Junior Worlds

Men
    Keiji Tanaka
    Ryuju Hino

Ladies
    Satoko Miyahara
    Rika Hongo

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter...pnavi-spo.html
    Last edited by NMURA; 12-23-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Rinkside
    Thanks for the info! Same teams for both 4CC and Worlds? I was hoping Kozuka or Oda would get 4CC, but no denying that Mura has earned the spots

Congrats to everyone, esp. Mura who really put it out there.

So sad for Kozuka, but maybe next season...

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Yep, sad to think we won't see Kozuka again this season. Now I hope that Mura will deliver in both competitions.

Custom Title
    Poor Kozuka and Oda, this is really weird; usually they don't send top 3 to 4cc!

May be because Kozuka is still injured?
    Last edited by treeloving; 12-23-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    Poor Kozuka and Oda, this is really weird; usually they don't send top 3 to 4cc!

May be because Kozuka is still injured?
    No. 4CC is in Osaka. That's why.

Custom Title
    Speaking of Osaka, I'm a little surprised to see Oda was not chosen. The gap between 3rd and 4th is small. Many people wouldn't disagree if Oda was the 3rd. It's apparent that the JSF wants to give better supports to Mura as the #2 man after Sochi, or even the 3rd man at Sochi.

Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Speaking of Osaka, I'm a little surprised to see Oda was not chosen. The gap between 3rd and 4th is small. Many people wouldn't disagree if Oda was the 3rd. It's apparent that the JSF wants to give better supports to Mura as the #2 man after Sochi, or even the 3rd man at Sochi.
    I don't think the fed supports Oda any more.

Banned
    He-he. They normally don't send a silver guy to 4CC. Wasn't it last year when they sent 1st, 4th and 5th? But this time 4CC is in Japan, and JSF knows who their cash cow is. I admire their hypocrisy- they robbed him from a deserve title one day and then they blatantly use him on another. Gladly that in this case I think it is what Dai himself wants- to skate in his hometown.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    This is not my fav season by far. (((KOzu)))

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    He-he. They normally don't send a silver guy to 4CC. Wasn't it last year when they sent 1st, 4th and 5th? But this time 4CC is in Japan, and JSF knows who their cash cow is. I admire their hypocrisy- they robbed him from a deserve title one day and then they blatantly use him on another. Gladly that in this case I think it is what Dai himself wants- to skate in his hometown.
    I'm sure Dai will thrill everyone in the audience. He's the most arresting male competitive skater right now in terms of presentation and performance.

Bummed for Kozuka and Oda, but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. Sigh.

Custom Title
    Yep, I am sure Kanako Murakami who won Silver in the ladies is also a big cash cow, that's why they are sending her to the 4CC as well in lieu of the 5th place finisher. You know, hypocritical JSF who is out to screw the "king". What? Not true!? Then again, people are always free to believe whatever they want, including witchcraft, or a particular skater really is Jesus reincarnated or even that Earth is flat.
    Last edited by wallylutz; 12-23-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Custom Title
    To me it makes perfect sense that JSF would want to showcase their best competitors at an event that they host. The team has an opportunity to take lots of medals with their strongest skaters. Furthermore, the travel will not be taxing on the skaters who train in Japan, which might be a concern sometimes when the event is held in North America with Worlds happening on another continent shortly afterwards.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Maybe Takahashi could avoid being "robbed" by fully rotating his quads, getting higher levels on non-jump elements, and planning his programs to better maximize his TES. I'm not saying that questionable judging never goes on, but in this case, I just don't see the evidence.

Anyway, I am glad they went 1, 2, 3 when selecting the teams. No way anyone can really disagree with that.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast