Website for the Synchro part of the Nesquik Torun Cup

http://mnncsynchro.com.pl/
Synchro results will be here
http://mnncsynchro.com.pl/entriesresults

Official web page for the singles, pairs, ice dance part of the event
http://mnntc.axeltorun.pl/en/announcement

Webpage of the Polish skating federation
http://www.pfsa.com.pl/

Singles, Pairs, Ice Dance are included (Pairs & Ice Dance for Seniors)

An interclub competition will be held at the same time.

Entries are here (pdf file warning):
http://mnntc.axeltorun.pl/images/files/List of skaters 17-12-12.pdf

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Nicol Gosviani (RUS) has been added to the Jr Girls competitors.

There are 10 Senior ice dance couples, some of them making a last ditch effort to get the TES minimum for Worlds:
O'Brien & Merriman AUS
Geil & Eisenbaur AUT
Walden & Edwards GBR
Guignard & Fabbri ITA
Bernardi & Mior ITA
Reed & Reed JPN
Kaliszek & Kaliszek POL
Plutowska & Gerber POL
Agafanova & Ucar TUR
Heekin-Canedy & Dun UKR

FSGMT

Record Breaker
So, this is the key day for the Euros Russian team: if Gosviani doesn't obtain the minimum TES, the door is wide open for Korobeneykova/Leonova/Makarova, but this is rather an impossible thing, considering that it's just 20 points... :laugh:

IleK

On the Ice
So, this is the key day for the Euros Russian team: if Gosviani doesn't obtain the minimum TES, the door is wide open for Korobeneykova/Leonova/Makarova, but this is rather an impossible thing, considering that it's just 20 points... :laugh:

And she did it. TES 29, 50. Total 51, 16 but I expected her to do much better given that she has a 3-3. Obviously she didn't do the combination here or she fell at the solo jumps because she has one point deduction.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
And she received "high" PCS: most of them are above 5.50 (the highest 5.83), and considering that it's a Senior B and that she skated in the first group, it's quite a good score, at Euros if she skates clean she could hope for 6s I think...

IleK

On the Ice
Yes, you are right. She has a beatiful line and I was surprised to see she got only 2 points more than the girl from Israel. But I expected her to hold her nerves better because this is what counts the most and it is a pity for that mistake. I hope she skates clean in the long. With no Kiira at Euros I want to see some good skates their especially from the russian girls.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And she did it. TES 29, 50. Total 51, 16 but I expected her to do much better given that she has a 3-3. Obviously she didn't do the combination here or she fell at the solo jumps because she has one point deduction.

And FWIW, she also earned enough for Worlds if she ends up going.

Protocols are available already (at the end of each day).

Some interesting bits:

Kim Cheremsky from Israel landed 3lutz/2toe and 2axel and fell on an underrotated 3flip in Novice Girls SP and she leads by over 10 points!

Gaynetdinova/Bich landed throw 3salchow and 2axel as the last element in their SP and lead Junior Pairs by 5 points. Looks like Italians Foresti/Sforza have improved a lot. They've also landed th3s and 2a.

In Senior Pairs, Makarova/Kenchadze finally delivered a clean SP with 2loops and throw 3loop and I think they've made the Euro SP score now?

Lots of mistakes in the Pairs comp but both Nikita/Bochkov and Kozina/Karweta are new teams (Karweta has been looking for a partner for ages) and Tyc/Lech have only been training pairs for just over a year now and are still Juniors.

In Junior Ladies, Gosvianni was clean with 3toe/2toe, 2axel, 3flip after the halfway mark and spins Lv4, 4 and 3, steps Lv3. Her deduction was for time violation.

Agata Kryger landed 3toe/2toe and 3flip but singled the axel to come second. Israeli Schreiber is third having landed 2flip and 2axel but fallen on 3salchow.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Makarova & Kenchadze got the tech minimums. The other pair trying for them, Mariya PALYAKOVA & Nikita BOCHKOV, got the short program minimum but fell short of the free tech score by two hundreths:disapp:

Kim Cheremsky landed 3lutz/2toe, 3flip, 3loop and two 2axels (!!!) to win Novice Ladies by almost 30 points! Israel has a new young promising star.

Makarova & Kenchadze got the tech minimums. The other pair trying for them, Mariya PALYAKOVA & Nikita BOCHKOV, got the short program minimum but fell short of the free tech score by two hundreths:disapp:

M/K have really come together. Definitely best comp they did all season.

As for P/B, ouch! :/

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Kim Cheremsky landed 3lutz/2toe, 3flip, 3loop and two 2axels (!!!) to win Novice Ladies by almost 30 points! Israel has a new young promising star.
Cheremsky was skating in US qualifying events as recently as last season, and I'll be surprised if she has any strong ties to Israel. But that is certainly impressive for a novice skater, regardless of nationality - and if she's chosen to represent Israel, I'm sure she has her reasons. Hopefully she'll continue to do well in the future :)

Cheremsky was skating in US qualifying events as recently as last season, and I'll be surprised if she has any strong ties to Israel. But that is certainly impressive for a novice skater, regardless of nationality - and if she's chosen to represent Israel, I'm sure she has her reasons. Hopefully she'll continue to do well in the future :)

Given her surname and the fact she has chosen to represent Israel, she's probably Jewish. And if she is Jewish, then she either already has or can easily obtain Israeli citizenship.