Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Japanese Nationals Men

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Hanyu's win is pretty much set.
    I'm not so sure about Hanyu winning. I'm a bit worried about him. He looked pale and tired, and didn't look so healthy. Did you notice he was out of breath when he finished SP? Still, awesome job in the not so good condition and under such tense and pressure. Thinking that he has just become 18, I agree with people who say he is a monster.

Rinkside
    97 is huge score. Hanyu is overscored again.
    Lets see if his stamina lasts to the end tomorrow.
    I am hugely disappointed by Kozuka`s score. I thought his performance was better than GPF.
    Anyway, I will be glad if he manages to be on podium tomorrow.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    I don't think his win is "set". Yuzuru has never managed a clean LP and artistically that program is actually less valuable as far as I am concerned than his SP.
    Do you remember ladies singles at NHK?
    Last edited by mikeko666; 12-21-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by herios
    I don't think his win is "set". Yuzuru has never managed a clean LP and artistically that program is actually less valuable as far as I am concerned than his SP.
    I completly agree that Hanyu's win isn't set - especially since at national competitions scores tend to be higher in general, and an 8 point lead is not worth as much as in an international event. And the men started to post crazily high scores anyway.
    But even if Hanyu isn't likely to skate a clean LP - how many of these man are to begin with? Takahasi, Kozuka, Oda?
    Additionally, Hanyu became better with his FS last season from event to event too - till now, he did the same in his 3 GP events. I don't expect him to have a complete meltdown again.

Anyway, no matter what he does tomorrow, I'm still in awe he just managed a score like that for the 3rd time this season! If he just continues like that in his worlds SP (at this point, there's no way he's not making the team), I think he might just break his own record again! And again, I already had high expectations for him before the season started, and he just surpassed them... I'm a little afraid what he'll be like next year

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    It's another world record for Yuzuru isn't it?

I agree he looked very exhausted after the SP. I think he might be still a bit sick? I guess, that's why he wasn't looking THAT excited, because he knows he is still weak and tomorrow the LP will be hard. He is not unbeatable.

I miss Nanami Abe. Does she have another skater as a coach? Was she at the Nationals? I want to see her.

He looked a bit tired, but at the same time his lead is so big that he can afford to botch a few jumps. I don't think Dai or Kozuka is going to go clean tomorrow.

Rinkside
    Ok I think Yuzuru is an excellent skater. He actually reminds me a bit of Jeremy Abbott. Now with that said, I don't see why he posted such a high score. Dai may have had some glitches but overall - come on! Much more personality with Dai. I think the Japanese Fed is obviously pushing for Yuzuru through Sochi. That's what I am starting to think. On another note. Poor Oda, I feel like no mater what he does out there, because he isn't a favorite, he has no chance. And I know sometimes he screws it for himself but I still hope he gets a fair shake. The depth overall of Japanese men is amazing I must say!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    It's another world record for Yuzuru isn't it?
    If this were an international event, yes. But nationals don't count for that, which is good, given how feds tend to treat these events. Guys like Chan would have some obscenely high scores in the record books if it were otherwise.

I agree he looked very exhausted after the SP. I think he might be still a bit sick? I guess, that's why he wasn't looking THAT excited, because he knows he is still weak and tomorrow the LP will be hard. He is not unbeatable.
    Definitely not unbeatable, but close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Everettguy View Post
    Ok I think Yuzuru is an excellent skater. He actually reminds me a bit of Jeremy Abbott. Now with that said, I don't see why he posted such a high score. Dai may have had some glitches but overall - come on! Much more personality with Dai. I think the Japanese Fed is obviously pushing for Yuzuru through Sochi. That's what I am starting to think. On another note. Poor Oda, I feel like no mater what he does out there, because he isn't a favorite, he has no chance. And I know sometimes he screws it for himself but I still hope he gets a fair shake. The depth overall of Japanese men is amazing I must say!
    True re: Oda, but he can't even scream "I wuz robbed" because he DID have a fall in short, and such errors are heavily penalized.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Everettguy View Post
    Ok I think Yuzuru is an excellent skater. He actually reminds me a bit of Jeremy Abbott. Now with that said, I don't see why he posted such a high score. Dai may have had some glitches but overall - come on! Much more personality with Dai.
    Takahashi received slightly higher PCS. Where Hanyu kicked his butt was in TES. He scored about ten points higher than Takahashi in that area. Those glitches add up and Hanyu deservedly receives very positive GOE.

Custom Title
    Okay, I am back to life...Just watching it on TV live, I was literally out of breath for 2 hours...>< >< >< I am not sure how I can survive tomorrow's Free skate.

-Yuzuru was just amaging. I thought he would score 100.
    -Glad Dai and Takahiko could save that landing on their 4T. Tech panel was too harsh, I thought, for e-call for Dai's 3Lz, though.
    -Sad to see Nobu went down on his opening quad...My hubby and I talked about him before the SP, and agreed that he is the one who needs to win J-Nats the most if he wants to go to the Worlds.
    -What a shame Takahito only placed 4th with that great skate...His skating order; first to skate among the top six, played a role, maybe? Did not get enough love from the judges tonight, I mean, the well-deserved GOE for his huge jumps and better PCS.
    -Great skates from Kento Nakamura and Akio Sasaki!

Overall, a good competition for me! Thank you, all the boys! And sleep well tonight. The real battle begins tomorrow!

What a great event for the audience I wish my sentimental favorite Oda had done better and been closer to Kozuka and Machida. To make it even more exciting tomorrow. I'm so really impressed by Yusuru I predict Daisuke will beat him in FS, but not overall.

Deedee1 lucky you! I am sure you will survive tomorrow's FS. Actually I think excitement like this does GOOD for our bodies and souls

Good luck to all skaters tomorrow

Custom Title
    Videos Men SP (11 videos) http://www.youtube.com/user/icechannel2011/videos
    (also videos from Japanese Jr Nationals)

Custom Title
    congratulations to Hanyu great job,
    great job from Takashi and Tahiko . great competition in short.

good luck to all in long.

seems to me the little bobbles hurt, takashi and tahiko. otherwise great skate from all men.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeko666 View Post
    Do you remember ladies singles at NHK?
    That was brutal! Well, Mao could survive that fake win due to her built-up reputation and popularity as a cash cow. While Yuzu doesn't have this advantage. What else did you expect from judges? He was grossly overscored at international events, it's not like they should judge him soberer at Nationals. Hanyuflation works only to decredite those J-guys who can beat PC and Plu at Oly for real- first of all Dai and Kozuka. As for J-Fed and their policy as someone put it here, that's quite clear that they don't believe in Yuzu after Sochi. So they want to use him now. They way how they questionably judged Dai's quad and lutz' edge says more then enough. Looks like Nanami Abe was the only person who actually cared about him and his long-term career equal to Mao's or Dai's.

Protocols :
    http://twitpic.com/bnxbdx
    http://twitpic.com/bnx7rs
    http://twitpic.com/bnx564
    http://twitpic.com/bnx2sx

Oda:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgQbZHyL71U

Dai (better quality):
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPJ_6AzECIk

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast