Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Japanese Nationals Men

Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    This performance should be great for Dai's confidence, to prove to himself that he can land both quads and skate a clean free Did he only do a 2T at the end of the 2nd 4T though? feed is choppy... couldn't really tell.

I saw the black piece of cloth fall at the end and wondered about that; unfortunate
    Yes on his combo. He did 4T/2T. The landing on the 4T wasn't as clean as it needed to be to add 3T, but it was a good save to add the double.

Nakamura is tears after his score's announced. I think he's just overcome at the good score. He looked very happy after his program.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I wish they could all go to Worlds. But then Worlds would be another Japanese Nationals, which doesn't really make sense, hehe.

Too bad for Oda, but he had too many errors. He didn't look that invested in his program, but then it's hard to be when you made so many errors with Mura, Kozuka & Hanyu left to go.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Machida was not at all good. He also looked like he was laboring to execute his elements / jumps. Though he tried really hard to sell his program, it just wasn't enough.
    Machida looked like he gave up at the end, from what i saw he finished way earlier than his music and didn't even do the energetic wing-flapping move to close out his program.

No idea what they're going to do for Worlds... This is like the toughest situation that could've happened for them. Mura is arguably the least successful of the 6 men in contention and therefore risky to send, but Kozuka wasn't even 4th, he was 5th: they'd have to skip over Oda to send him

Wow, Mura did much better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    Machida looked like he gave up at the end, from what i saw he finished way earlier than his music and didn't even do the energetic wing-flapping move to close out his program.

No idea what they're going to do for Worlds... This is like the toughest situation that could've happened for them. Mura is arguably the least successful of the 6 men in contention and therefore risky to send, but Kozuka wasn't even 4th, he was 5th: they'd have to skip over Oda to send him
    There's no way Machida's going to 4CC or WC. He did too poorly here. I missed the beginning of Machida's program, but when I started watching him, he was trying so hard, but after some errors, he sort of lost steam.

I don't think the federation can justify sending Kozuka over Oda, and I don't think they want to send Oda to WC either. Which means they're more likely to send Mura. He did manage to survive the pressure of the Nats, which is brutal for Japanese men.

Rinkside
    Maybe they can send Mura, Oda and Kozuka to 4CC for a skate-off.

Custom Title
    Mura was crying in the interview...great job, Mura!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yude View Post
    Mura was crying in the interview...great job, Mura!!
    Aww, now I really want him to go to worlds. He's earned it

Custom Title
    This is heartbreaking to watch... Kozuka

ETA: I'd be happy for Mura if he went, I love his free program this year and prefer him to Machida

Omg...Kozuka...he botched almost every jump...except for 3F

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jlsleeper View Post
    Maybe they can send Mura, Oda and Kozuka to 4CC for a skate-off.
    If only 4CC weren't in Japan then they could send those three. But they probably want their stars there

Hanyu was surprisingly good, tho his first 2 jump passes ... :sigh:

Still not as good as Dai's.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast