Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Predictions??

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    So far , Osmond has seemed to be impervious to nerves , or at least be able to turn them into a positive force when she takes the ice.... but she's never been in the position of being the favourite at this level before. I hope she's able to just ride it .( Her demeanor reminds me a bit of a young Kurt Browning ).

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    @DylanMoscovitch has tweeted these "fighting words":
    7 days until redemption.
    9:26 AM - 11 Jan 13

The top Canadian pairs all are so likeable.
    I wish that every team could win.

Custom Title
    As much as I wish Sandu well I don't think he has had enough training time or resources to compete at the elite. He should make top ten but without an axel or quad and diminished spins (scarey actually) he has only had a month to improve. Amazing for how little time and resources and I wish him well. A solid Sandu is not a bad no. 2 man!!! Hear the sarcasm because if he could regain the form and skate cleanly we all know he would be a threat for at least top 5 in the world but who knows what has happened with time. Maybe Mira Leung will return too (wink wink

Custom Title
    This is a stab in the dark:

Men

Chan
    Reynolds
    Rogozoine

women

Osmond
    Lacoste
    Some very luck skater Charobnneau?

Pairs

Duhamel Radford
    Moore-Towers/Moscovitch/
    Lawrence/Swiegers

Dance

Virtue/Moir
    Gilles/Poirier
    paul/islam

Custom Title
    It looks like in the men those who make the top three other than Chan and I am not sure if Reynolds has qualified scorewise but the third guy will be under the gun to meet the minimum score requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    It looks like in the men those who make the top three other than Chan and I am not sure if Reynolds has qualified scorewise but the third guy will be under the gun to meet the minimum score requirement.
    IIRC Reynolds has made the qualifying scores for Worlds. I'm not sure about Rogozine, but I think Balde only has one of them.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    My predictions

Men
    1. Patrick Chan
    2. Kevin Reynolds
    3. Ellajd Balde
    4. Liam Firus
    5. Jeremy Ten

Chan wil win by a BIG margin - no contest. Reynolds should be okay for silver, if he can hit some quads. Bronze is more open, but I'm guessing Balde.

Ladies
    1. Kaetlyn Osmond
    2. Amelie Lacoste
    3. Gabrielle Daleman
    4. Julianne Seguin
    5. Alaine Chartrand

Osmond is clear favorite for gold. Lacoste could take silver, if she doesn't make too many mistakes, but the youngsters could knock her off the podium.

Pairs
    1. Duhamel/Radford
    2. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch
    3. Lawrence/Swiegers
    4. Purdy/Marinaro
    5. Jones/Beharry

Duhamel/Radford are favorites, but Moore-Towers/Moscovitch could take the title if they skate strong and D/R make some big mistakes.

Ice Dance
    1. Virtue/Moir
    2. Gilles/Poirier
    3. Paul/Islam
    4. Ralph/Hill
    5. Orford/Willaims

Virtue/Moir will take the title, no doubt. Silver is between Gilles/Poirier and Paul/Islam; I think Paul/Islam will take silver if they're clean, but I don't think they will be. Ralph/Hill is off the podium and will maybe get some comp from Orford/Williams for 4th place.

Men
    1. Patrick Chan (Any doubt? the question is how clean can he be)
    2. Kevin Reynolds (Kevin actual has made some progress in his skating skills, but not enough? or something is still not right)
    3. Ellajd Balde/Jeremy Ten (J10 has a big PCS cusion, approximately 2 jumps in the total score? the outcome would really depend how many jumps they can pull off)
    5. Andrei Rogozoine (for some reason, he always screwed up nationals, would it help to skate at home this time?)
    6. Liam Firus (besides the big jumps, he needs to work on stamina and spins)
    Hey, don't forget, Sandhu is here! I doubt he can crack in top 5 without a proper coach, but always interesting to watch.

Ladies
    1. Kaetlyn Osmond
    2. Amelie Lacoste
    Najarro is not here, so it's quite difficult to pick from the rest...some has the skating, some has the jumps...

Pairs
    1. Duhamel/Radford
    2. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch
    3. Lawrence/Swiegers
    Sigh, Dube/Wolfe retired

Ice Dance
    1. Virtue/Moir (Waiting to see the reworked SD...)
    2. Gilles/Poirier or Paul/Islam (I saw many people wishing them well, me2)
    4. Ralph/Hill or Orford/Willaims
    Very close contest in dance...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    IIRC Reynolds has made the qualifying scores for Worlds. I'm not sure about Rogozine, but I think Balde only has one of them.
    Rogozine has made the standard fully ( based on skates from last season ). Balde has made the SP requirement but still has to make the FS requirement.

It is interestesting as Rogozine tends to struggle at nationals. Personally I think Balde will finish 3rd at nationals unless Rogozine brings his best there ( which he has never done to this point ).

Pairs
    1. Duhamel/Radford

Dance
    1. Virtue/Moir (Easiest prediction I've ever made)

Men
    1. The Holy Patrick Chan

Ladies
    1. Osmond
    2. Alexe Gilles

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Ladies
    1. Osmond
    2. Alexe Gilles
    The same Alexe Gilles from the US? She skates for Canada now?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    The same Alexe Gilles from the US? She skates for Canada now?
    Yes it is . She switched this season, she placed 9th at challenge to qualify, I dont expect her to be challenging for any medals though as she was well back of Osmond, Chartrand, Dalemann and Seguin and appears not to be attempting triple flip and lutz anymore, but I would love if she proved me wrong I loved her skating last time I saw her (back when she last qualified for US nats)

Medalist
    I hope Osmond wins, I love her hapiness on the ice. Good luck girl!
    Gilles and Lacoste should take 2 and 3.

Emanuel Sandhu to the podium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatel80 View Post
    Yes it is . She switched this season, she placed 9th at challenge to qualify, I dont expect her to be challenging for any medals though as she was well back of Osmond, Chartrand, Dalemann and Seguin and appears not to be attempting triple flip and lutz anymore, but I would love if she proved me wrong I loved her skating last time I saw her (back when she last qualified for US nats)
    This is the surprise for me of the day. I had no idea that she switched countries.

I guess her chances are better versus the US, but if she was 9th at the Challenge then...

Custom Title

Predictions??

Quote Originally Posted by TelmoFe View Post
    I hope Osmond wins, I love her hapiness on the ice. Good luck girl!
    Gilles and Lacoste should take 2 and 3.

Emanuel Sandhu to the podium.
    Osmond should win, even with mistakes in the long. After the short program, Kaetlyn is about 12 points ahead of 2nd place Lacoste. Seems doubtful Alexe can challenge for a medal. She is currently in 12th position, more than 10 points behind 3rd place Seguin (who is herself 4 points behind Amelie).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast