12-27-2012, 01:30 PM
I agree, she is the best choice for the 3rd spot. I wouldn't consider Nikol because she was only a point better than a very off Alena. I think only Polina and Ksenia had a shot but they finished behind Leonova.
Originally Posted by let`s talk
12-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Why you assume that RusFed always tell you the truth I wonder = it's just hypothese !!
Anyway, all this visa talk is pointless = ure right but the real problem is why Nikol is not send in junior or senior competition by RusFed ??
They will send Leonova anyway, I think..= I think too (sadly)
12-27-2012, 01:54 PM
12-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by seniorita
And she did it when she is ill says it all.
Finally, i knew she had it in her, never doubt it from the beginning. That's another Christmas list ticked.
(Hopefully that should help her PCS at international levels which she deserve more than Lenova)
Now Mirai/Jeremy, your turn at US nationals! Come on...
Last edited by os168; 12-27-2012 at 03:16 PM.
12-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Amazing really that with all the depth in Russian Ladies that they don't have a solid number 3 to go to Euro's or Worlds.
12-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Of course Leonova is the best choice to the 3rd spot... What a silly conversation. She is the world silver medalist and Nikol is totally unknow.
12-27-2012, 04:15 PM
That may be true but Leonova has been awful this season and she's not getting any better. By this time usually she's starting to get on a roll but she's not any better then she was earlier in the season.
12-27-2012, 04:22 PM
12-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Where was Polina Shelepen? And did Agafanova quit skating altogether?
12-27-2012, 05:07 PM
I hope Nikol will go. So what if she's unknown? That's silly. Everybody was unknown at some point. On the contrary - Leonova had her silver medal, now let the others enjoy international competitions too Maybe somebody would consider it as not fair to Leonova, but well, Leonova shouldn't have lost. This is sport!
12-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Polina Shelepen withdrew because she is injured. Agafonova did not qualify for the nationals (they do have only 18 places).
Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie
12-27-2012, 05:20 PM
leave no stone unturned
I dont see any country having a solid 3 in ladies besides Japan. And the third in Japan is questionable with Kanako's performances.
Originally Posted by Jammers
12-27-2012, 05:27 PM
yes but out of those amazing ladies who competed, the majority is not eligible for senior international competition yet (senior GP or European/Worlds) and some of them were not eligible even for the junior grand prix/junior worlds this season!
Originally Posted by Jammers
12-27-2012, 05:34 PM
LADIES FREE PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (updated)
1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - 196.57 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, Interview
2. Elena Radionova - 191.26 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
3. Adelina Sotnikova - 190.75 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, Interview
4. Serafima Sakhanovich - 177.37 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Anna Pogorilaya - 176.58 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
6. Nikol Gosviani - 170.67 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
7. Alena Leonova - 169.64 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
8. Ksenia Makarova - 163.83 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
9. Alsu Kayumova 163.51 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
10. Polina Korobeynikova - 163.04 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
11. Maria Stavitskaia - 161.49 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
12. Evgenia Gerasimova - 156.05 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
13. Natalia Ogoreltseva - 150.88 Free Skate
14. Elizaveta Yushchenko - 149.77 Free Skate
15. Julia Li - 142.43 Free Skate
16. Alina Maximova - 138.02 Free Skate
17. Sofia Biryukova - 135.69 Free Skate
18. Tatiana Fedoseeva - 129.41 Free Skate
Last edited by Mao88; 12-27-2012 at 08:05 PM.
12-27-2012, 05:48 PM
The Coaching Council of the Russian Figure Skating Federation made a recommendation to send Lisa, Adelina and Nicole to the Euros. Final decision to be made tomorrow. They also recommended to send Plushchenko, Voronov and Kovtun (#5), choosing Kovtun over Menshov, who took the bronze. Notably, Mishin, Kudriavtsev and Nikolai Morozov, all members of the Council, voted against sending Kovtun. Sorry, can't post the external link because of the forum rules.