2013 Belorussian nationals 15-16 Dec 2012 | Golden Skate

2013 Belorussian nationals 15-16 Dec 2012

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Google Translate of article:

Championship of Belarus - 2013. Intrigues were no sensations ...

DANCE
Last weekend on the ice sports complex "Minsk - Arena" Championship of Belarus in figure skating.

The first came on to the ice dancing duets. Compared to last year, this been a slight change. Four pairs were divided into two categories - juniors and seniors. This decision was made due to the fact that the short dance in these two age groups this season are radically different, and, as said Tatyana Belyaeva Ilinichna, who coaches our dancers: "It makes no sense to break all the work for the sake of one season start." Thus, for the medals, and therefore for the right to represent the country in the biggest competitions, fought only two pairs of Minsk - Vick Kovaleva-Jura Belyaev and Les Volodenkova-Vitaly Vakunov. And for metropolitan Eugene Tkachenko-Jura Gulitskogo and Christina Kaunatskoy-Jan Lukowski from Gomel, it was a kind of rehearsal of Belarus Junior Championships to be held next month.

Les Volodenkova - Vitally Vakunov skated their short dance, though not without errors, but with humor. They managed to cope with the pre-launch excitement. But Vick Kovalev - Yuri Belyaev was not feeling very confident, as they were performing to a completely new dance for them- Yankee Polka. The result was appropriate. Leadership in the first day of competition a firm grip Lesya and Vitaly. They are ahead of their rivals Vicky and Jura by four points.

Here's how to comment on the performance of all four duets T.I.Belyaeva coach: "I am pleased with all of them. However, Jack and Yura were slightly tight. Apparently, said the lack of starts lately. Gomel couple performed well, but in the Twizzle made in error, Jan fell. Regarding adult couples, Vicky and Yura too great. We did this dance in just a few days, even a polka really do not understand, just learn the steps. So what they showed today - a great result. Glad I and performance Lesia and Vitaly had a good outing. "

Dance Vika and Yura catalysts with much more confidence. Pure performance elements, performance with the character - as a consequence - the cries of "Bravo" after performing and a good result - 77.77 points. The total amount - 121.22 points. But during a speech Lesia and Vitalik was something out of the ordinary. After exactly half of the dance, the music stopped. The boys continued to perform. Top without a signal from the referee, they had no right, as referee, in turn, did not even think to give the signal. And dokatyvali guys without music. Accompaniment to their speeches was applause and coaches, as well as other participants. Once the program was over, the not numerous audience shouted, "Well done!" Certainly done guys, that dokatali dance in such conditions. But to do it correctly, unfortunately, failed. For the free dance they get four points less than their opponents (yes, those four points, which they won after the short program). Intrigue ... Who will be the champion of Belarus this year? Winner of the competition and the winner of the "silver" shared only five per ... five hundredths in favor of Lesya and Vitaly. Like last year, winning the national championship wins this particular duo.

PAIR(S)

Following the dancers on the ice appeared sports pair Maria Polyakova - Nikita Bochkov. This year, they were the only participants. In the off-season in the Belarusian pair skating have been major changes: the pair broke Luba Bakirova Kol Kamenchuk and Maria Polyakova-Misha Fomichev, but created three new duo: Maria Milovanova Kol Kamenchuk, Ksenia Bakusheva-Timothy Sokolowski and Maria Polyakova, Nikita Bochkov. While the first two pairs in the process of rolling, Masha and Nikita has performed at several international competitions (Warsaw Cup, NRW Trophy). Pure rolling show never could, in fact, at the event in Poland Masha fell after twisting and struck a person on the ice. This injury made ​​itself felt and the national championship. But Mary took all the forces in Minsk pair could show quite confident, though not without errors rentals. For two programs they scored 120 points.

LADIES

His impressions after the long program to share with me now the two-time champion of Belarus Christina Zakharenko. Happened here is a mini-interview:

- Christine, tell me, please, how hard it was to go on the ice, having behind him the title of the current champion of the country?

- Leaving was very difficult, because it is a big responsibility. Lose his title, of course, did not want. (Smiles).

- They say, get to the top is easy, it is difficult to resist. What do you think?

- It's true. Become a champion of Belarus was even half of the case, the main thing - to keep the title, do not lose it. And it is very difficult.

- How hard was given the victory in this year?

- This year, I laid out only half power, because before that there was still a lot of competition. I came to the championship is very tired, but even this did not stop to become the champion (smiles).

- Last year, your back breathing Ksenia Bakusheva. This year, she did not speak. Was it any better? And can you feel yourself now the sole leader of the national team?

- I do not think that the fact that Ksenia did not speak, I felt better, as there are many other deserving girls! I can not bring myself to rate it, so I can not say that I feel a leader, it would be disrespectful to the other girls (smile).

MEN's

Among men, there was no equal Mogilev Pasha Ignatenko, who now trains in Moscow. He is confident in the lead after the short program and in the second day of competition was able to hold the advantage. A score of separation from the nearest competitors in the CP became almost twenty points in total. Convincing victory, agree. The second step of the podium went champion last year, the native of Brest, now representing Minsk, Michael Korolyuk. Short program he did not quite get, but the second time it just "breaks" of all its arbitrary, causing smiles and insane joy of the audience and the judges. Bronze medal Minsker Dima Kagirov.

P.S. A very entertaining interview with the silver medal BW Misha Korolyuk: http://www.pressball.by/pbonline/other/77838

There are nice photos of the winners with the article.

There was a gala.

And, for Russian speakers, what is the thing that is translated "Squeezer" ???

And is there really a skater named "Acne Vacuna" ???

Last edited:
Country
Russia
And, for Russian speakers, what is the thing that is translated "Squeezer" ???

And is there really a skater named "Acne Vacuna" ???

"Squeezer is exactly half of the dance, the music stops" - correct is "After skating exactly half of the dance, the music stopped".

"Acne Vacuna" - man's name Vitaly Vakunov.