Hi all, just thought with nationals around the corner it was time to start a prediction thread. I'm dreadful at this, but I'll take a shot...
Well, Emmanuel Sandhu is back, at least according to the starting orders that SC posted. Honestly, though, I wonder how well he'll actually be able to keep up. The sport had changed since he last competed, and he wasn't terribly good at keeping it together back then either.
1. Patrick Chan (Duh. Even if he falls non stop, I don't think anyone can touch him.)
2. Kevin Reynolds
3. Elladj Balde (He seems to have made improvements this year.)
4. Liam Firus (I think he shows potential. Beautiful skating skills, one to watch.)
5. Jeremy Ten
1. Kaetlyn Osmond (She's on fire, and her attitude will pull her through under pressure I think.)
2. Amelie Lacoste
3. Gabrielle Daleman (I know this one is out there, but I've seen this girl in person and she's a spitfire. I think she could make some waves here.)
4. Julianne Seguin
5. Alaine Chartrande
I wonder whether or not Dube/Wolfe actually make it here. From what I understand her injury was serious. Even if they do, they probably won't be competition ready by January.
1. Duhamel/Radford (They've been fabulous all season.)
2. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch (These two really stepped it up this year. Not enough to beat a relatively clean D/R, but enough to secure 2nd I think.)
3. Lawrence/Swiegers (They've had a good year, but IMO aren't up to scratch with the other two.)
5. Dube/Wolfe (If they come.)
For those of you who haven't heard, Weaver/Poje are skipping nationals, and possibly the rest of the season. Kaitlyn broke her fibula in practice this week, and had since had surgery. That changes things in terms of Worlds spots. Just for reference, Gilles/Poirier are now eligible to compete at worlds, and Paul/Islam have met the ISU minimum scores at their senior B events and are thus also eligible.
1. Virtue/Moir (Again, duh.)
2. Paul/Islam (I know this isn't the popular choice, but they look fabulous this year, and I have hope that the judges will award their skills for once.)
4. Ralph/Hill (They're a hot mess this year. I doubt they can challenge the other two teams, and could possibly be surpassed I think.)
5. Orford/Williams (Could finish higher. They looked pretty good on the GP circuit.)
I think your spot on, however in dance G/P might claim silver. They did last year and I think it might happen again.
I feel kinda bad for ralph and hill. They had my favorite dance last season but this season it's like you said, they've been a hot mess and will get a 4th of 5th place finish.
- * -
I must really be asleep, I originally started writing this from Reynolds on and left out CHAN..
1) Chan 2) Reynolds 3) Rogozine (although it could be Balde since Rogozine usually doesn't skate that well at Nationals)
I'm not going to predict Sandhu for a medal, since I have NO IDEA how he's going to skate.
1) Osmond 2) Lacoste 3) No idea after this, since Najarro is out with injury. Maybe Adriana DeSanctis?
1) Duhamel/Radford 2) Moore-Towers/Moscovitch 3) Lawrence/Swiegers
1) Virtue/Moir 2) Gilles/Poirier 3) Ralph/Hill (or Paul/Islam.. but I'm hoping it's Ralph/Hill, I really like their SD)
Actually, they had the bronze last year. W/P had the silver.
Originally Posted by icedinn
Oops my mistake thanks for the correction.
Re: Dube/Wolfe - I noticed that they are listed on the starting order as of Dec. 19th.....
I think Mitchell Gordon could end up in top 5 and upset some of the sr men - he beat Jeremy Ten at sectionals, and beat Elladj in the freeskate at Challenge. One to watch....
Ladies will be interesting too - I'd be surprised that Amelie can pull it together to beat Kaetlyn O., and then with the junior ladies coming up (Daleman, Seguin, Chartrand) , it will be about who is clean, and looks like she belongs as a senior lady rather than a junior lady..
I am not convinced Lacoste will even podium. Nationals is Osmond's to lose. And she will have to mess up badly to not win. If the 3 junior girls (Seguin, Daleman, Chartrand) skate to their potential, Lacoste's PCS is the only part that may save her
7 Nam Nguyen
1 Duhamel/Radford 2 Moore-Towers/ Moscovich 3 Lawrence/Swiegers
1. Virtue Moir
2. Paul Islam
3. Gilles Poirier
1. Duhamel Radford
2. Moore-Towers Moscovich
3. Lawrence Swiegers
Alexe Gilles is listed ??
Wicked Yankee Girl
Yes. Alexe Gilles is listed as competing in Senior Ladies
3)don't know, blade, liam firus, rogzine, sandhu
2)gilles and proirier
3) wide open-dube/wolfe, purdy & marino and bobek & harry
Last edited by fairly4; 01-05-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Reason: added pairs
Men: Chan, Reynolds, Blade, Rogozine, Firus
Ladies: Osmond, Lacoste, Daleman, Chartrand, Seguin
Pair: Duhamel/Radford, Moore-Tower/Moscovitch, Purdy/Marinaro, Lawernce/Sweigers, Jones/Beharry
Dance: Virtue/Moir, Gillies/Poirier, Ralph/Hill, Paul/Islam, Orford/Williams