Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Asada, Kim begin road to second Olympic showdown

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Considering every half serious skating fan in Europe and Asia knows the names Plushenko and Yagudin like the back of their hand still your point would be an epic fail.
    Let's just say, Evan has less commercial value than both of these former Olympic champions :lol:

Custom Title
    Yes. He's more in the Alexei Urmanov range. He did his best work on that one important night, but I doubt that any of his performances are on anyone's "I'll Never Forget" list the way that, for example, Yagudin's Man in the Iron Mask is.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    I'd agree that Evan or better to say his olympic win won't be as remembered as Yagudins or Plushenkos... but hey, I don't even think that's mainly his fault - if someone says 2010 Olympics, I instantly remember this awesome, awesome ladies event!
    Lovely ladies with lovely performanes... the men's event as a whole couldn't stack up at all. In 2010 it was definitly ladies night

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Yes. He's more in the Alexei Urmanov range. He did his best work on that one important night, but I doubt that any of his performances are on anyone's "I'll Never Forget" list the way that, for example, Yagudin's Man in the Iron Mask is.
    OMG. Everything Yagudin did in the 3 seasons leading up to the Oly was phenomenal. Loved loved loved his programs, jumps, power and artistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    I'd agree that Evan or better to say his olympic win won't be as remembered as Yagudins or Plushenkos... but hey, I don't even think that's mainly his fault - if someone says 2010 Olympics, I instantly remember this awesome, awesome ladies event!
    Lovely ladies with lovely performanes... the men's event as a whole couldn't stack up at all. In 2010 it was definitly ladies night
    ITA. And don't forget the pairs...Shen & Zhao finally getting their OGM... :sniff:

I prefer Evan's Carmen in 2006 and 2007 to Yags' MITIM. I liked Yags' Gladiator more.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Considering every half serious skating fan in Europe and Asia knows the names Plushenko and Yagudin like the back of their hand still your point would be an epic fail.
    I am delighted for the half serious skating fans of Europe and Asia! As for the U.S., I will try an experiment. I will ask the next 50 people I meet if they can name the last four Olympic gold medalists in men's figure skating.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I am delighted for the half serious skating fans of Europe and Asia! As for the U.S., I will try an experiment. I will ask the next 50 people I meet if they can name the last four Olympic gold medalists in men's figure skating.
    As the last tour in the U.S, Stars on Ice, is soon to become extinct, the U.S is irrelevant for a professional skater anyway. So who the U.S doesnt know or knows means nothing to ones chances of a touring career.

Custom Title
    mao asada's Triple jump during the last three seasons, rate of success

10-11
    3a 1/8 3lo 7/8 3lz 0/4 3f 6/12 3s 3/4 3t 0/2

11-12
    3a 0/4 3lo 7/8 3lz 0/4 3f 10/12 3s 1/4 3t 2/2

12-13
    3a 0 3lo 8/9 3lz 0/3 3f 4/9 3s 1/3 3t 1/3

I think she is really strong in 3LO
    rule changed after olympic season,
    It is a good thing for her that the basic score of loop is increased (2lo +0.3/3lo +0.2)

and loop is also a only jump that yuna can't
    Last edited by venlac; 01-30-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by venlac View Post
    here is mao asada's Triple jump during the last three seasons, rate of success

10-11
    3a 1/8 3lo 7/8 3lz 0/4 3f 6/12 3s 3/4 3t 0/2

11-12
    3a 0/4 3lo 7/8 3lz 0/4 3f 10/12 3s 1/4 3t 2/2

12-13
    3a 0 3lo 8/9 3lz 0/3 3f 4/9 3s 1/3 3t 1/3

I think she is really strong in 3LO
    sorry but these statistic are not accurate, but nice try

Custom Title
    yuna kim/mao asada/carolina kostner tes/pcs chart

kim yuna
    mao asada
    carolina kostner
    Last edited by venlac; 01-29-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Actually Man in the Iron Mask was pretty forgettable as a program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Actually Man in the Iron Mask was pretty forgettable as a program.
    I agree. After Anissina/Peizerat, Yagudin's MITIM pales in comparison, even if it was brilliantly skated. His Winter short program however is arguably an "I'll Never Forget".

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11