Junior Worlds

Men
    Keiji Tanaka
    Ryuju Hino

Ladies
    Satoko Miyahara
    Rika Hongo

http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter...pnavi-spo.html
    Last edited by NMURA; 12-23-2012 at 06:43 AM.

Rinkside
    Thanks for the info! Same teams for both 4CC and Worlds? I was hoping Kozuka or Oda would get 4CC, but no denying that Mura has earned the spots

Congrats to everyone, esp. Mura who really put it out there.

So sad for Kozuka, but maybe next season...

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Yep, sad to think we won't see Kozuka again this season. Now I hope that Mura will deliver in both competitions.

Custom Title
    Poor Kozuka and Oda, this is really weird; usually they don't send top 3 to 4cc!

May be because Kozuka is still injured?
    Last edited by treeloving; 12-23-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by treeloving View Post
    Poor Kozuka and Oda, this is really weird; usually they don't send top 3 to 4cc!

May be because Kozuka is still injured?
    No. 4CC is in Osaka. That's why.

Custom Title
    Speaking of Osaka, I'm a little surprised to see Oda was not chosen. The gap between 3rd and 4th is small. Many people wouldn't disagree if Oda was the 3rd. It's apparent that the JSF wants to give better supports to Mura as the #2 man after Sochi, or even the 3rd man at Sochi.

Custom Title
    Oda is from Osaka? And the 4CC will be held in Osaka, right? Oh, poor Oda. He didn’t skate that bad and 4th place finish at this tough competition is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    That is not a landing position.
    Don’t just look at the landing picture. You should look at the gif first and then you compare to the landing screenshot and you’ll see that is the moment when his skate hit the ice, meaning that’s his landing. Judges and experts all count that as a skater’s landing. Then he rotated the rest of his rotation on the ice and got into a better position, which casual fans usually mistake that for the landing when it isn’t. But anything a skater does after the initial landing doesn’t count.

skating philosopher
    It's a bummer for Oda, because he only missed the podium by two points or so and he actually finished third in the FS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Oda is from Osaka? And the 4CC will be held in Osaka, right? Oh, poor Oda. He didn’t skate that bad and 4th place finish at this tough competition is pretty good.

Don’t just look at the landing picture. You should look at the gif first and then you compare to the landing screenshot and you’ll see that is the moment when his skate hit the ice, meaning that’s his landing. Judges and experts all count that as a skater’s landing. Then he rotated the rest of his rotation on the ice and got into a better position, which casual fans usually mistake that for the landing when it isn’t. But anything a skater does after the initial landing doesn’t count.
    In that screenshot his blade was not hitting the ice. The slow motion video is much more clear.

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Is there any news on who from Russia is going to 4CC and Worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    Check out the Ladies thread in the Russian Nationals folder.

To me, under-rotation is cheating and does not show real athleticism. I never liked how Sarah Hughes cheated her jumps. It’s like in a 10,000 m running event, your rivals run 25 laps but you only run 24 laps. That’s cheating. If your rivals can rotate their jumps but you cannot, then you should not get same points as your rivals on those jumps. Otherwise it’s not fair.

Plus, I don’t think we need to look at the protocols to tell if the jumps are under-rotated or there was a wrong edge takeoff. Many times I watch the replay and immediately know that it’s a URed jump. I know some people don’t like falls, some don’t like popped jumps, others can’t stand terrible skating skills, etc. I think all these mistakes should be punished, including UR and wrong edge takeoff. JMO.
    Once we accept the premise of the CoP, that a figure skating performance is to be judged by how many hundredths of a point a skater gets for this skill and for that, then there is no escaping the justice of your argument.

My objection is that this way of looking at figure skating has robbed it of its soul, without really making it any more acceptable as a "real sport" to the general public than it was before. (A minority opinion, to be sure. )

Good Lord, save me!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    I am pretty sure nobody from Russia is going to 4CC.

Custom Title
    That could be a typo. Anyway, MK's Winter, Liza, Adelina, and Nikol Gosviani are going to Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by let’s talk View Post
    Why not? You said in Men thread that Yuzu underrotated his 3T in 3A combo. And yet, keeping claiming how strict you are on ur, you went blind eye on Hanyu's ur…… What a fs fan should care is that UR calls became a scumbag institution that judges switch on when they need it and switch off when they don't, depends on the skater and the event. It doesn't fit the sportsmanship and spirit of fair play.
    No, that was not my choice but the tech panel’s choice. The tech panel went blind eye on Takahashi’s 3T< (?) in the 3Lz3T in the SP, which was on the verge of UR, so they had to go blind eye on Yuzru’s 3T< (?) since it was in the same situation as Takahashi’s 3T. Plus, the tech panel also went blind eye on Takahashi’s 3A< in the SP and 3A<2T<2Lo< and 3Lz (e) 3T in the LP.

If they called on Yuzru’s 3T< but didn’t call Takahashi’s 3T<, etc., then it would not fit “the spirit of fair play.” They had to either call on both 3T’s or call on neither. What they should not have done was call on one person’s 3T but not call on the other.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast