2013 Russian Nationals Men | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2013 Russian Nationals Men

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plu got TES under 80: 79, PCS over 94.

His tes is low, isn't it? I not sure by this layout, I hate he doesn't do he flip anymore, I really liked his flip..
but except for that, 10 times Russian Champion!!!i hope Mishin gets a double after the ladies!!:party2::points::rock:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
His tes is low, isn't it? I not sure by this layout, I hate he doesn't do he flip anymore, I really liked his flip..
but except for that, 10 times Russian Champion!!!i hope Mishin gets a double after the ladies!!:party2::points::rock:

RN is slight less crazily inflated compared to other Nationals. For what his did his TES was fair I think. You know, some skaters in international events withdraw because of some lousy excuses like stomach flu or can't finish the prog due to mental pressure, whatever.. He was operated 4 weeks ago and started training quad only in Sochi. Who's ever done anything like that before? No one. He will be in better form by Euro for sure where basically Javi will be his only competitor with old-Gachi out.

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S FREE PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Evgeni PLUSHENKO - 265.94 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
2. Sergei VORONOV - 254.06 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
3. Konstantin MENSHOV - 228.88 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
4. Artur GACHINSKI - 227.46 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Maxim KOVTUN - 225.02 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
6. Vladislav SEZGANOV - 209.78 Free Skate
7. Mikhail KOLYADA - 208.96 Free Skate
8. Alexander SAMARIN - 205.35 Free Skate
9. Artur DMITRIEV - 204.24 Free Skate
10. Alexander PETROV - 203.57
11. Mark SHAKHMATOV - 192.30 Free Skate
12. Zhan BUSH - 190.15 Free Skate
13. Andrei LAZUKIN - 184.54
14. Alexei GENYA - 182.89
15. Adian PITKEEV - 179.54
16. Artem LEZHEEV - 174.86
17. Feodosiy EFREMENKOV - 173.04
18. Vladislav SMIRNOV - 161.05

Last edited:

lavender

Record Breaker
I just want to see how the international judges will judge Plushenko's program (pcs).

it was nice to see Plushenko's smile at the end of his program.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to the King! 10 time National Champion, very impressive. How many spots does Russia have for Worlds one or two?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Plushenko looked really good. the turns going into the first triple axel are just as difficult as most of the other men are doing (with the exception of Abbott who is a pure artist).

I was impressed. Sure, maybe his skating isn't the most beautiful, but he lands the jumps. Another poster made the argument a few weeks back that transitions don't mean a thing if you don't complete the jump after them. Plusehnko got it done. I can't see him beating Chan, Yuzuru or Dai if they skate as they have been, but he is a medal contender at worlds/olympics. Who else can say that at his age?

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m still wishing to see R&J Lp at some point but I just watched the program and I love him :love:-thats no big news:laugh:. I m sure he is aware of what Hanyu, Fernandez and Daisuke did recently and of what Chan is capable of, so I hope Mishin will change the jump layout, no mullet this year no big TES.
But he skated better than last year Nationals that he was so and so but by Europeans he was on fire, he is a fighter, and lights up with competition so I cant wait to see him at Euros against Fernandez! The costume looks like a tango one though, but like the sp one, it is very russian and royal:biggrin:

edit: plush transferred 4 jump passes in the second half? That's must be a first!!
Kovtun is really to watch even if this was not his event, I wish RF invested on him, I would send him to Worlds before Voronov and Menshov, also Kolyada looks very promising.

figuristka

Medalist
Congrats to Plushenko. Got to admire him for coming back, even after surgery and still landing difficult jumps. Hope he adds more between the jumps later when is is better. Voronov skated well but still something lacking for me. Kolyada is an interesting skater. Like how he moves on the ice.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Congrats to Plushy for landing a quad at 30 just after surgery and for winning his 10th national title but... please, please, change this program!! :bow: It's horrible! Except a couple of arm movements, there's no transitions at all before the first step sequence and it's so weird, when he's trying to move like a swan it looks really grotesque... :disapp: I want to see Romeo and Juliet!!
Good jumps by Voronov but the artistic part... :no: I was very disappointed when I saw Romeo and Juliet skated like a pop music, with those Amodio-like arm movements and terrible SS... Morozov is really the worst coach for him!

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S FREE PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Evgeni PLUSHENKO - 265.94 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, Interview
2. Sergei VORONOV - 254.06 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
3. Konstantin MENSHOV - 228.88 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
4. Artur GACHINSKI - 227.46 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Maxim KOVTUN - 225.02 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
6. Vladislav SEZGANOV - 209.78 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
7. Mikhail KOLYADA - 208.96 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
8. Alexander SAMARIN - 205.35 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
9. Artur DMITRIEV - 204.24 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
10. Alexander PETROV - 203.57 Free Skate
11. Mark SHAKHMATOV - 192.30 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
12. Zhan BUSH - 190.15 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
13. Andrei LAZUKIN - 184.54 Free Skate
14. Alexei GENYA - 182.89 Free Skate
15. Adian PITKEEV - 179.54 Free Skate
16. Artem LEZHEEV - 174.86 Free Skate
17. Feodosiy EFREMENKOV - 173.04 Free Skate
18. Vladislav SMIRNOV - 161.05 Free Skate

Last edited:
Country
Russia
Congrats to Plushy for landing a quad at 30 just after surgery and for winning his 10th national title but... please, please, change this program!! :bow: It's horrible! Except a couple of arm movements, there's no transitions at all before the first step sequence and it's so weird, when he's trying to move like a swan it looks really grotesque... :disapp: I want to see Romeo and Juliet!!
Good jumps by Voronov but the artistic part... :no: I was very disappointed when I saw Romeo and Juliet skated like a pop music, with those Amodio-like arm movements and terrible SS... Morozov is really the worst coach for him!

He told http://fsrussia.ru/news/371_evgenij...mpionate-evropy-ili-mira-tak-katatsya-nelzya/ (Russian)
If you take the history before championship to Russia, I, frankly, wanted to withdraw. I was in bad state, and I restored triple jumps. So, of course, the skating for my today's state is perfect, but at the European Championships or the Worlds such kind of skating is unacceptable.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
It's horrible! Except a couple of arm movements, there's no transitions at all before the first step sequence and it's so weird, when he's trying to move like a swan it looks really grotesque

Really??? hm. I think that is a bit too much, too harsh. Why do you think only of the good, which is perfectly identical to the others? Sorry, but the japanese guys and Chan totally similar for me.. If Plushenko would be 10th Chan or 6th Daisuke that would be great? I don't think. I want to see Plushenko, not a guy from the a gang.

After Vancouver:
One german commentator said, "Evan is not bad, the situation is like you can see it at school. Evan is a very diligent pupil trying to do what teacher want him to do and Evgeni is a genius, who knows he is a genius and not paying attention at what teacher says. " So true...

I would like to see Plushenko preserves individuality and style, so that it adapts to the COP. And I think it is so hard, they are working on it.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
The only looong cross overs I see are before the 3A combo. He certainly has more flow and speed than 2010, which means he is working on it, he tries more times than he used to in the past to turn to the opposite direction than the one he twizzles, he changed his jumps in 4-4 layout which is first time for him and my fav part of the program is the part after Lutz combo where all 3 jumping passes at the end are done one after the other around in a circle with the music. Four jumbs with no preparation and not on the corners of the arena, I love it.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I think FSGMT wrote a customary opinion, and didn't care what happened on the ice ..

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Let's remember that all opinions are acceptable, no need to single someone out that you don't agree with. :yes:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I've gotta ask, plushyfan, given that Takahashi, Oda, Hanyu and Kozuka have very different styles (Chan is similar to Kozuka stylistically, imo) what makes it difficult to separate them beyond their ethnicity/colour of their skin?