

Nadia01

Final Flight
Hanyu was surprisingly good, tho his first 2 jump passes ... :sigh:

Still not as good as Dai's.

jlsleeper

Spectator
If only 4CC weren't in Japan :bang: then they could send those three. But they probably want their stars there

Oh, I completely forgot it's in Japan. Well, at this rate, a skate-off might actually be a more exciting battle than having Dai or Yuzuru there, since they're likely to go 1-2 anyway. But that's probably just me...:p

Nadia01

Final Flight
Medal ceremony. Dai looks happy enough. Mura looks a bit like, "OMG...! Now that I'm on the podium, what do I do here?"

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yuzu: :clap: Finally where he deserves to be!
Dai: I'm happy that he skated cleanily, 97 was obviously too much, but maybe watching it skated cleanily I will begin to like this program...
Mura: this is the real surprise, we knew that this was going to be an incredible fight, but Kozuka was surely expected to be on the podium!

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Oh, I completely forgot it's in Japan. Well, at this rate, a skate-off might actually be a more exciting battle than having Dai or Yuzuru there, since they're likely to go 1-2 anyway. But that's probably just me...:p

I wouldn't count out Patrick, I think he's still the one to beat at World's this year, but its gonna be a nail-biter!
Big congrats to the medalists, that's the best both Dai and Yuzuru have skated all season, although the scoring was a bit crazy.

merleice

Rinkside

Even if it isn't in Japan the usual practice is to send their 1st, 2nd and 4th finishers to 4CC. Though I agree it might be more exciting to see a skate-off between Oda, Kozuka and Mura. Sigh I would love to see Kozuka get another assignment and hopefully end this season on a high. He started so well at SA :cry:

NMURA

Medalist
I think Hanyu, Takahashi and Oda for 4CC. Oda is an Osakan. Both Oda and Takahashi are Kansai University students in Osaka. But another battle with Hanyu could be a burden for Takahashi. In that case, Kozuka may have a chance.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I wouldn't count out Patrick, I think he's still the one to beat at World's this year, but its gonna be a nail-biter!
Big congrats to the medalists, that's the best both Dai and Yuzuru have skated all season, although the scoring was a bit out of whack (187 and 192... :scratch:)

Yes, they are inflated a bit, but 192 doesn't seem that much when you think Dai landed 2 quads, 2 3axels and another 5 triples: 3S,3Loop,3Lz,3T and 3F. The World record is 187, and that skated with a solo 3A, badly landed

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Yes, but Dai doubled out his 3T into a 2T on his sketchily landed second 4T. Also, if you consider how he and Patrick scored 90 in PCS at GPF, 96 here is really a bit of a stretch.
Anyway, it's not that big of a deal since its Nationals; a bit of inflation isn't surprising.

Icey

Record Breaker
Maybe you can't count Chan out, but he certainly has his work cut out for him.

So if a judge sees a sequin pop off a costume (as happens, esp with the ladies) , there is a deduction? Crazy. lmao

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Yes, but Dai doubled out his 3T into a 2T on his sketchily landed second 4T. Also, if you consider how he and Patrick scored 90 in PCS at GPF, 96 here is really a bit of a stretch.
Anyway, it's not that big of a deal since its Nationals; a bit of inflation isn't surprising.

And then he changed his planned 3Lz-2T into a 3Lz-3T.
Like I've said, the scores are inflated but not by that much IMO. And I also think Patrick is still the one to beat as neither Dai or Yuzuru showed they are consistent enough to lock the gold medal at worlds. But you have to admit both Yuzuru and Dai closed the gap and Patrick won't afford to make the same mistakes he did in France

yude

Record Breaker
Congratulations to all the medalists!!!
Now I am exhausted cause it was too exciting to watch...!!

NMURA

Medalist
Hanyu 187.55 (TES 97.85)
4T stepout 4S rough landing 3F 3A-3T 3A-2T 3Lo 3Lz-2T-2T 3Lz

Takahashi 192.36 (TES 97.36) -1.0
4T 4T<-2T 3A 3A-2T-2Lo 3S 3Lo 3Lz-3T 3F

Mura 158.22 (TES 74.72)
4T hand? 3Lz-3T 3A 3Lo 1A 3S 3Lz 3F

Oda 159.81 (TES 77.31) -1.0
4T 3A hands 3A fall 3Lz-3T 3F-2T 3Lo stepout 3S 3F

Kozuka 143.98 (TES 61.58) -2.0
4T< fall 3T-2T 3A 3A nocombo 3F 3Lo 3Lz-3T fall 1S

Nakamura 150.10 (TES 74.60) -1.0
3T 3A fall 3F 3Lz 3A-2T 3S-2T-2T 3Lz-2T 3Lo

Tanaka 145.98 (TES 72.78)
3A 3A-1T 3F-3T 3Lo 3F 3Lz 3S-2T-2Lo 2A

Machida 137.69 (TES 60.39) -1.0
3A turn 3F 3Lz-3T 3A fall 3Lo turn 3Lz 2A stepout 3S

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Dai's second quad was marked "<"?? That is why he lost? He was penalized twice for mistakes he didn't made, it's unfair