Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Russian Nationals Men

Menshov in 6th :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Especially before and between the combo and the 3A there's really nothing except arm movements till the step sequence which is (as always) fast and well choreographed and executed with charisma and power but his technique in the turns lacks a lot of precision and his edges are just FLAT, how he can receive level 4 and +2/+3 is something that I really don't understand...
    I have to look a the ss more closely but between the 4/2 and 3a there isn't much like skate based transitions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Voronov was the major standard bearer from 2006 to 2010! He has been Russian champion twice.
    then thats just terrible bad state, we all know Voronov by international judges standards has very low pcs
    I hope for a Zhenya-Kovtun-Menshov podium after FS , it will be terrible if they let Gachinski medal with his 2 quad falls in FS

Custom Title
    Even though I am not a huge fan of plushenko I cant help but be impressed when he comes out and skates like that after all his injuries and not having competed since last years euros! His 3a was especially good here

Custom Title
    What happened with Artem Grigoriev? I miss him so much.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    In K&S it is Plushenko with Mishin, David is from team Mishin and the younger one is an athlete of Russia athletics team who has been training off ice Plushenko the last two years, has become his shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaba22 View Post
    What happened with Artem Grigoriev? I miss him so much.
    Retired.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Retired.
    Thank you. :(

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    As always, transitionless program: jump, cross-overs, jump, spin, steps, spin... But his charisma on the ice and the jumps are always there! And, congratulations for landing the quad, knowing what AlexRus reported!
    Maybe. But most of people prefer to watch him hundred times as few skater whose program is full of transitions. Exciting to watch Plushenko.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    In K&S it is Plushenko with Mishin, David is from team Mishin and the younger one is an athlete of Russia athletics team who has been training off ice Plushenko the last two years, has become his shadow.
    I think Vitaly is his friend. And yes, his off ice coach.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I'm disappointed, what happened with Menshov? I hope he will deliver in his free. But the gap is already huge now.

Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    I'm disappointed, what happened with Menshov? I hope he will deliver in his free. But the gap is already huge now.
    Yeah, not so much between 6th and 3rd, but it looks like 2nd is almost out of reach for him. :(

Custom Title
    You never know with voronov. He got 95 in 2010 in the Russian nationals sp then lost to Borodulin and menshov as well as winner plushenko in the fs. Menshov could easily get third and then maybe easily beat voronov at euros.

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Maybe. But most of people prefer to watch him hundred times as few skater whose program is full of transitions. Exciting to watch Plushenko.
    The CoP has...

Oh, never mind. My New Year's resolution is to stop singing that same one-note song.

Custom Title
    great skate Zhenya! thoroughly enjoyed it!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast