2013 Russian Nationals Ladies | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2013 Russian Nationals Ladies

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I gave up on Adelina, she is a headcase which I could never support
Julia and Liza are the future of the Russian ladies skaters maybe Elena too but not Adelina

You have up on a 16 year old because she can't skate consistently yet? Your expectations are a bit high IMO. Just watch Kostner
Julia and Elena are too young, puberty might hit them hard. Liza's jumps were too good in the first place to succumb to puberty :clap:

shallow edging

Rinkside
I gave up on Adelina, she is a headcase which I could never support
Julia and Liza are the future of the Russian ladies skaters maybe Elena too but not Adelina

So a season and a half of poor results which did include a national title and the potential for another and you're calling her a head case? Ashley Wagner was much worse before she went to John Nicks and now look at her. Adelina could easily be the future of Russian skating.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
So a season and a half of poor results which did include a national title and the potential for another and you're calling her a head case? Ashley Wagner was much worse before she went to John Nicks and now look at her. Adelina could easily be the future of Russian skating.

Plus 3 medals on GP circuit, another junior world medal and youth Olympics silver. For many skaters, this season and a half would be considered successful

Country
Russia
Now that I'm less preoccupied by placements and scores, I have just noticed that this was the first competition in HISTORY where the 10 top ladies all completed 3/3's!!!!

VERY impressive stat!

Combos SP (info from forums, protocols are not availiable yet) in starting order
1 3Lz+3Lo< fall
2 3Lz+3T maybe UR
3 3Lz+3T step-out
4 3T step out
5 3T+3T very good (Sotnikova)
6 3Lz+2T
7 3F+2T
8 3T+3T
9 3Lz+3T<
10 3T+3T
11 3F+3T
12 3Lz+3T Wow! (Liza)
13 3Lz+3T
14 3Lz(not ideal exit)+3T
15 3T+3T
16 3T+3T
17 3F+3T
18 3Т+3Т fall

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I agree. It's waaay too early to give up on Adelina. She's only 16 or 17 years old...give her a chance to grow and mature before you throw the towel in. The only thing Adelina is missing is confidence and, as with most girls, that comes with age and maturity. She's massively talented and you shouldn't give up on that kind of talent without giving it an opportunity to develop.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I agree. It's waaay too early to give up on Adelina. She's only 16 or 17 years old...give her a chance to grow and mature before you throw the towel in. The only thing Adelina is missing is confidence and, as with most girls, that comes with age and maturity. She's massively talented and you shouldn't give up on that kind of talent without giving it an opportunity to develop.
:agree::yes: Just look at Kostner/Czisny/Wagner/Suzuki!

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (updated)

1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - 69.50 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Adelina Sotnikova - 66.99 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Elena Radionova - 64.58 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Polina Korobeynikova - 60.85 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
5. Anna Pogorilaya - 60.45 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Alena Leonova - 59.64 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Evgenia Gerasimova - 59.57 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Nikol Gosviani - 57.77 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
9. Serafima Sakhanovich - 56.50 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Alsu Kayumova - 53.89 Short Program
11. Maria Stavitskaya - 53.40 Short Program, 2nd Copy
12. Ksenia Makarova - 53.36 Short Program, 2nd Copy
13. Elizaveta Yushchenko - 51.40 Short Program, 2nd Copy
14. Natalia Ogoreltseva - 51.16 Short Program, 2nd Copy
15. Alina Maximova - 50.66 Short Program
16. Julia Li - 47.56 Short Program, 2nd Copy
17. Sofia Biryukova - 46.98 Short Program, 2nd Copy
18. Tatiana Fedoseeva - 44.71 Short Program

seniorita

Record Breaker
What time is Ladies FS?
it is ok if Liza doesnt skate, she and RN dont get along, I ll be dissappointed cause that would have been a fight now with Adelina and Elena but Yagudin never won Nationals and I d be fine if Liza would have his career too. :biggrin:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
What time is Ladies FS?
it is ok if Liza doesnt skate, she and RN dont get along, I ll be dissappointed cause that would have been a fight now with Adelina and Elena but Yagudin never won Nationals and I d be fine if Liza would have his career too. :biggrin:

Ladies FS starts in about an hour I believe. I was thinking the exact same thing about Liza and Yagudin

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
:agree::yes: Just look at Kostner/Czisny/Wagner/Suzuki!

Exactly. Some skaters take a little longer to "find themselves" in this sport. Adelina started as a junior phenom but she's run into the same pitfalls that most girls her age do in this sport. She's retained all of her jumps, spins, speed, etc., so that's the great news. From here, it's just a matter of figuring out how to make it all work again. She's been struggling this season but to turn in a clean SP at a pressure-filled event like nationals is a big deal (IMO opinion anyway).

Same thing for Liza T. She's had a rough season too. It took some time but she adjusted to her new height and weight and slowly gained her confidence back over the course of the season. She was wonderful in her SP and I really hope she is able to compete in the LP.

bibi

On the Ice
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a livestream for the long programs other than the one with a 3 days free trials? Thank you so much! We would really like to watch it :)

Icey

Record Breaker
I'm not sure Czisny or Suzuki, both of whom I like, are good choices to support your argument. Both seem yet to "find themselves" or to figure out how to make it all work.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Liza withrew, confirmed.
:cry: I hope they will at least send her to Euros as the third Russian and, if she performs well there, to Worlds, she deserves it! Now, the title is a battle between Adelina and Lena, I believe, the Bronze between Alena and Polina... :popcorn:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
She's been struggling this season but to turn in a clean SP at a pressure-filled event like nationals is a big deal (IMO opinion anyway).

but Adelina has No pressure at nationals, she did poorly in the Grand Prix, she would have been lucky to medal at nationals
Julia, Liza and Elena would have beaten her anyways

oleada

Record Breaker
but Adelina has No pressure at nationals, she did poorly in the Grand Prix, she would have been lucky to medal at nationals
Julia, Liza and Elena would have beaten her anyways

Or conversely, she had extra pressure to prove herself after a poor season so far.

She's 16. It's her first full senior season. It's far too early to rule such a talented skater out.

I'm sad Liza had to withdraw :(