Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Japanese Nationals Ladies

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    You misunderstood wallylutz's post and sather clarified it for you. It's that simple.

Therefore, while Mao's program was beautiful with six triples attempted, the fact remains that she did only execute 4 clean triples in the LP; less than what she is surely capable of.
    I perfectly understood the post, but I think it's ridiculous to make such a big deal out of a two-footed jump and an edge call, instead of looking at what was actually accomplished at the event! it just seems like if the skater isn't cristal clean there will always be complains, how about appreciating what was done, instead of making a big deal out of a two-footed jump!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    By that logic, Sasha Cohen landed maybe 3 clean triples to win some of her medal?
    Michelle landed at max 4 clean triples to win her many World titles?
    Kristi landed 2 clean triples to win her Olympics?

Get over it.
    A two-footed jump is not a clean triple under either system. A wrong-edge jump is still a triple, but a lower-scoring one. Flutzes and lips were not always given a pass under 6.0. It depended on the judge and what could be seen with naked eye.

Quote Originally Posted by sather View Post
    Oh my god! I love Kanako's LP sooooo much! Of course maybe it's because I'm a fan of Piazolla music but still, I love the arrangement and the choreography. It seems like she did a lot better in the second half of the program compared to the first half. What I like about her is that when it goes well on the ice, it appears on her face right away and it makes me smile. Although the downside is that she shows her nervousness on her face as well but I believe she can work on that

Funny thing is if you add their TES from SP and LP, the difference between Mao and Kanako is only 0.01 point. I don't want to imply anything here but it's just interesting.
    I totally agree... Kanako is SO adorable how happy she was to have skated well. Really nice to see after she looked disappointed with her SP performance.

How come you find her and Mao's similar added TES interesting?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    I perfectly understood the post, but I think it's ridiculous to make such a big deal out of a two-footed jump and an edge call, instead of looking at what was actually accomplished at the event! it just seems like if the skater isn't cristal clean there will always be complains, how about appreciating what was done, instead of making a big deal out of a two-footed jump!
    First of all, congrats to Mao for her good performance!

Seriously. How many times do we have to hear that Mao "only" landed 3, or 4, or 5 clean triples after some great performances like GPF or this one? Some people ignore every other positive aspect of her skating, even when she gets some of the highest base values in competitions. Why does she always receive so much criticism when she's not absolutely perfect? You can bet that even if she is absolutely perfect, many people here will come and say she can't jump, she had ur, was overscored and so on...

When she lands 5 triples and has 2 mistakes, ok, she was not good, but some posters say she landed 2 clean triples and was atrocious. When she lands 5 triples and has 1 mistake, people say she skated like it was 1982, even if most skaters were even worse. When she lands 6 triples, but has 2 <, she only landed 4 triples. When she lands 6 triples, but has two mistakes, she only landed 4 clean triples. ***?? Clean triples is the only thing that matters in figure skating?

Not to mention some sick posters who post criticism and offenses to Mao like, 10 times every day. This is tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    I am merely stating facts. Nothing more, nothing less.

And as I have said before, while her performance here was beautiful, Mao is capable of doing so much more. And I think there are more posts about how happy posters are for Mao relative to amount of "complaints" there are. I hope you can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post

Seriously. How many times do we have to hear that Mao "only" landed 3, or 4, or 5 clean triples after some great performances like GPF or this one? Some people ignore every other positive aspect of her skating, even when she gets some of the highest base values in competitions. Why does she always receive so much criticism when she's not absolutely perfect? You can bet that even if she is absolutely perfect, many people here will come and say she can't jump, she had ur, was overscored and so on...

Not to mention some sick posters who post criticism and offenses to Mao like, 10 times every day. This is tiresome.
    perfectly observed, and spot on!
    Last edited by mary01; 12-23-2012 at 03:36 PM.

I don't take too much consideration in the scores. It is nationals inflation, which is standard. Akiko would not get 115+ with her skate today, nor Mao would get 130 for her respective FS. I think in the end, the placements are correct, and that is what matters.

Congrats to the medalists! I feel bad for Akiko, but I hope she makes the most of her opportunity at 4CC and Worlds (one that sadly Oda, as the 4th place finisher in the men, won't get).

she is very harshly critized in this forum. I think people expect a lot from Mao.

Custom Title
    I'm just peeking in. Do I gather that Akiko is going to Worlds? That's wonderful!

Medalist

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post

When she lands 5 triples and has 2 mistakes, ok, she was not good, but some posters say she landed 2 clean triples and was atrocious. When she lands 5 triples and has 1 mistake, people say she skated like it was 1982, even if most skaters were even worse. When she lands 6 triples, but has 2 <, she only landed 4 triples. When she lands 6 triples, but has two mistakes, she only landed 4 clean triples. ***?? Clean triples is the only thing that matters in figure skating?

Thank you, this discussion is getting ridiculous. And these are some of the same people who were defending Patrick Chan and talked about "this is figure skating", not "figure jumping", and now all of the sudden all that matters is the number of "clean triples" and only clean triples. It was a good skate with SIX triples and two small mistakes and it deserved a big score. Mao's PCS were even almost the same she gets at international competitions, unlike 76 that Karolina got at her nationals. The reaction here is sick.

Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Thank you, this discussion is getting ridiculous. And these are some of the same people who were defending Patrick Chan and talked about "this is figure skating", not "figure jumping", and now all of the sudden all that matters is the number of "clean triples" and only clean triples. It was a good skate with SIX triples and two small mistakes and it deserved a big score. Mao's PCS were even almost the same she gets at international competitions, unlike 76 that Karolina got at her nationals. The reaction here is sick.
    No need to drag PChiddy and Carolina Kostner into this conversation to make it even more "sick". Mao, Patrick, and Carolina are champions in their respective national championships (past and present) in their own rights, regardless of what their personal opinions about skating may be.

I'm glad to see that Akiko is definitely going to Worlds. I hope all of the entries perform well at both Worlds (Jr/Sr) and 4CC!

Custom Title
    Wow Mao, that was beautiful! I absolutely love her swan program and thought she skated brilliantly today, I love the way she moves so effortlessly over the ice, really impressed by Satoko getting a medal , good for her great skating by alot of the younger ladies , Hongo , Oba, Kato in the free. all of the Japanese skaters have such lovely knee bend in their skating

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    No need to drag PChiddy and Carolina Kostner into this conversation to make it even more "sick". Mao, Patrick, and Carolina are champions in their respective national championships (past and present) in their own rights, regardless of what their personal opinions about skating may be.

I'm glad to see that Akiko is definitely going to Worlds. I hope all of the entries perform well at both Worlds (Jr/Sr) and 4CC!
    Well, I actually have nothing against Karolina's score - after all nationals are always like that. I guess the difference in people's reaction is what I don't get. When Akiko scores 65 and is in first with 3T-2T and 3F - it's an embarrassment to the sport they say. When Karolina scores over 70 with 3T-2T and 3Loop - it's understandable because it's nationals. OK then.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo

To be "fair" - this happens to a lot of skaters. Carolina or Kiira are getting a lot of "critisism" too. I love Adelina and I don't get how some people can talk about her the way they do. For Patrick you have poeple making fun of his falls, posting pictures or whatever (I often disagree with his scores myself, but I still don't like the personal part). Hanyu seems to be heading the same way - he was all-beloved last year, now the flatation and conspiracy stuff is coming up. That might get really ugly in the future. It seems to be you're either underscored or hated - but I'm kind of sure some skaters could even manage both.
    But of course I agree with what you wrote. Mao has been getting the heat this season. There has been a lot of stupid judging and it's rather obvious this system still needs changes and tweaks. But that's no reason for an outcry like that. Glad someone said it

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast