2013 Russian Nationals Ladies | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2013 Russian Nationals Ladies

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I'm not sure Czisny or Suzuki, both of whom I like, are good choices to support your argument. Both seem yet to "find themselves" or to figure out how to make it all work.

Not everyone can win worlds or be #1 at everything...so I guess you have to measure success by whatever measuring stick you're given. Reaching your personal best as a skater is equivalent to "finding yourself" IMO.

I'd say Czisny winning the GPF and then convincingly winning nationals in 2011 amounts to "finding herself" as a skater. That was pretty much the absolute best she could be. Unfortunately, Alissa only found herself for one season but I suppose it's better to have found oneself than not to have found oneself...or whatever. :)

And Akiko has yet to really reach the top but she's been a top tier skater for the past four years and won many medals on the GP and at the GPF, culminating in finally hitting the world podium last year. To me, she has reached her peak as a skater. Unfortunately her peak doesn't seem to be enough to get her to the very top but it's good enough to be near it and if it's the best she can do, I think that's amazing.

The success both achieved is more than what the majority of skaters will ever achieve, so I think that's commendable. Like I said not everyone has the talent/luck to be the very best but doing your best, no matter the results, is what counts.

Liza withrew, confirmed.

Dammit!! :cry:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Now, let's see how Adelina skates this FS, then we can comment on the result, we're already speaking as if she won falling 8 times! ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Liza withdrew, sooooo sad :cry: I don't think she will Ever win a Nationals

my predictions:
1 Elena
2 Adelina
3 Pogorilaya/Sakhanovich/Korobeynikova

kwanatic

Record Breaker
Julia, Liza and Elena would have beaten her anyways

I don't think you can make that statement until after we see how she skates here.

The point is even when Adelina makes mistakes she still scores higher than most b/c her overall skating is very strong. She skates much bigger than Julia, her presentation is stronger than Liza's and she's much more mature and refined than Elena. One thing is for sure: If Adelina, Julia, Liza and Elena all performed perfectly, I don't doubt Adelina would be the one to finish on top. Adelina is the only skater out of this current crop of Russian girls who has a shot at matching or beating the top names in the sport. Flutz aside (who cares), she doesn't have any weak areas in her skating.

If she can get her nerves under control, she'd be almost unbeatable...and there are very few skaters you can say that about...

kwanatic

Record Breaker
I don't know anything about the Russian world team selection process, but is there a chance Liza could be granted a bye to worlds? I mean, she had a strong performance at the GPF and it's obvious from her SP she's on the upswing...especially with Radionova too young to go and Korobeynikova not really making much of a mark on the GP, is there a way they would name Liza to the team? If she's only sick and not injured, she will be better by the time worlds roll around. Right now Liza, Adelina and Alena are probably Russia's best bet for worlds even though the latter two haven't been too strong recently.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

she'll get a bye for Euros for sure

Sakhanovich went clean in FS, she might sneak in for bronze
120.87 FS score with two 3-3's: 3Lz-3T, 3F-3T

Last edited:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I think she has rightfully earned the spot with her results, but with Mishin as her coach there is no way she'll be left off the team.

Macassar88

Medalist
Wow that girl who just went is great!
Triple flip-1/2 loop-3 sal
Triple lutz-triple toe
Tano Loop
Triple flip in the last 20 seconds of the program!

oleada

Record Breaker
Kayumova and Sahanovich both skated as well as they could and will be ones to watch in the JGP next year, IMO. Both did 3Lz+3T and 3F+0.5Lo+3S. Kayumova in particular needs to work on her presentation, but both girls were impressive.

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
Kayumova and Sahanovich both skated as well as they could and will be ones to watch in the JGP next year, IMO. Both did 3Lz+3T and 3F+0.5Lo+3S. Kayumova in particular needs to work on her presentation, but both girls were impressive.

Hopefully they can survive puberty.

Also I hate Gosviani's jump technique.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^
Sakhanovich still has her terrible bent knees on landing her jumps ala Satoko, though it has improved

Kayumova FS score 109.62 a bit low
Govsviyani gets 112 for that ? her jumps looked forceful and her technique was meant for her fall on the ice

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
Debating whether I should risk taking a shot every time Ksenia falls... I might end up with alcohol poisoning...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Makarova is done, I also hope they don't reward Leonova if she falls 3 times, that does not deserve to podium