Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Russian Nationals Ladies

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    temp, Welcome to Golden Skate! Thank you for your post!

Kovtun did a great job on the JGP and at the JGPF-this year, but that does not translate to a great job at Senior competitions, always.

I wish they sent Menshov, whom I really liked at Skate America
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 12-28-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    temp, Welcome to Golden Skate! Thank you for your post!

Kovtun did a great job on the JGP and at the JGPF-this year, but that does not translate to a great job at Senior competitions, always.

I wish they sent Menshov, whom I really liked at Skate America
    I'm so upset for Menshov

ETA: Menshov is officially off the team
    Last edited by DobrinFan; 12-28-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Banned
    The decision has been made by RusFed - Kovtun and Gosviani will go to Euros. Gosviani will take part in B-event to get tech minimum, probably in Poland, said Gorshkov. The choice of Kovtun was motivated by the reason that was quite clear from the start- to send him to Worlds to get the second spot for Russia in Sochi. For that he will get a senior start in Euro to present himself to the big world.

http://fsrussia.ru/news/378_ispolkom...rskogo-soveta/

Banned

Rinkside
    I think it's worth mentioning that Natalia OGORELTSEVA got credit for fully rotating the really difficult 3Lz-3L combination in the short and long and received positive GOE for it in the long.

Tripping on the Podium
    From what I understand in that article...if they are still considering Menshov and Artur for Worlds, does this mean Plusenko has already made up his mind?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    The decision has been made by RusFed - Kovtun and Gosviani will go to Euros. Gosviani will take part in B-event to get tech minimum, probably in Poland, said Gorshkov. The choice of Kovtun was motivated by the reason that was quite clear from the start- to send him to Worlds to get the second spot for Russia in Sochi. For that he will get a senior start in Euro to present himself to the big world.

http://fsrussia.ru/news/378_ispolkom...rskogo-soveta/
    Good News for Nikol Gosviani .. but in Poland it's only junior category ...
    so sad to not send her in Bratislava (no russian girls) http://www.slovakskating.org/nyc/2013/CAT002EN.HTM
    or Riga (2 russian in senior : Valentina CHERNISHOVA and Julia STARIKOVA)
    http://kristalice.lv/Results/Volvo20th/CAT043EN.HTM

Very happy for Gosviani: before this competition I didn't even know her name, and here she goes to Euros! But I think that they won't send her to Worlds: surely either Leonova or Makarova... And, I'm happy that the young girls received higher PCS than the old ones, because I really prefer Adelina and Liza's programs, artistically, to Leonova's or Makarova's! But I still don't understand Radionova's PCS: 68 to Adelina and 59 to Lena?

I think it makes sense to send Kovtun. They know that he hasn't attempted a quad sal before and that by Euros, he'll have a better chance at mastering all the new technology.
    Also it's better that Kovtun get some experience now before next season.

Can someone translated what Liza, Adelina and Lena said in the post-competition interviews?

Custom Title
    Congratulations to Liza, I could watch her jump all day All of the ladies are so technically proficient at russian nats, its amazing to watch! Ive never seen so many triple triples, Another young lady who caught my eye was Natalia Ogoreltseva, her jumps are beautiful especially her loops in combination (great timing!) she also has a nice skating style. So many good ladies in russia now, just wow

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Well. the Russian Skating Federation did not ask my opinion. But if they had, I would advised them to adopt a system where the athletes earn a berth on the Worlds team by their performances on the ice. Rather than having that honor bestowed upon them by the politics or whim of a Committee. (JMO.)
    That’s what most other federations are doing. The JSF is sending Mura to 4CC and the Worlds instead of sending more famous Kozuka or Oda because Mura skated more well at the Japanese Nationals. The USFSA and SC will also send their top 2/top 3 finishers to the Worlds. I was rather shocked and disappointed that the RU is not doing the same thing. Poor Menshov, he deserves to be sent to Euros at least.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I don't see why they're always passing over Menshov. He's more consistent than Gachinski ever was and has the technical goods, like a 4-3! Honestly, I don't know much about Kovtun though, I think I watched him once and was rather bored..
    Because Menshov’s coach is a nobody while Kovtun’s coach is Tarasova? She’s the queen of politicking you know.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I don't think Plushenko cares about the second spot for Olympics, his is secured, if someone else wants to go they will have to earn it, why exposing himself in front of Hanyu and Co before Sochi to get the second spot?

although I think if Worlds were in Europe like the last three times, he would have gone.

Banned
    Poor Menshov, is there anything his coach can do

http://rt.com/sport/menshov-kovtun-trankov-revolt-009/
    Russian figure skaters revolt against national team’s coaches
    Russian figure skaters have openly spoken out against the national team coaching council’s choice of the squad for the 2013 European championships.

­The skaters are outraged by the fact the Konstantin Menshov, who won bronze at the Russian championships in Sochi this week, was left out of the team.

Instead, the coaches gave Maksim Kovtun a chance to compete at the Euros, despite him finishing only fifth in the national selection.

“The coaching council is garbage!!! All the athletes stand by Menshov. Without exception!” Maksim Trankov, newly crowned Russian pairs champion with Tatyana Volosozhar, wrote on his Twitter page.
    Menshov is like a male Akiko Suzuki, a late bloomer but getting passed by his Fed

Menshov is World ranked 13th, Kovtun is ranked 41: http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsmen.htm
    Menshov PB ranking is ranked 12th: http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/...13/sbtsmto.htm

so underrated by his fed
    Last edited by sky_fly20; 12-28-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Can someone translated what Liza, Adelina and Lena said in the post-competition interviews?
    Liza said that she feels very sick and it was her and her team's decision to compete. Her goal at RN was to qualify for Euros, now she is happy with the result and waiting for EC.

Elena said that of course she wanted to skate her best and she thinks she succeeded. She didn't feel nervous, the same as in GPF, she just went to the ice and skated. It was a completely different feeling for her to compete at senoir event, she wanted to check her abilities. Then the interviewer told her that she looks very confident on the ice and very artistic. Lena said that she was into dancing from early childhood, as for her confidence- she smiled and said that probably she was born like that.

Adelina said of course she didn't skate her best but still she is satisfied with her skating more or less because she could barely "collect" her 3lu-3t combo just at 10pm yesterday, and it wasn't super great. Still it's her best skating compared to how she skated at GP, so partly she is satisfied but partly- not. This medal at RN gave her confidence. Now she will be preparing for Euros.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast