Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 135

Thread: Kim to compete at NRW Trophy for points

  1. #1
    Keepin' it real gsk8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,193

    News Kim to compete at NRW Trophy for points

    The reigning Olympic champion, 22, will take part in the NRW Trophy in Dortmund, chasing the points she needs to qualify for next year's world championships in Canada, her agency, All That Sports, said.

    More


  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,490
    This is a good thing, right?

    I'm looking forward to seeing her under any circumstances whatsoever. Points, no points...even skating without music would be fine with me. Go for it, YuNa!

  3. #3
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    This is a good thing, right?

    I'm looking forward to seeing her under any circumstances whatsoever. Points, no points...even skating without music would be fine with me. Go for it, YuNa!
    Totally!

    Happy wishes to Yuna

  4. #4
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,010
    I'm excited!!!Good luck Yuna!

  5. #5
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    535
    According to the Korean Media, she'll be executing jumps as same as she did at the Olympics.(no triple axel)
    It also said the program won't be watered down like many of skaters in the competition today!

    News

    can't wait to see her on the ice

  6. #6
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    According to the Korean Media, she'll be executing jumps as same as she did at the Olympics.(no triple axel)
    It also said the program won't be watered down like many of skaters in the competition today!

    News

    can't wait to see her on the ice
    This is SO good! So, 3Lz+3T in both SP and FS? She will be (I think) the oldest this season to land it!

  7. #7
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,008
    Has she ever done triple axel? And if she is anywhere near as good as she was in Vancouver she should be the favorite for the world title.

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    According to the Korean Media, she'll be executing jumps as same as she did at the Olympics.(no triple axel)
    It also said the program won't be watered down like many of skaters in the competition today!

    News

    can't wait to see her on the ice
    Sorry, the source isn't credible because it's not Yu-Na or her agency speaking on her behalf. What you posted is also misleading. Yu-Na won't be doing the exact same jumps as she did at the Olympics because the rules won't allow her to. Yu-Na hasn't said anything about what her jumps will be.

    However, Yu-Na already landed triple lutzes, salchows, and toeloops in her summer show (she has never included flips in exhibitions, so not a big deal there), so you can logically conclude that she'll be attempting likely 3 lutzes across the SP and the FS. Her layout, if she goes for the 3/3, will probably be the same as 2011 Worlds, and yes, that's pretty challenging, but again, this isn't confirmed.

  9. #9
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,825
    If Yu-na waltzes onto the ice after a two-year break and hits a triple Lutz /triple toe I for one will

  10. #10
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    Sorry, the source isn't credible because it's not Yu-Na or her agency speaking on her behalf. What you posted is also misleading. Yu-Na won't be doing the exact same jumps as she did at the Olympics because the rules won't allow her to. Yu-Na hasn't said anything about what her jumps will be.

    However, Yu-Na already landed triple lutzes, salchows, and toeloops in her summer show (she has never included flips in exhibitions, so not a big deal there), so you can logically conclude that she'll be attempting likely 3 lutzes across the SP and the FS. Her layout, if she goes for the 3/3, will probably be the same as 2011 Worlds, and yes, that's pretty challenging, but again, this isn't confirmed.
    Ahh i see your point, i was just so excited to hear her coming back and when i saw this article i thought it was credible. I thought the guy/girl who commented were her coaches but when i read it again, it seems more like skating committee who said it. But either way, i hope she delivers what she accomplished in the olympics or the worlds

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,333
    At this point I'm just happy to see she might be back on the ice competing. Not too concerned about what jumps she's throwing at the moment because she still has training time. It's more important, I think, to get her competitive legs under her again. I wish her luck. She's beautiful to watch on the ice.

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Has she ever done triple axel? And if she is anywhere near as good as she was in Vancouver she should be the favorite for the world title.

    As I recall, she abandoned the attempt to perfect a triple axel because it was the jump that most hurt her back. There was certainly no need for her to have one, considering her arsenal of huge jumps and combinations. All of which I hope she still has so that we can enjoy watching them!

  13. #13
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Has she ever done triple axel? And if she is anywhere near as good as she was in Vancouver she should be the favorite for the world title.
    Like Olympia said, it hurt her back very much. However, she did try to attempt it since Mao had triple axel.
    Here's a video of Kim attempting triple axel, the second jump (around ~11 sec)
    video

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    423

  15. #15
    Custom Title CoyoteChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    At this point I'm just happy to see she might be back on the ice competing. Not too concerned about what jumps she's throwing at the moment because she still has training time. It's more important, I think, to get her competitive legs under her again. I wish her luck. She's beautiful to watch on the ice.
    Ditto plus one. I love the fact that the event sold out in six hours.....seeing her live at SA Lake Placid was a real high for me....there were lots of great skaters at that event.....

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •