Favorite Christmas/Holiday movies? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favorite Christmas/Holiday movies?

White Christmas

How could I have forgotten? Shame on me. And there's also the earlier movie that served as a springboard for this one, Holiday Inn, which is where the song "White Christmas" came from. I prefer the first movie for one reason: along with Bing Crosby, it stars Fred Astaire. (Two of the most magical words in Hollywood to me.) Holiday Inn takes place all through the year; the concept is an inn that opens only for the holidays.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For more "recent" ones....

I loved Elf

So did I!!! I loved the story, and Will Ferrell was so convincing! You genuinely did feel sorry for him when he found out the truth!

Speaking of Will Ferrell, for those that can receive BBC1, “Blades Of Glory” is being shown at midnight GMT tonight.

Not exactly a Christmas movie (as far as I know!), but it’s being shown today, so hopefully that will qualify it for this thread rather than starting a new one!

So, bearing in mind that, generally speaking, I like Will Ferrell films, I was wondering: should I tape it? Or is it the sort of film that a fan of the sport should avoid like the plague?!

Any advice (without giving away the whole story!) would be appreciated

CaroLiza_fan

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So did I!!! I loved the story, and Will Ferrell was so convincing! You genuinely did feel sorry for him when he found out the truth!

Speaking of Will Ferrell, for those that can receive BBC1, “Blades Of Glory” is being shown at midnight GMT tonight.

Not exactly a Christmas movie (as far as I know!), but it’s being shown today, so hopefully that will qualify it for this thread rather than starting a new one!

So, bearing in mind that, generally speaking, I like Will Ferrell films, I was wondering: should I tape it? Or is it the sort of film that a fan of the sport should avoid like the plague?!

Any advice (without giving away the whole story!) would be appreciated

CaroLiza_fan

It's just plain funny! This probably too late -- since it aired in Midnight your time. But I hope you do get to watch it -- it is hilarious and it include a bunch of skater cameos! (Sasha Cohen, Scott Hamilton, Brian Botaino, Peggy Flemming, Dorthy Hammil).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hey Mrs. P

Sorry about the late reply. I took a bit of time away from the forum, as I hadn’t finished watching the Russian Nationals and didn’t want to accidentally see the results. But, I’m all caught up now!

Don’t worry, I decided to tape “Blades of Glory” anyway just in case it was good! Haven’t got round to watching it yet, though. But, I will! ;) :biggrin:

Oooh - Cameos! That sounds good!!! ;) :biggrin:

Thank you for the reply

CaroLiza_fan