Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Takahashi and Tran Split

Custom Title
    Yesterday I thought of another possible partner for Mervin. What about Lyubov Iliushechkina? (If she's still available.)

Pros:

--Lyubov is 5'0", three inches taller than Narumi, but she is absolutely tiny, and at 21 unlikely to grow further
    --She has very nice line, posture, musicality & artistry--probably better than Narumi
    --Unlike Natasha Purich and the other Canadian girl mentioned, she is Mervin's equal in terms of international experience and level of competition
    --She could probably hit the ground running and get the partnership off to a fast start

Cons

--The most obvious: Citizenship. Would the Russian federation be willing to release her to compete for Canada? If so, how long would it take to be Olympics-eligible?
    --Her jumps are the weakest part of her skating (like Narumi). Not sure if Mervin would want to deal with that again.

Just a thought--I know it probably wouldn't work out for political reasons--but they could be an interesting pair.
    Last edited by eyria; 01-15-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Omitted word

Custom Title
    France tried to get Lyubov, but the Russians refused to release her. I doubt Canada would have better luck.

I still think Natasha Purich would be the ideal partner for Mervin Tran.

Link to article in japanese: http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20...590000-n1.html
    According to that, Takahashi is doing try-outs and there's the possibility of announcing a new partnership by the end of January.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    Link to article in japanese: http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20...590000-n1.html
    According to that, Takahashi is doing try-outs and there's the possibility of announcing a new partnership by the end of January.
    Takahashi and Tran just had such chemistry between them, I think it will be difficult for her to re-create that with a new partner.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    Takahashi and Tran just had such chemistry between them, I think it will be difficult for her to re-create that with a new partner.
    T-T can't participate the Olympics. That simple fact could kill all the chemistry. I think their split would be a blessing for the JSF. What they need now is a team which is good enough to avoid embarrassment at Sochi. Anything better than that is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    No!!!
    damn it to hell! I can't believe this... another one that bite the dust... so sad ;_;

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    I for one hope that this tweet today from Mervin Tran ‏@skate_moivo will put to rest all the speculation about potential partners from the U.S.:

Good job skaters at this year's Nationals. Quality level of performances were the best in years for all events; good time to return home.
    10:26 AM - 20 Jan 13 ·

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiandorocks View Post
    Any possibility it might be Ryuichi Kiraka? I was surprised to see him at the recent Nats, where he seems to have gained good amont of muscle, especially in his upper body. He has been struggling with mastering 3A; indeed a critical issue for him as a single skater, considering such depth of talented J-boys, you know... He's 20 y.o and pretty tall as a Japanese male skater; 174cm. Pretty good match for Narumi who has just turned 21 and 146cm.

Ryuichi, his most recent appearance at 2012 Nats:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnPep-ENhg

Ryuichi at 2011 Jr Worlds, where he appeared more slender/less muscular:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtfphMuI3Gg

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    I for one hope that this tweet today from Mervin Tran ‏@skate_moivo will put to rest all the speculation about potential partners from the U.S.:

Good job skaters at this year's Nationals. Quality level of performances were the best in years for all events; good time to return home.
    10:26 AM - 20 Jan 13 ·
    Thanks a lot, golden! Very glad to know he sounds positive. I sincerely wish Tran best of luck in the new seasons!!!

Am still devastated by their split as a team, though...

A few of us have mentioned Ryuichi Kihara. Must be a good candidate if we saw something in him. I also thought of Kento NAKAMURA but he has been more successful in singles.

No matter what partner Takahashi may find, I doubt he'll be able to do this in such a short amount of time though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9IIMtWZPyg&t=1m20s

Custom Title
    D/R tried this less than a year into their partnership. Just another reason why pairs girls are gloriously insane.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    D/R tried this less than a year into their partnership. Just another reason why pairs girls are gloriously insane.
    Wow.. and it didn't exactly go right either! At least she had her arms out so her head wouldn't take an immediate impact.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11