Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Russian Nationals Men

Congrats to Plushenko. Got to admire him for coming back, even after surgery and still landing difficult jumps. Hope he adds more between the jumps later when is is better. Voronov skated well but still something lacking for me. Kolyada is an interesting skater. Like how he moves on the ice.

Congrats to Plushy for landing a quad at 30 just after surgery and for winning his 10th national title but... please, please, change this program!! It's horrible! Except a couple of arm movements, there's no transitions at all before the first step sequence and it's so weird, when he's trying to move like a swan it looks really grotesque... I want to see Romeo and Juliet!!
    Good jumps by Voronov but the artistic part... I was very disappointed when I saw Romeo and Juliet skated like a pop music, with those Amodio-like arm movements and terrible SS... Morozov is really the worst coach for him!

MEN'S FREE PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Evgeni PLUSHENKO - 265.94 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, Interview
    2. Sergei VORONOV - 254.06 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    3. Konstantin MENSHOV - 228.88 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    4. Artur GACHINSKI - 227.46 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    5. Maxim KOVTUN - 225.02 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    6. Vladislav SEZGANOV - 209.78 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    7. Mikhail KOLYADA - 208.96 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    8. Alexander SAMARIN - 205.35 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    9. Artur DMITRIEV - 204.24 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    10. Alexander PETROV - 203.57 Free Skate
    11. Mark SHAKHMATOV - 192.30 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    12. Zhan BUSH - 190.15 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
    13. Andrei LAZUKIN - 184.54 Free Skate
    14. Alexei GENYA - 182.89 Free Skate
    15. Adian PITKEEV - 179.54 Free Skate
    16. Artem LEZHEEV - 174.86 Free Skate
    17. Feodosiy EFREMENKOV - 173.04 Free Skate
    18. Vladislav SMIRNOV - 161.05 Free Skate
    Last edited by Mao88; 12-27-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Congrats to Plushy for landing a quad at 30 just after surgery and for winning his 10th national title but... please, please, change this program!! It's horrible! Except a couple of arm movements, there's no transitions at all before the first step sequence and it's so weird, when he's trying to move like a swan it looks really grotesque... I want to see Romeo and Juliet!!
    Good jumps by Voronov but the artistic part... I was very disappointed when I saw Romeo and Juliet skated like a pop music, with those Amodio-like arm movements and terrible SS... Morozov is really the worst coach for him!
    He told http://fsrussia.ru/news/371_evgenij-...tatsya-nelzya/ (Russian)
    If you take the history before championship to Russia, I, frankly, wanted to withdraw. I was in bad state, and I restored triple jumps. So, of course, the skating for my today's state is perfect, but at the European Championships or the Worlds such kind of skating is unacceptable.

It's horrible! Except a couple of arm movements, there's no transitions at all before the first step sequence and it's so weird, when he's trying to move like a swan it looks really grotesque
    Really??? hm. I think that is a bit too much, too harsh. Why do you think only of the good, which is perfectly identical to the others? Sorry, but the japanese guys and Chan totally similar for me.. If Plushenko would be 10th Chan or 6th Daisuke that would be great? I don't think. I want to see Plushenko, not a guy from the a gang.

After Vancouver:
    One german commentator said, "Evan is not bad, the situation is like you can see it at school. Evan is a very diligent pupil trying to do what teacher want him to do and Evgeni is a genius, who knows he is a genius and not paying attention at what teacher says. " So true...

I would like to see Plushenko preserves individuality and style, so that it adapts to the COP. And I think it is so hard, they are working on it.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 12-27-2012 at 11:35 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    The only looong cross overs I see are before the 3A combo. He certainly has more flow and speed than 2010, which means he is working on it, he tries more times than he used to in the past to turn to the opposite direction than the one he twizzles, he changed his jumps in 4-4 layout which is first time for him and my fav part of the program is the part after Lutz combo where all 3 jumping passes at the end are done one after the other around in a circle with the music. Four jumbs with no preparation and not on the corners of the arena, I love it.

I think FSGMT wrote a customary opinion, and didn't care what happened on the ice ..

Let's remember that all opinions are acceptable, no need to single someone out that you don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Let's remember that all opinions are acceptable, no need to single someone out that you don't agree with.
    I know Toni

Custom Title
    I've gotta ask, plushyfan, given that Takahashi, Oda, Hanyu and Kozuka have very different styles (Chan is similar to Kozuka stylistically, imo) what makes it difficult to separate them beyond their ethnicity/colour of their skin?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Maybe I ve missed sth but why Bariev didnt participate?

Protocols !!

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I've gotta ask, plushyfan, given that Takahashi, Oda, Hanyu and Kozuka have very different styles (Chan is similar to Kozuka stylistically, imo)
    Hey, ImaginaryPogue! I answer only to this part ..

I'm not sure that I can explain in english..i hate allude to this thing, but this is the reality (in January i will go to a good english course.. ) Look at to the all Japanese boys( even Shoma Uno etc.) or Chan, but I can mention Fernanadez( I think because his coach is Orser), Nan Song etc., they are skating in similar style, thanks to the COP. Of course a little bit different, different body type etc., but overall similar. Look at the old great skaters, they had absolute different style. Maybe you don't understand , but we Plushenko's fans don't want to see Plushenko who isn't Plushenko anymore... Who makes similar movements, transitions.. After you will say Plushenko is great?

Amber wrote, who is another member of our forum Plush is just so graceful and balletic and the program is neither too empty nor too busy . ( I believe too much transitions-too much chaos )
    And she loves the fact that, with this program, Evgeni really looks different to all the other top skaters, in a very good way. And I deeply agree with her, and many other Fs fans, who aren't in love with COP.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 12-28-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Maybe I ve missed sth but why Bariev didnt participate?
    He did not take place in Russian Cup Events, i.e. did not try to qualify.
    Why - I don't know.

Apparently some russian skaters aren't to happy with the russian federation decision of including Maxim Kovtun on the euros team instead of Menshov.
    Link: http://rt.com/sport/menshov-kovtun-trankov-revolt-009/

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Anyone have a link to a translation?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast