2013 Russian Nationals Ladies

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
looks like someone listened, Sakhanovich improved her jump technique
No more bent knee landings on jumps

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I will be so disappointed, Liza is cursed to never win Nationals :no:
how can she be ill ? she was on fire just yesterday, really bad luck for her at Nationals :cry:

this will be boring without her, Sotnikova will win with her 2 falls in FS

shallow edging

Rinkside
this will be boring without her, Sotnikova will win with her 2 falls in FS

Ok, you used to really like Sotnikova, now you seem to hate her. I don't see the point in the constant ripping of her, she was great in the short program and yet she gets no commendation for that, just a statement that she'll fall apart in the long.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Ok, you used to really like Sotnikova, now you seem to hate her. I don't see the point in the constant ripping of her, she was great in the short program and yet she gets no commendation for that, just a statement that she'll fall apart in the long.
I agree: maybe she'll skate well and earn another National title, is it impossible?
Or maybe she'll have two falls, but, in that case, don't worry, she won't win: there are Radionova or Leonova ready to take the title if she makes mistakes: she's not the only one with good spins and/or PCS, just look at Leonova's PCS in the SP with two mistakes: if she skates well in the FS, will se receive 9s for that horrible program? ;)

Country
Russia
Remember - women are so unpredictable.

For example, only 3 of 18 at Nationals-2012 had the same Final Place as place in SP.
And none of Ladies had the same place in SP and FS.

jamie

On the Ice
Now that I'm less preoccupied by placements and scores, I have just noticed that this was the first competition in HISTORY where the 10 top ladies all completed 3/3's!!!!

VERY impressive stat!

TelmoFe

Rinkside
This is very strange. Wonderful and perfect yesterday and sick today? Can be true, but buy something from russia and china federation is hard.

I see so many critics to Alena Leonova, but I like her and her programs. She is different and not a russian traditional skater... Russia needs improve her figure skating style and in my opinion Leonva does that. She since 2009 or 2010 doesn't skate the boring classical rusian musics, like Otonal.
Another thing, she is always a underdog in nationals because the junior girls, but who was 2nd last year at worlds? Tuktamysheva o Sotnikova can this year? Let's see.

I think the best team for euros and worlds (3 spots because of Leonova and Makarova) is Tuktamisheva, Sotnikova and Leonova. If Russia wants her glorious years has to celebrate own skaters.

That's my opinion... And now Tuktamisheva, bring your *** to the ice and make us proud of you!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
:disapp:, so no chnnce of competing today? Im soo disappointed
this was the perfect nationals for her to finally win gold with no Julia

Sotnikova will become a 4 time Russian Champion ? :disapp:

What is your problem with Adelina?? I remember you liked her last year. And she skated very well in the SP.
AlexRus just replied this is just news and Liza didn't withdrew yet.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
What is your problem with Adelina?? I remember you liked her last year. And she skated very well in the SP.
AlexRus just replied this is just news and Liza didn't withdrew yet.

I gave up on Adelina, she is a headcase which I could never support
Julia and Liza are the future of the Russian ladies skaters maybe Elena too but not Adelina