Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Russian Nationals Ladies

Custom Title
    I wish Adelina would find another version of her music. The vocals assault the ears and distract imo.

Custom Title
    After watching this competition I am no longer impressed by 3lutz-3toe, far too many of these babies made it look too easy.

Besides the top 3, Serafina stood out to me. She has great body line, good feel for the music and doesn't contort.

Custom Title
    OMG...just watching Alena makes me long for the days when I liked NM as a choreographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I wish Adelina would find another version of her music. The vocals assault the ears and distract imo.
    I think that Tarasova will give her something more in her comfort zone (powerful classical music) for her free skate next year. This was about trying out something different and I think they both know it isn't that great.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Thanx for the info and welcome to the forum So they vote keeping Nicole that her best was abit more than a bad Leonova and skip Menshov in favor of Kovtun? Maybe they want to start investing in new faces. SO Arthur is out of question?

Kovtun was not a student of Morosov?

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by temp View Post
    The Coaching Council of the Russian Figure Skating Federation made a recommendation to send Lisa, Adelina and Nicole to the Euros. Final decision to be made tomorrow. They also recommended to send Plushchenko, Voronov and Kovtun (#5), choosing Kovtun over Menshov, who took the bronze. Notably, Mishin, Kudriavtsev and Nikolai Morozov, all members of the Council, voted against sending Kovtun. Sorry, can't post the external link because of the forum rules.
    I am surprised but glad to see that the coaches think Nikol should have a chance over Alena who's been a mess all season.

But I am flabbergasted over why Kovtun would be a better choice than Menshov and Gachinski, both of whom placed above him? He's younger and potentially more promising but he could have landed his stuff and beaten them.

Tarasova loves Kovtun, he's her new pet. Morozov, Kudriatsev, and Mishin disagreed with the Kovtun recommendation and rightfully so.
    Last edited by DobrinFan; 12-27-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by temp View Post
    The Coaching Council of the Russian Figure Skating Federation made a recommendation to send Lisa, Adelina and Nicole to the Euros. Final decision to be made tomorrow. They also recommended to send Plushchenko, Voronov and Kovtun (#5), choosing Kovtun over Menshov, who took the bronze. Notably, Mishin, Kudriavtsev and Nikolai Morozov, all members of the Council, voted against sending Kovtun. Sorry, can't post the external link because of the forum rules.
    I too am against sending Kovtun , Kovtun has little senior experince, his senior experiences have rather been horrible at least atm. WTT anyone ?
    Menshov has had a great season and shows more consisteny and experience
    Nikol is soo inconsistent I would still send Leonova at least she can rack higher PCS regardless if deserved or not.

Well. the Russian Skating Federation did not ask my opinion. But if they had, I would advised them to adopt a system where the athletes earn a berth on the Worlds team by their performances on the ice. Rather than having that honor bestowed upon them by the politics or whim of a Committee. (JMO.)

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Actually for Worlds they usually send the ones who do better at Euros, it is the Euros spots that are not given by Nationals, at least not all of them.

I still think they will send Leonova to Worlds. They are just waiting for Nicole to bomb at Euros so they can justify it more easily.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Amazing really that with all the depth in Russian Ladies that they don't have a solid number 3 to go to Euro's or Worlds.
    Ehm....would you not class the current world silver medalist as a solid number 3?

Leonova has repeatedly performed at major championships and repeatedly had mediocre GPs. I like the fact that she peaks for big champs.

She is the first Russian lady to medal at worlds since Slutskaya, earned the 3 spots and deserves a ticket. I would not be surprised to see her place higher than one or both of her compatriots.

Missing Europeans may not be a bad idea though.

I don't see why they're always passing over Menshov. He's more consistent than Gachinski ever was and has the technical goods, like a 4-3! Honestly, I don't know much about Kovtun though, I think I watched him once and was rather bored..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I still think they will send Leonova to Worlds. They are just waiting for Nicole to bomb at Euros so they can justify it more easily.
    Yep, makes sense. I'm just wondering if the Russian Fed thinks they need Alena to get three spots or if they are comfortable with Liza and Adelina securing those spots and then sending Nikol to prepare her for the future. I actually think how Adelina and Liza do at Euros will have more of an impact on Alena's spot than Nikol's result.

Custom Title
    Congrats Liza! She's such a great competitor.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast