Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Patrick Chan's Coaching Choice, Is It Wise?

That's true, I think from what we've seen to date, it's not hard to play the blame game on his coaching/Kathy especially when we compare his progress to his top peers who all have adequate coaches and training facilities. To be fair, I'll wait until the end of the season to write my final conclusion.

Knowing what you guys said about his thoughts of retiring after Vancouver, I think he definitely needed this period of full training control just to get it out of his system anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey View Post
    ETA: In addition, it will be interesting if Chan keeps the same LP for next year....
    I think it'll be likely that he keeps one of his programs for next year. That seems to be the trend with him; but LP, not so sure. He only kept his SP for Olympic season last time. I think he should create all new programs though.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Just asking, as an outsider, seriously:

Canadian posters have told us Rosie Dimanno is not a believable source for what skaters say or do in other threads. They say she is often uninformed and is always to be trusted to take a tabloidish perspective...is she a believable source for who Patrick is dating, and how that affects his coaching decisions?

Custom Title
    Rosie writes for Rosie and for effect.... the facts are usually correct but the interpretation can be skewed in the way she wants.

Yeah she definitely wouldn't risk anything by providing false quotes. It's also pretty well known among Patrick's followers that he's dating, by spotting them at competitions and such.

Custom Title
    There is no question on whom Patrick is dating. Patrick himself has confirmed it a couple of times. As of how it has affected his coaching decisions, there were many analysis. Patrick himself has denied it in an interview. I do not pretend to know whether or not it has truly affected his decision. I just think that the result and the effect of this decision are quite obvious.

I think Dimanno is a reporter who dislikes (hate might be too strong a word, but I don't know) Patrick Chan for sure. She often twists the facts but she won't make up the facts. Snarky, sharp, negative, always looking for cracks and holes are her writing style. She might use misinformed info because of her limited understanding on figure skating. Her writings, like any writers, are full of her own views and judgement. But to me, it is one source of info and opinion. I won't deny it. Take it with grains of salt, and use your own judgement on her writing.

Custom Title
    Actually I dont think she dislikes him its just her supercilious air...

Who is Patrick's new coach? His results lately have been pretty inconsistent!

His coach is Kathy Johnson, a modern dance choreographer just like my sister.

Custom Title
    LOL you replied to yourself

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    Actually I dont think she dislikes him its just her supercilious air...
    You have given Dimanno more credit than I do, emdee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    You have given Dimanno more credit than I do, emdee.
    I read through DManno's reports in relation to Patrick, and I agree with Emdee, BB. It didn't come across to me that 'she dislikes Patrick', it's just her style of writing.....judgemental IMO. Her recent report on Plushenko appears to be rude but I came across a 2010 report where Rosie 'thought that Plushenko should have won the OGM'. So .. now what do we make of her?
    I wish there are more reporters like the late Randy Starkman. What contrast to DiManno. He wrote with his heart, and what a loss indeed to the young athletes who had benefited from his friendship.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3