Gold focuses on growing her skills | Golden Skate

Gold focuses on growing her skills

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ESPN - History is littered with the names of junior figure skating sensations who skidded out of the elite ranks and unlaced their boots, never to be heard from again. Gracie Gold is quietly determined not to be one of them...

More

Country
Russia
I'm afraid, Gracie's problem is the same that Sotnicova's. Unstability by nerves.
Gracie's best skating in GP Events (Moscow) - only 4 triples in FS. With excellent, poweful 3Lz+3T, so she may jump very good.

"I think I got my feet under me again," Gold said.
I'm really glad to hear this from her.

If that sounds like a grind, it is, but Gold's mother, Denise, said her daughter has the exuberance to balance that and often gets in the car after a long day still "full of excitement."

:rofl: Just imagine, Gracie all funky and playful after a hard day of training.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
She can still turn her season around at Nationals. Almost no one has turned junior success into senior success the very next year, and it really is a lot of pressure for her to replicate her technical content from last year and also improve all the areas she needs to become a top contender.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm afraid, Gracie's problem is the same that Sotnicova's. Unstability by nerves.
Gracie's best skating in GP Events (Moscow) - only 4 triples in FS. With excellent, poweful 3Lz+3T, so she may jump very good.

I disagree. Sotnikova has had two years of skating below her ability because of nerves. Gracie was solid last season and being as this is her first season as a Senior it was expected that she would struggle a bit. Right now Gracie seems more stable then Adelina. Who knows what will happen in the future.

Last edited:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
The good thing for Gracie is that her struggles are from nerves and not anything fundamentally wrong with her jump technique. With more competitions under her belt I would expect she starts nailing her programs like she did last year. I don't think she will peak in time to be a medal threat in Sochi because she has a lot of work to do on her non-jump elements to compete with the best in the world.