Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Russian Nationals Ladies

Custom Title
    Hi everyone,
    Does anyone have a livestream for the long programs other than the one with a 3 days free trials? Thank you so much! We would really like to watch it

Custom Title
    I'm not sure Czisny or Suzuki, both of whom I like, are good choices to support your argument. Both seem yet to "find themselves" or to figure out how to make it all work.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Does anyone have a livestream for the long programs other than the one with a 3 days free trials? Thank you so much! We would really like to watch it
    Which site did you try for a trial? Try another one, either: http://tvteka.com www.rutelevision.com

Banned
    Liza withrew, confirmed.

Custom Title
    I can't believe Liza had to withdraw after having such a great short.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Liza withrew, confirmed.
    This is sad and revolting... I hope she can do the team for euros and worlds, she deserves.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TelmoFe View Post
    This is sad and revolting... I hope she can do the team for euros and worlds, she deserves.
    I think she will. I cannot see them sending Polina ahead of Liza (assuming Adelina and Alena make the teams).

Liza withrew, confirmed.
    I hope they will at least send her to Euros as the third Russian and, if she performs well there, to Worlds, she deserves it! Now, the title is a battle between Adelina and Lena, I believe, the Bronze between Alena and Polina...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    She's been struggling this season but to turn in a clean SP at a pressure-filled event like nationals is a big deal (IMO opinion anyway).
    but Adelina has No pressure at nationals, she did poorly in the Grand Prix, she would have been lucky to medal at nationals
    Julia, Liza and Elena would have beaten her anyways

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    but Adelina has No pressure at nationals, she did poorly in the Grand Prix, she would have been lucky to medal at nationals
    Or conversely, she had extra pressure to prove herself after a poor season so far.

She's 16. It's her first full senior season. It's far too early to rule such a talented skater out.

I'm sad Liza had to withdraw :(

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I'm not sure Czisny or Suzuki, both of whom I like, are good choices to support your argument. Both seem yet to "find themselves" or to figure out how to make it all work.
    Not everyone can win worlds or be #1 at everything...so I guess you have to measure success by whatever measuring stick you're given. Reaching your personal best as a skater is equivalent to "finding yourself" IMO.

I'd say Czisny winning the GPF and then convincingly winning nationals in 2011 amounts to "finding herself" as a skater. That was pretty much the absolute best she could be. Unfortunately, Alissa only found herself for one season but I suppose it's better to have found oneself than not to have found oneself...or whatever.

And Akiko has yet to really reach the top but she's been a top tier skater for the past four years and won many medals on the GP and at the GPF, culminating in finally hitting the world podium last year. To me, she has reached her peak as a skater. Unfortunately her peak doesn't seem to be enough to get her to the very top but it's good enough to be near it and if it's the best she can do, I think that's amazing.

The success both achieved is more than what the majority of skaters will ever achieve, so I think that's commendable. Like I said not everyone has the talent/luck to be the very best but doing your best, no matter the results, is what counts.

Liza withrew, confirmed.
    Dammit!!

Now, let's see how Adelina skates this FS, then we can comment on the result, we're already speaking as if she won falling 8 times!

Banned
    Liza withdrew, sooooo sad I don't think she will Ever win a Nationals

my predictions:
    1 Elena
    2 Adelina
    3 Pogorilaya/Sakhanovich/Korobeynikova

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I don't think you can make that statement until after we see how she skates here.

The point is even when Adelina makes mistakes she still scores higher than most b/c her overall skating is very strong. She skates much bigger than Julia, her presentation is stronger than Liza's and she's much more mature and refined than Elena. One thing is for sure: If Adelina, Julia, Liza and Elena all performed perfectly, I don't doubt Adelina would be the one to finish on top. Adelina is the only skater out of this current crop of Russian girls who has a shot at matching or beating the top names in the sport. Flutz aside (who cares), she doesn't have any weak areas in her skating.

If she can get her nerves under control, she'd be almost unbeatable...and there are very few skaters you can say that about...

Custom Title
    Which site did you try for a trial? Try another one, either: http://tvteka.com www.rutelevision.com
    oh thank you! I didn't try the second one.
    Which channel is the ladies free program on?

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast