Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Japanese Nationals Men

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    The Daisuke FS was a charmingly brutal stuff towards all the skaters who had to skate after him. None of them could collect their nerves and power. The overheating audence full of D1SK support left no doubts who they really wanted to win. I admire their feeling of the skater's needs when they 'switched off' their noise to let him concentrate on elements and explode it when it was comfortable for the skater. His expression of music and respect to the paiyng customers made the people once again feel happy for the moment that they were there. Dai's FS was fashionable art flow worthy of the Royal Grand Opera&Ballet House with all its luxury and sophistication. I am waiting for the protocols to see where exactly the shameful judges found the trick to give him the same TES as they gave to Hanyu for his skating of a sick kid with no clean quads and spins with a hunchback material. The 5 points difference in PCS was a too lame move.
    I too thought that the 5-point difference was all too small considering the two skates as total packaging of artistry. In between elements Hanyu is simply not interesting, let alone artistic, and his skate as a whole fails to convey whatever point he may read into the music. Dai on the other hand was revealing truth about Pagliacci (I know this opera very well) and I actually forgot his jumps while watching his skate because it was a whole piece of artwork. Franca Bianconi, at GPF, was complaining that Dai's FP this season hasn't enough transitions compared to last season's, and she may be right in terms of technical analysis BUT Pagliacci is a verismo opera - it doesn't call for complicated ornamentation in the singers, hence it is understandable that Dai's choreographer didn't include too many ornamentals. In Dai's JP FP the narrator was saying that Shae-Lynn Bourne had told Dai "you don't have to skate beautifully; be intense and even ugly if you need, to show emotion."

I'm no skater but what's the big deal in having Yuzu go back to Canada to train, to Japan to compete and back to Canada to train and compete? 4CC isn't until early Feb and Worlds a month later. He's young and used to travelling. Jetlag will not be a problem with such extensive rest time. Don't underestimate him just because he's a precious kid or whatever.

I still can't truly be happy for Mura, though I agree he's earned his podium spot. He brought tonight and good for him. Kozuka has generally performed better thus far in the season and I really hope he's sent to 4CC at least. Seriously, who wants to start a petition for Japan to have more spots?
    Last edited by starryxskies; 12-22-2012 at 11:06 AM.

This article said Kozuka injured his right instep just a week before Nats.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...004833740.html

Custom Title
    Ha-ha. Basically, you are saying that making a trip to 4CC for a little kid is kind of a burden. But he is a Japanese champion now! When was it when Dai or Kozuka refused to go to 4CC just because it was too tough for them? And then the similar people critisize Plu for not showing up in a fake London, even if unlike in Hanyu case, Plu has actually a real reason for doing that.
    Fake London? You have just reached a completely new level and this ain't a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory View Post
    This article said Kozuka injured his right instep just a week before Nats.

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/new...004833740.html
    Oh no.... That really explains his too many jump errors. It was very shocking to see him skate so poorly.

Custom Title
    Not a surprise that now his mother doesn't want him to go anywhere without her.
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    when did Yuzu's mother say this exactly?
    I also want to know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post
    when did Yuzu's mother say this exactly?
    Where did I say that she said it? I said what is known for everyone else- she went to GPF to Sochi with him. After NHK they found a bunch of excuses for him to stay in Japan and not going back to Canada. Even Stars on Ice in January in Japan came out handy. While he skipped FaOI in Nagaoka in summer due to similar reasons- injury, not feeling well, too far to travel within two weeks after Fukui, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Dai and Kozuka both train in Japan, so the situation's far different for this year's 4CC.
    Oh, please, a bunch of skaters are in similar situations. And yet they compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Fake London? You have just reached a completely new level and this ain't a compliment.
    I am sure that fans of poorly-tasted lousy jeans will likely disagree with you. No, dear. Lame trolling I observe here. In my post it was "a fake London", not "Fake London", which is absolutely not the same.

Rinkside
    Sportsnavi ( http://m.live.sports.yahoo.co.jp/cha...xt/winter/1460 , link might be a little wonky as I'm accessing the Internet on my mobile phone)reported that Yuzuru said after the FS that he hoped to show a different Yuzuru Hanyu at Worlds and 4CC. He intends to go to 4CC, the JSF has tended to use 4CC as a run-up to Worlds, I don't see the JSF stopping him because of travelling time.

Custom Title
    Well, his mother often goes with him to competitions. She did it last year too. Last summer she was seen in shows too. I don't see the point.
    Besides that, I don't understand why anybody should take your words about his health seriously, considering they're just assumptions.
    Last edited by Kalina; 12-22-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Custom Title
    Hanyu's politness and beautiful manners are very appealing. According to Orser, his mother is very quiet and does her own thing.

Custom Title
    Part of my thoughts after watching Mens Free tonight:
    -Very happy for Akio, Kento, and Mura
    -Very sad for Nobu, Takahiko and Tatsuki

As for the rest of the skaters...it probably will take days, or even a month for me to 'make peace' with my very mixed feeling that I have right now. idk if this makes a sense to any of you, cause suitable English words just do not come to my mind...

But I can tell one thing: There is no other skaters like Daisuke Takahashi for me and there never will be.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    Well, his mother often goes with him to competitions. She did it last year too. Last summer she was seen in shows too. I don't see the point.
    Besides that, I don't understand why anybody should take your words about his health seriously, considering they're just assumptions.
    How do you know ? She didn't travel with him when he was in Russia last season. Do you know smth else that no one else knows? Ice shows are mostly in Japan, where it's easy to travel by a bullet train. As for his health- they are not my assumption. His health conditiosn were reported by media, I am sure you know that. And judging by the comments on GS during this seasons, they were quite obviously seen by numerous posters. Play fair, dear.

So sad for Kozuka. I hope the injury isn't serious, so that he can come back strong next year and go to Sochi.

Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Oh, for crying out loud - do you view everything is some sort of anti-Canadian agenda? While I agree that let`s talk says a lot of things, skating fans, including Canadian ones, have been using that joke online for months if not more - when was the location for 2013 Worlds announced?

Rinkside
    The Russian fans behind Yuzuru's fanpage on livejournal commented that his mother was with him at CoR last season and that she was a lovely lady. I thought he stayed in Japan after NHK as he had exams, and it has also been reported that his mother is with him in Canada, she can take care of him either in Canada or Japan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by merleice View Post
    The Russian fans behind Yuzuru's fanpage on livejournal commented that his mother was with him at CoR last season and that she was a lovely lady. I thought he stayed in Japan after NHK as he had exams, and it has also been reported that his mother is with him in Canada, she can take care of him either in Canada or Japan
    Who reported and exactly where? There is some Russian journalist, who is widely translate on FSU and GS, and who reported in media that Dai's biological parents dumped him when he was a kid and he was adopted by a rich childless couple. Should I believe that too? I am sure that Yuzu's mother is a very lovely lady. As for his exams- they are held every 3-4- months in J-high schools, depends on the school. What exams exactly made him stay in Japan over N.Y? Oh, please. He took just some extra private time, due to the reasons... maybe you'll tell us.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast