2013 Japanese Nationals Men | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2013 Japanese Nationals Men

let`s talk

Match Penalty
when did Yuzu's mother say this exactly?
Where did I say that she said it? I said what is known for everyone else- she went to GPF to Sochi with him. After NHK they found a bunch of excuses for him to stay in Japan and not going back to Canada. Even Stars on Ice in January in Japan came out handy. While he skipped FaOI in Nagaoka in summer due to similar reasons- injury, not feeling well, too far to travel within two weeks after Fukui, etc.
Dai and Kozuka both train in Japan, so the situation's far different for this year's 4CC.
Oh, please, a bunch of skaters are in similar situations. And yet they compete.
Fake London? :rolleye: You have just reached a completely new level and this ain't a compliment.
I am sure that fans of poorly-tasted lousy jeans will likely disagree with you. No, dear. Lame trolling I observe here. In my post it was "a fake London", not "Fake London", which is absolutely not the same.

merleice

Rinkside
Sportsnavi ( http://m.live.sports.yahoo.co.jp/channel/text/winter/1460 , link might be a little wonky as I'm accessing the Internet on my mobile phone)reported that Yuzuru said after the FS that he hoped to show a different Yuzuru Hanyu at Worlds and 4CC. He intends to go to 4CC, the JSF has tended to use 4CC as a run-up to Worlds, I don't see the JSF stopping him because of travelling time.

Kalina

On the Ice
Well, his mother often goes with him to competitions. She did it last year too. Last summer she was seen in shows too. I don't see the point.
Besides that, I don't understand why anybody should take your words about his health seriously, considering they're just assumptions.

Last edited:

Icey

Record Breaker
Hanyu's politness and beautiful manners are very appealing. According to Orser, his mother is very quiet and does her own thing.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Part of my thoughts after watching Mens Free tonight:
-Very happy for Akio, Kento, and Mura
-Very sad for Nobu, Takahiko and Tatsuki

As for the rest of the skaters...it probably will take days, or even a month for me to 'make peace' with my very mixed feeling that I have right now. idk if this makes a sense to any of you, cause suitable English words just do not come to my mind...

But I can tell one thing: There is no other skaters like Daisuke Takahashi for me and there never will be.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Well, his mother often goes with him to competitions. She did it last year too. Last summer she was seen in shows too. I don't see the point.
Besides that, I don't understand why anybody should take your words about his health seriously, considering they're just assumptions.
How do you know ? She didn't travel with him when he was in Russia last season. Do you know smth else that no one else knows? Ice shows are mostly in Japan, where it's easy to travel by a bullet train. As for his health- they are not my assumption. His health conditiosn were reported by media, I am sure you know that. And judging by the comments on GS during this seasons, they were quite obviously seen by numerous posters. Play fair, dear.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
So sad for Kozuka. I hope the injury isn't serious, so that he can come back strong next year and go to Sochi.

Fake London? :rolleye: You have just reached a completely new level and this ain't a compliment.
Oh, for crying out loud - do you view everything is some sort of anti-Canadian agenda? While I agree that let`s talk says a lot of :eek: things, skating fans, including Canadian ones, have been using that joke online for months if not more - when was the location for 2013 Worlds announced?

merleice

Rinkside
The Russian fans behind Yuzuru's fanpage on livejournal commented that his mother was with him at CoR last season and that she was a lovely lady. I thought he stayed in Japan after NHK as he had exams, and it has also been reported that his mother is with him in Canada, she can take care of him either in Canada or Japan

let`s talk

Match Penalty
The Russian fans behind Yuzuru's fanpage on livejournal commented that his mother was with him at CoR last season and that she was a lovely lady. I thought he stayed in Japan after NHK as he had exams, and it has also been reported that his mother is with him in Canada, she can take care of him either in Canada or Japan
Who reported and exactly where? There is some Russian journalist, who is widely translate on FSU and GS, and who reported in media that Dai's biological parents dumped him when he was a kid and he was adopted by a rich childless couple. Should I believe that too? I am sure that Yuzu's mother is a very lovely lady. As for his exams- they are held every 3-4- months in J-high schools, depends on the school. What exams exactly made him stay in Japan over N.Y? Oh, please. He took just some extra private time, due to the reasons... maybe you'll tell us. :laugh:

giulia95

Medalist
After NHK they found a bunch of excuses for him to stay in Japan and not going back to Canada. Even Stars on Ice in January in Japan came out handy. While he skipped FaOI in Nagaoka in summer due to similar reasons- injury, not feeling well, too far to travel within two weeks after Fukui, etc.

May be this is the reason why he was cancelled from the italian ice Show on December 29…

Despite nerves of steel , the main issue remains always the same, Yuzu looks not healthy, like at FT and SA and this is a very unsafe situation …

merleice

Rinkside
Who reported and exactly where? There is some Russian journalist, who is widely translate on FSU and GS, and who reported in media that Dai's biological parents dumped him when he was a kid and he was adopted by a rich childless couple. Should I believe that too? I am sure that Yuzu's mother is a very lovely lady. As for his exams- they are held every 3-4- months in J-high schools, depends on the school. What exams exactly made him stay in Japan over N.Y? Oh, please. He took just some extra private time, due to the reasons... maybe you'll tell us. :laugh:
On his mother staying with him in Canada, as requested: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20121209-00000021-spnannex-spo
I cannot find the reference that he stayed in Japan between the end of NHK Trophy and GPF for final exams, but if he has other reasons to stay longer in Japan, so be it. I don't see the need to speculate on the possible reasons.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Just watched Hanyu and Daisuke.... OMGosh.. so many mixed emotions about two of my fav men's skaters. (Patrick and Jeremy being the other... yeah I am very greedy and have no loyalty :laugh:)

Daisuke's FS... regardless of my criticism of the choreography, that guy IS a bonafide skating God!! This is undoubtedly the best Men's best FS I have seen or experienced all season. I practically had a weird existential experience overall watching Dai on this occasion like no other. I don't know about others, but during the step sequences, I suddenly became overwhelmed with an heartache that completely shook and surprised the heck out of me. After the rest of my logical senses caught up, I figured this is why Dai is the greatest most watchable male performer! He has the soul of the true artist. They can do that with the slightest touch when they are at ease with themselves and not seem to try so hard.

Last year, he took a rudimentary and repetitive piece of music to show case his expressions, versatility and commanding presence. This year he picked Morozov and did something on the surface of it feels quite generic and streamlined. Unlike others who have consistently pick music that complement them and hide their weaknesses, Dai seems deliberately handicap himself to challenge how much further he can push beyond one self. He absolutely got the music, the essence of music, the artistry of skating and did a masterclass of making the better than what is on the paper. Just a stunning skater, wonderful performer, a class of his own. Thank you for exist Daisuke Takahashi. If it is up to me, You should have got the Gold today based on what I saw today, which can not be measured by COP, its maths can not do it justice.

Hanyu, so proud of him. It is nice to see how this kid I rooted for so hard from the very beginning really fought through everything and earned his metal and even crowned dare I say it Japan's new #1? :think: He went through tremendous journey last year and this year is his reward. Yes he look a bit ill and pale, but fought through it. I do worry about him, he looks almost as thin at Mao at one point I wonder if it is to do with the costumes. I am not a fan of this FS, but can see its potentials if Hanyu is energetic and emotionally invested enough to carry the highlights. Unfortunately to say, I didn't feel it today. The energy seems sapped out of him, very different from his SP, yet he really did fantastic well and shows that little Samurai spirit in him who were not bothered by the botch up opening quads. It is great to see a guy deals with pressure well, and how he set the mark at his SP really reminded me of his predecessor at Orser camp, even the way he crossed himself before he skates and how he overwhelm the rink with his gusto / psyching himself up posture the moment step on the ice.

World is going to be really really exciting! Come on Patrick!!!! It is your turn!! And of course Jeremy... but seriously the competitive level is so high and unpredictable this year, it could really goes every which way.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

fairly4

Medalist
congratulations Yuzuru for winning the Japanese Nationals, and Daiskue for coming in 2nd and winning the free.
great job all .

looks like shaping up to be a tought competition in the mens division for worlds. hope the u.s. men are up to the challenge.

good luck, to all

phaeljones

On the Ice
May be this is the reason why he was cancelled from the italian ice Show on December 29…

Despite nerves of steel , the main issue remains always the same, Yuzu looks not healthy, like at FT and SA and this is a very unsafe situation …

I thought that he seemed to start to have breathing problems about 1/3 in to his fs program. It was reported that he came down with flu (some "bug") so as not to be able to participate in the gala for the GPF. (I don't know what to believe except that, truly, his color and stamina during the fs here looked off.) If he did have the flu, it might explain his not looking a very healthy hue at Japan Nationals, I suppose.

One aspect of his skating that really impressed me in both Hanyu's sp and fs was that his fluidity seems to be extraordinarily better. He is moving from component to component more smoothly. I thought that it was also impressive that he held his own despite the problems with the two jumps (which were not that big except when one is comparing him to Dai's skate of the same day). The skate wholistically really was amazing. His fs is not one that is easy to skate nor is it as nice to watch perhaps as is Dai's program (IMO), but it is fantastic how great he has made it. This kid is really the firecracker that has shaken up the whole sport and raised the achievement bar for everyone.

Dai's skate in the fs was spectacular. To be truthful, he has been under-rotating his jumps for a long time (so the point deduction was a long time coming), and really . . . perhaps we should just say "so what". Aestethically, the skate was beautiful. He still won the free skate and with Yuzuru's short (not overscored) it was impossible to catch Yuzuru anyway.

The million dollar question is whether Patrick Chan is improving or imploding. We know that Dai and Yuzuru are improving.

lavender

Record Breaker
Congrats.....:sarcasm: I don't know...Hanyu winning with that short again. I don't know why I'm not in love with it.

Becki

Medalist
so proud of Yuzuru!!! He fought till the very end - I am sure there was a lot of pressure on him to perform two clean programs. The sigh of relief when he heard his marks was precious :)

Btw, I don't know why Yuzuru's mother was brought into this discussion. But I find that extremely disrespectful.

MasterB

Final Flight
To hell with gold medals that has got to be the best Silver Medal winning performance of all time (Paul Wylie being the other). Five hours later and I am still on a high.