2013 Russian Nationals Ice Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 Russian Nationals Ice Dance

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Never expected R/T with the highest TES on the night. Really helps to be in Tarasova's good favor. No chance now for M/K

Shaba22

Final Flight
1 Bobrova / Soloviev 174.72
2 Ilinkyh / Katsalapov 171.67
3 Riazanova / Tkachenko 163.87
4 Monko / Khaliavin 155.63
5 Sinitsina / Zhiganshin 153.97

Mao88

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV - 174.72 Free Dance
2. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV - 171.67
3. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA & Ilia TKACHENKO - 163.87
4. Ksenia MONKO & Kirill KHALIAVIN - 155.66
5. Victoria SINITSINA & Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN - 153.97 Free Dance
6. Ekaterina PUSHKASH & Jonathan GUERREIRO - 143.11 Free Dance
7. Valeria STARYGINA & Ivan VOLOBUIEV - 126.99 Free Dance
8. Tatiana BATURINTSEVA & Andrei NEVSKIY - 95.35 Free Dance
9. Darya SEMENIKHINA & Jan GLAZKOV - 88.06 Free Dance

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Ruslan has a habit of slipping his blades in FS doesnt he , costly mistakes
lost to M/K who has no international reputation is disappointing :disapp:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Ruslan has a habit of slipping his blades in FS doesnt he , costly mistakes
lost to M/K who has no international reputation is disappointing :disapp:

And what international reputation have S/Z? Both them and M/K are junior world champions. M/K missed a season, now they are getting better and better. They have better programs(thanks to Zhulin), Khalyavin is particularly good and feels the music, both have great passion and the judges still awarded S/Z better PCS. Ruslan was a bit off today, M/K were better overall and are rightfully ahead of them.
I am still shocked at R/T technical score. And I love Elena's new dress and hair, so simple, elegant and classy, to bad they have a really bad FD

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
And what international reputation have S/Z? Both them and M/K are junior world champions. M/K missed a season, now they are getting better and better. They have better programs(thanks to Zhulin), Khalyavin is particularly good and feels the music, both have great passion and the judges still awarded S/Z better PCS. Ruslan was a bit off today, M/K were better overall and are rightfully ahead of them.
I am still shocked at R/T technical score. And I love Elena's new dress and hair, so simple, elegant and classy, to bad they have a really bad FD

S/Z have better international records and is rewarded by the judges more, M/K achievements were ?
sorry just cant get over M/K height similarities, I don't think they have that passion they look mismatched to me

Mirunna

Record Breaker
sorry just cant get over M/K height similarities, I don't think they have that passion they look mismatched to me

I get that. But personal preference is not a criteria for the judges:biggrin:. The Kerss were a very good team and they were even closer in height. And it's not anyone's fault Victoria and Ruslan don't change coaches already, they won't get anywhere with Kustarova. I like them a lot too but I'm not getting my hopes up for them until they don't leave their current coach. Igor Spielband would be an amazing choice for them :love:

S/Z success is a medal on a GP circuit and that thanks to the fluke that happened to the Shibs. That's all they have more than M/K. M/K have actually 2 gold medals in JGPF and 2 junior world medals.

Macassar88

Medalist
I'd also like to see them go to Krylova so she could have a talented Russian pair.
I get that. But personal preference is not a criteria for the judges:biggrin:. The Kerss were a very good team and they were even closer in height. And it's not anyone's fault Victoria and Ruslan don't change coaches already, they won't get anywhere with Kustarova. I like them a lot too but I'm not getting my hopes up for them until they don't leave their current coach. Igor Spielband would be an amazing choice for them :love:

S/Z success is a medal on a GP circuit and that thanks to the fluke that happened to the Shibs. That's all they have more than M/K. M/K have actually 2 gold medals in JGPF and 2 junior world medals.

Mao88

Record Breaker
FREE DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Ekaterina BOBROVA & Dmitri SOLOVIEV - 174.72 Free Dance, Interview
2. Elena ILINYKH & Nikita KATSALAPOV - 171.67 Free Dance, Interview
3. Ekaterina RIAZANOVA & Ilia TKACHENKO - 163.87 Free Dance, Interview
4. Ksenia MONKO & Kirill KHALIAVIN - 155.66 Free Dance
5. Victoria SINITSINA & Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN - 153.97 Free Dance
6. Ekaterina PUSHKASH & Jonathan GUERREIRO - 143.11 Free Dance
7. Valeria STARYGINA & Ivan VOLOBUIEV - 126.99 Free Dance
8. Tatiana BATURINTSEVA & Andrei NEVSKIY - 95.35 Free Dance
9. Darya SEMENIKHINA & Jan GLAZKOV - 88.06 Free Dance

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
If Ilinykh and Katsalapov can't even be no.1 in Russia, there's no way they're getting anywhere close to bronze by worlds. I wonder if Morozov will stay true to his word and stop working with them! (That way they can move to an actual coach)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I love Sinitsina/Zhiganshin as of this year. I watch the short dance over and over and the free dance is great too.

gmyers

Record Breaker
If Ilinykh and Katsalapov can't even be no.1 in Russia, there's no way they're getting anywhere close to bronze by worlds. I wonder if Morozov will stay true to his word and stop working with them! (That way they can move to an actual coach)

neither b/s or i/k is getting bronze because bronze is still reserved for P/B.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I have a question. Here http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/12/third-gold-for-bobrova-and-soloviev-at-russian-nationals/ it says B/S got level 4 on everything and yet R/T won on TES, so this means R/T got higher GOE than B/S since the base value is the same for both teams? If that's the case, then I find it absurd, R/T are not at B/S's level and their execution is certainly not better. Both B/S and I/K posted scores over 95 in GP series and got here over 100 which is clearly inflated but R/T didn't even scored over 90 points internationally this season. It makes no sense to me

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Bobrova and Soloviev's diagonal step sequence was really not well performed, I don't understand how it could receive a level 4, but surely it didn't receive +2 or +3 in the GOE, there were actually a lot of small mistakes (including the overall slowness)... However, congratulations to everyone! :clap:

Macassar88

Medalist
Bobrova and Soloviev's diagonal step sequence was really not well performed, I don't understand how it could receive a level 4, but surely it didn't receive +2 or +3 in the GOE, there were actually a lot of small mistakes (including the overall slowness)... However, congratulations to everyone! :clap:

I felt like overall their performance was a bit reined in. I thought that their GPF was amazing until they fell. They were starting to actually become the characters. Hopefully by worlds they'll be able to actually go crazy on the ice without falling.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
neither b/s or i/k is getting bronze because bronze is still reserved for P/B.

It does feel that way, doesn't it? But B/S certainly look *closer* to bronze than I/K do. (Thank heavens for that, I can't stand I/K's FD, even though they really performed the heck out of it here!).

I'm really happy for R/T that they had such excellent TES, but I wish they'd shown the improvement that, say, B/S showed after the off-season. They seem so very, very talented, and I like to think that they can- or at least have the potential to- overtake I/K. That's possibly just a personal bias, but I do think their excellent TES this season could possibly support that bias. Maybe