2013 Japanese Nationals Men | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2013 Japanese Nationals Men

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I've never said it was right. I have just pointed out the fact that the roar on JSF's favoritism has just broken out after Takahashi was subsided in Japan as the second best.

Japan has been having favoritism all the time, long before Hanyu was on the scene. Last season, Takahashi was clearly the favorite and won the overall competition with the infamous 3 fall in one single program. But the deslike on the favoritism of JSF has hardly come up at that time.;)

Every federation has its favorite skaters. JSF has never been an exception.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Japan has been having favoritism all the time, long before Hanyu was on the scene. Last season, Takahashi was clearly the favorite and won the overall competition with the infamous 3 fall in one single program. But the deslike on the favoritism of JSF has hardly come up at that time.;)

Every federation has its favorite skaters. JSF has never been an exception.
And who should have won the Nationals last season? Hanayu lost 22 points to Dai in SP, which is a huge gap to cover. Kozuka lost 11 points, which is not that small either, but still possible to "catch". He failed to do that so Dai won overall. Repeating lies won't make them true.
Favoritism is unaceptable a priori. When it comes to shameful judging, then the concept of inflation and hanyuflation shows up. JSF had the worst event this season with NHK (thanks to Ladies) getting quite close. Both events were in Japan, where JSF will be beating SC controversy in fs world quite soon. While Russian Nationals is probably the only official event this season that didn't arise any questions regarding medalists in all segments. The later issue with the 3rd spot for Euros in Men only proved it. The diference between 3rd-5th place was quite small. So, if judges were under the influence of federation's favoritism, they would fix the score "right". They didn't. So, the statement about every federation has favourites has no merit either.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think we need to remember that a lot of this discussion still comes down to everyone posting an opinion. I think that's where folks are getting confused/angry/offended. It's ok to put "IMO" after your statements once in a while.

And, beating the same horse to death over and over just to have the last say and come out looking the victor gets old for the rest of us. Everyone's said their bit, let's move on in the discussion or to the next competition.